[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleMikey

Quote from: SleepyFox on August 28, 2014, 05:15:29 PM
Oh hey, Minami, the equipment racks are /slightly/ borked in that there's no way to 'select all'. If you want to use them for everything you have to go down the list and click everything one by one. And that's a lot of guns.

If you go to: \Mods\Tech Tree Minami A6\Defs\ThingDefs\TTM_Buildings_Furniture.xml
Find "<defName>EquipmentRack</defName>"

And delete the lines:
     <defaultStorageSettings>
  <priority>Important</priority>
  <allowances>
<exceptedCategories>
  <li>Weapons</li>
</exceptedCategories>
  </allowances>
      </defaultStorageSettings>

Your equipment racks will by default have everything selected (Although you'll need to rebuild any equipment racks you've already built)

Patrykbono20

AlmightyR

Quote from: minami26 on August 30, 2014, 02:33:29 AM
Quote from: AlmightyR on August 29, 2014, 06:55:32 PM
How do I create a compact research terminal ITEM? I have all pre-trade workbenches and I searched all bills (i think), but it's nowhere...My original RT (the one that came inside a pod in the beginning) was destroyed in a pirate raid, so if I'm supposed to get it from deconstruction of that one, I guess I'm stuck? In that case what is the save-file code I need to...Well...God-wish it into existence near my base so that I can unstuck myself?

you are pretty much stuck, the idea behind it was. "Imagine yourself crash landing on a desolate planet and you got the chance to carry with you a laptop, thats good right? so you've got to be very ultra careful with it, once it gets destroyed. Its game over.

if you want to cheat you because you want to continue the game, you can go to option turn Developer Mode on, go to spawn direct thing, search for Compact Research Terminal and plop it on the ground.

Well, it doesn't really matter much how careful you are with it when the story-teller sends the raid of pirates literal on top of the damn thing, and on immediate-attack mode...  :o *Multiple double-handed facepalms after mutiple hard facedesks*  :o

therandomgamer420

So i don't know if i am just stupid or this is a bug. You need make-do-tools to build the workstation that makes make-do-tools. so i can't really build anything. am i just supposed to wait till they fall from the sky?

Xerberus86

Quote from: AlmightyR on August 30, 2014, 10:46:19 AM
How do I create a compact research terminal ITEM? I have all pre-trade workbenches and I searched all bills (i think), but it's nowhere...My original RT (the one that came inside a pod in the beginning) was destroyed in a pirate raid, so if I'm supposed to get it from deconstruction of that one, I guess I'm stuck? In that case what is the save-file code I need to...Well...God-wish it into existence near my base so that I can unstuck myself?

you are pretty much stuck, the idea behind it was. "Imagine yourself crash landing on a desolate planet and you got the chance to carry with you a laptop, thats good right? so you've got to be very ultra careful with it, once it gets destroyed. Its game over.

if you want to cheat you because you want to continue the game, you can go to option turn Developer Mode on, go to spawn direct thing, search for Compact Research Terminal and plop it on the ground.

Well, it doesn't really matter much how careful you are with it when the story-teller sends the raid of pirates literal on top of the damn thing, and on immediate-attack mode...  :o *Multiple double-handed facepalms after mutiple hard facedesks*  :o

can't we just buy another one from one of the traders?

therandomgamer420

Nevermind I just saw that i had to deconstruct the pods to get the tool xD. i'm so stupid

SleepyFox

Quote from: Xerberus86 on August 30, 2014, 12:47:11 PM
Quote from: AlmightyR on August 30, 2014, 10:46:19 AM

can't we just buy another one from one of the traders?

If you lose the terminal before you can get the comms desk, you really pretty much -are- screwed. No comms, no trader.
Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net

daft73

Quote from: Xerberus86 on August 29, 2014, 10:20:18 AM
Quote from: Kitsune on August 29, 2014, 10:12:51 AM
TTM is somewhat compatible with many mods. The biggest problem are mods that change/alter or something doing with map generation. The first thing for look out is trie the mods together and if you get the starting items and the message from TTM, its almost clear and maybe its imbalanced and the other mod is sure not integrated in the TTM techtree. If you dont get the starting items (drop pods and CRT) the mod is not compatible with TTM. :)

So if you want a mod and dont want to wait for anyone to test it, test it yourself, if anything from TTM is not aviable or your game explodes in clouds of fluffy kittens, dont use the mod with TTM. ;)

thanks, so time for some "science" :D.

Yes, to all of this. Always a good idea to test new mods out with your current ones; then generally you nip the problem in the bud. Nothing worse than going nuts and adding 10+ mods all at once...then problem searching becomes a hassle.

Most of the time you may be lucky to have this knowledge beforehand, but at the pace that mods come out for Rimworld, not to mention the version changes(vanilla game) can make once perfect mods into nightmares :-\

LittleMikey

Quote from: patrykbono20 on August 30, 2014, 09:26:16 AM
work with superior crafting mod ?

It seems to work fine, although the research trees don't line up so if you want to use TTM's progression system you'll be at a different pace.

