[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xerberus86

Quote from: MelanisticAlbino on September 09, 2014, 07:52:05 AM
Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 09, 2014, 07:07:23 AM
Quote from: minami26 on September 09, 2014, 06:59:28 AM
Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 09, 2014, 06:38:02 AM
@minami: maybe you overread it but can you take a quick look at the abomination event, sadly i haven't the save anymore but in my last colony i had this event three times but never came an abomination (three people drop from the sky, one dies and should turn into abomination it seems). or am i missing something?

yes ive read it, will check it later!

Quote from: MelanisticAlbino on September 09, 2014, 06:48:11 AM
Any chance you'll include a nuclear reactor in this mod? :) That's really what's keeping me from going from superior crafting to this.

ill think about it :), ill have to get a super awesome texture for it! :D
if this version of TTM couldn't entice you, maybe the next version will, its dubbed as the Food/Power Update with more new food, and new power generation buildings with some unique ones you haven't seen before! also wind turbines, can't live without them :D haha

I'm looking forward to it!

Have anyone gotten this mod to work perfectly with realistic weapons? That's really my biggest concern  ;D

I'm going to try it later today! :)

just download the "Realistic Weapons for Project Armory" version and put those files into the thingdefs folder of the TTM mod and you're good to go. realistic weapons works without problems with TTM, i tried it and personally i am waiting for the next realistic weapons version with reduced firing ranges as the current ones are for my taste a bit too high, otherwise the mod is indeed great in terms of how different and valuable the weapons become.

Goo Poni

Ah, see, I tried it and just downloaded it and enabled it in the mods and was ever so slightly unsettled by the prospect that the 100-man raider forces were sniping literally across the map and only when they were using M24s. I disabled it almost immediately and haven't looked back. I might start another colony and try using it from the outset to get used to it.

MelanisticAlbino

Wait until the next version. It will lower ranges of all weapons while still increasing ranges from vanilla. It will overhaul and make each weapon type have a unique purpose, sniper are good for long ranges, assault rifles for medium, shotguns and SMGs will have the edge in close quarter combat.

OnT: Will try my first playthrough using this instead of superior crafting. I'm very excited! :) In my experience with big overhauls, it usually takes a couple of colonies to get the hang of the mod.

Reaper

would you mind adding cloth bed and carpets to the mod? and make agave growable? And for the sake of mod compatibility let hopper take shells?

Goo Poni

Quote from: Reaper on September 14, 2014, 08:01:51 PM
would you mind adding cloth bed and carpets to the mod? and make agave growable? And for the sake of mod compatibility let hopper take shells?

Quote from: minami26 on September 01, 2014, 02:30:04 AM
Hello you can try this:

Go to your Rimworld Folder => Mods => TTM => Defs => ThingDefs :
Look for TTM_Plants_Cultivated and open it on NotePad or any TextEditor.
Go to the bottom and copy & paste this code before the end </Plants> code, then save! it should now be growable on growing zones and hydroponics basin.

<!--===========================  Growable Agave  ==============================-->

<ThingDef ParentName="PlantBase">
    <defName>PlantAgave</defName>
    <label>Agave</label>
    <maxHealth>120</maxHealth>
    <description>Large-leafed desert plant with edible flowers and stalks.</description>
    <beauty>Neutral</beauty>
    <textureFolderPath>Things/Plant/Agave</textureFolderPath>
    <selectable>true</selectable>
    <sunShadowInfo>
      <baseWidth>0.2</baseWidth>
      <baseHeight>0.2</baseHeight>
      <tallness>0.6</tallness>
    </sunShadowInfo>
    <fillPercent>0.25</fillPercent>
    <pathCost>30</pathCost>
    <food>
      <quality>Plant</quality>
      <nutrition>40</nutrition>
    </food>
    <plant>
      <harvestTag>Food</harvestTag>
      <harvestDestroys>true</harvestDestroys>
      <harvestedThingDef>RawAgave</harvestedThingDef>
      <harvestYieldRange>
        <min>2</min>
        <max>6</max>
      </harvestYieldRange>
      <fertilityMin>0.3</fertilityMin>
       <visualSizeRange>
        <min>0.7</min>
        <max>1.1</max>
      </visualSizeRange>
      <growthPer20kTicks>0.45</growthPer20kTicks>
      <topWindExposure>0.3</topWindExposure>
      <lifeSpan>800000</lifeSpan>
      <fertilityFactorGrowthRate>0.5</fertilityFactorGrowthRate>
     <sowableGround>true</sowableGround>
      <sowableHydroponic>true</sowableHydroponic>
    </plant>
  </ThingDef>

Agave.

Carpets can be used already, my colony has blue, green and red carpets all over the place. Go into the TTM mod files then Defs then ThingDefs, open the TTM_Buildings_(Workplaces)Production file in Notepad++ preferably and search for hopper. Now copy paste some of the code that allows missiles to be placed inside it and replace missiles with shells.
Cloth beds, do you mean a mod or just the regular beds? Cos the regular beds can be obtained with some research pretty early on and later on, better beds can be obtained as well.

Reaper

I ment the mod cloth beds, and cloth carpets added by the same fella who made cloth beds ya know Telkir?

He has a very nice and selection of flooring and the beds can be different colours. Plus i am sick of having two types of cotton and cotton in TTM currently feels under used. More carpets and a requirement in beds would help.