LittleMikey

I had a Buzzant hill spawn in my game, but I couldn't attack it. I had to use the claim tool and send a colonist to de-construct it. Also the Buzzants weren't hostile and my colonists wouldn't shoot them without being individually tasked to.

minami26

Quote from: LittleMikey on August 31, 2014, 03:11:54 AM
I had a Buzzant hill spawn in my game, but I couldn't attack it. I had to use the claim tool and send a colonist to de-construct it. Also the Buzzants weren't hostile and my colonists wouldn't shoot them without being individually tasked to.

what!? you can claim a buzzant hill? :D hahaha I didn't expect that you can do that. lol

-----------------------------------

everyone else wanting agave to be plantable,
you can try this:

Go to your Rimworld Folder => Mods => TTM => Defs => ThingDefs :
Look for TTM_Plants_Cultivated and open it on NotePad or any TextEditor.
Go to the bottom and copy & paste this code before the end </Plants> code, then save! it should now be growable on growing zones and hydroponics basin.

<!--===========================  Growable Agave  ==============================-->

<ThingDef ParentName="PlantBase">
    <defName>PlantAgave</defName>
    <label>Agave</label>
    <maxHealth>120</maxHealth>
    <description>Large-leafed desert plant with edible flowers and stalks.</description>
    <beauty>Neutral</beauty>
    <textureFolderPath>Things/Plant/Agave</textureFolderPath>
    <selectable>true</selectable>
    <sunShadowInfo>
      <baseWidth>0.2</baseWidth>
      <baseHeight>0.2</baseHeight>
      <tallness>0.6</tallness>
    </sunShadowInfo>
    <fillPercent>0.25</fillPercent>
    <pathCost>30</pathCost>
    <food>
      <quality>Plant</quality>
      <nutrition>40</nutrition>
    </food>
    <plant>
      <harvestTag>Food</harvestTag>
      <harvestDestroys>true</harvestDestroys>
      <harvestedThingDef>RawAgave</harvestedThingDef>
      <harvestYieldRange>
        <min>2</min>
        <max>6</max>
      </harvestYieldRange>
      <fertilityMin>0.3</fertilityMin>
       <visualSizeRange>
        <min>0.7</min>
        <max>1.1</max>
      </visualSizeRange>
      <growthPer20kTicks>0.45</growthPer20kTicks>
      <topWindExposure>0.3</topWindExposure>
      <lifeSpan>800000</lifeSpan>
      <fertilityFactorGrowthRate>0.5</fertilityFactorGrowthRate>
     <sowableGround>true</sowableGround>
      <sowableHydroponic>true</sowableHydroponic>
    </plant>
  </ThingDef>

Xerberus86

hey i am new to rimworld and started right off the bat with your mod (started shortly without your mod but i didn't really like it to have all options available at the start and nothing really to work towards).

my problem is that the campfire with the grill + woodstorage isn't working or just sometimes, does it have to be outside without roof or with roof (against rain maybe)?

another thing are these oil tanks which won't work, same with gas generator...the whole oil thingy doesn't seem to work sadly. i placed an oil tank directly besides a lamp / oil generator, both with the little cort facing towards the lamp / generator and towards an empty space (didn't know if facing matters, same with hopper...does hopper facing matter?). i haven't gotten this campfire and the oil resource-system to work properly.

another thing that pretty much kills me off is that my colonists having constant mental breakdowns because they ate raw food, cannibalism (ok thats my fault, didn't know they were THAT picky with their meat), ugly environment (after color-flooring the indoor-areas and planting some pots and lamps in every room), eating from the floor (there is a huge wooden table and 8 chairs for 4-5 colonists) and starving (but having enough potatoes and berries but they don't seem to prioritize nurishement over work).

my problems might be partially not really related to the mod but regarding the context and to help me survive in this great mod (which adds great content to the game and enhances it so much i don't wanna disable it).

fyi: huge kudos to the TTM modmaker and all the other mod-makers which mods are included in this one, its kinda great :).

Verticalphase

When I first start a new colony, all I have under structures is a rubble wall, and a scrap metal wall, I know this is supposed to be the beginning technologies for your colony, but shouldn't there be a door? Is there supposed to be a door on the structure tab or did I do something wrong?  :-\

Xerberus86

Quote from: Verticalphase on September 01, 2014, 08:08:52 PM
When I first start a new colony, all I have under structures is a rubble wall, and a scrap metal wall, I know this is supposed to be the beginning technologies for your colony, but shouldn't there be a door? Is there supposed to be a door on the structure tab or did I do something wrong?  :-\

use the CRT (re-construct it at your base location) to research rimworld for dummies which gives you  the first basic structures, a wooden door is one of them.

MrBlazzar

So I have been trying to get my Comms Console working but none of my colonists can actually use it. The only mod I am using is one I made and it nothing to the comms console or anything to do with buildings.

I then opened the Debug mean and it gives me this error when I click on the comms console to use it:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I am using the newest version of the mod.