ThatOtherGuy

Thanks for the growable agaves! I was rather shocked to find that my plan of building a statue garden DF-style was impossible because of the wrong biome.

shadowstreaker

My colony has been decimated down to a single colonist twice now thanks to the solar flare radiation event, most the time only 1 or 2 actually die and almost all the others have a leg magically explode, is there any way to prevent this?

Goo Poni

Solar flare radiation event? Is that different from a typical flare? Presumably it is because solar flares don't cause exploding legs. Less reliance on electrical equipment/keeping colonists away from electrical equipment when it's not necessary would be safeguards against it, in that case.

shadowstreaker

Yeah it's different from a typical flare, I assume it was added by the extra events part of the mod. Maybe Minami could add further information with the event? Since it doesn't make any hints towards electrical equipment, if avoiding that would help, it just says something along the lines of: Younger colonists are barely affected but older ones are more vulnerable
And then you find alot of the colony with an exploded left leg or dead. Thanks for the idea to help prevent it, I'll try to avoid electrical equipment in my next playthrough, see if that helps, the last colony finally died when the last guy got attacked by a pirate siege.

minami26

About the Solar Flare sub event[ Cosmic Radiation Event ]:

whoa, sorry bout this event it has a high chance to occur when a solar flare event is happening, I guess I should lower the chance of it happening.
Pardon the exploding body parts. Will do a nerf on this event, It should only go down to migraines and stuff.
- I'll tweak it next version so that it will only make old people go to sleep.

-----------------------------------------
Anyhooo, Hi guys v2.9 is almost done! the update will be addressing most of the missing parts of TTM and will include nice new stuff.

Here's a sneak peak! *Textures are tentative and subject to change.

shadowstreaker

Thank you, it's a great mod other than how devastating that event is.
New version looks cool, can't wait to see it!

Goo Poni

Judging by all the power lines, I guess those are a couple different types of reactor, a missile turret of some sort and electrified net traps, although punji stick traps instakill raiders. The things that look like someone tore the blades from a large blender, gonna guess it's also a spinning blade trap. I wonder what the range on that missile turret will be. Enough to make it risky for those numerous raiders that drop in with anti-tank rifles?

Outlandish idea here; You know how the Drill works when you place a drill bit on it and it replaces the Drill with a working drill? Would be it be possible to build a turret base and then place a certain type of weapon it to mount that weapon there? General benefits of mounting a weapon would be increased range, quicker aiming and reloading and improved accuracy. I would make the base 2x2 for the sake of bulkiness to discourage players from building masses of these generic turret bases and mounting all the weapons from raids into them. Put a pistol in it, get a rapid firing, low damage turret. Put a rifle in it, get a marksman turret that can match up to the longest sniper ranges (a good use for those Lee Enfields and M14s). Put an "MG" into it and get a souped up version of regular improvised turrets. A shotgun, high damage with range similar to that of the pistol turret. Sniper rifles, get a sniping turret that outranges any hand held firearm but fires slower than the 50cal sniper rifles with extreme accuracy. Mount a bow, get a ballista, that's quite the upgrade. Heavy MGs provide automated versions of the Browning/Minigun turrets that otherwise must be manned. Particular weapons such as Charge Lances, Inferno Cannons, RPGs or grenade launchers should get unique turrets that enhance traits of those weapons. Maybe a mounted Inferno Cannon gets larger fiery AoE. RPGs might actually have some range to them. Charge Lances become death incarnate, assuming you're at the right range. This rashly thought up idea could probably do with it's own thread or being posted in the Project Armoury thread.

minami26

Quote from: Goo Poni on September 16, 2014, 10:29:04 AM
Judging by all the power lines, I guess those are a couple different types of reactor, a missile turret of some sort and electrified net traps, although punji stick traps instakill raiders. The things that look like someone tore the blades from a large blender, gonna guess it's also a spinning blade trap. I wonder what the range on that missile turret will be. Enough to make it risky for those numerous raiders that drop in with anti-tank rifles?

Outlandish idea here; mount that weapon

Eeeeeeeeeenk, you got it wrong! :D hahaha
it's a power update ya know. soo all of them has something to do with power! cept for that missile thingy.
don't worry about the textures for now, they will all be much better on release. I already have a partner to do all the textures which will be featured in v2.9 lets welcome him on release alright! :)

I have actually made your outlandish idea,
it called the "Gun Stand" mod. any kind of weapon can be put in the gun stand and it will transform into that kind of turret weapon. :D But it didn't attract that much attention so I scratched it and didn't update it anymore.

Also haplo has already made it.
- Its called the "Turret: Weapon Base Mod"
Turret: Weapon Base
   A new weapon base, where you can install the weapon of your choice
   The weapon base in automatic mode and an upgrade to reduce the reload time can be researched
It's here in his Miscellaneous w MAI mods thread.

audixas

Hey there! Really cool mod, I am enjoying it a lot. But there is one thing that destroys this mod for me: the need to rely on traders. It's already like a month and my pawns are still eating raw food (or the grilled stuff that they make once in a week), they cannot research, because the only research table must be used for comms console and the cluttery stuff is out question. 1100 silver for the fabricator? There isn't enough silver on the whole map! I don't feel any encouragement to play until this is fixed.