[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minami26

Quote from: Karnej on September 23, 2014, 02:19:15 AM
I just encountered the Killing Darkness event and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I was able to safely get to light but the event lasted so long that all my workers just went crazy or starved to death. It was a good 7 or 8 mins before the last guy died. I could always try making a safe room with ample food and stuff but around a heat vent but I feel like that's overkill.

If you have successfully enclosed your base, you only need to put a light in your base entrance so that they may not enter your base.

Karnej

Quote from: minami26 on September 23, 2014, 02:37:34 AM
Quote from: Karnej on September 23, 2014, 02:19:15 AM
I just encountered the Killing Darkness event and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I was able to safely get to light but the event lasted so long that all my workers just went crazy or starved to death. It was a good 7 or 8 mins before the last guy died. I could always try making a safe room with ample food and stuff but around a heat vent but I feel like that's overkill.

If you have successfully enclosed your base, you only need to put a light in your base entrance so that they may not enter your base.

That makes sense. I figured they spawned in the darkness, not invaded like raiders. I gave up on that colony anyways because they had a gender specific mindspike right before so they were unstable to say the least. I'm going to give v2.9 a download right now and start over. Thanks for the awesome overhaul.

Xentor

Hello, rela a cool Mod.
But how the heck... do I get Cloth?
(And if I need a plant or sth else, where do I get these?)
I guess this Mod could need a little basic FAQ (Only real for the basic things)

But ignoring this, real nice done.

shadowstreaker

Cloth comes from cotton plants, which are unlocked via a research and grown in a growing zone

Xentor

Thanks

Hmm another thing. The Weaponsrack needs urgendly a button for "all".
there are so many weapons with this Mod, that it is real a pain in the ass to set eatch rack manual

esk81

omg read the latest changelog... i love this mod as much as i love rimworld! can`t play without it!
great work!!!!

Xerberus86

Xentor

Bugreport:
Hmm it seems there is a problem with the MAI constructionmashine.
The Colonists do fill it with silver, but never with metall.
I had to edit the savegame to fill it (I obsrved them over 2 hours with over 2000 metall in Store)

Haplo

Do you have a storage for metal that is set to critical? This normally only happens when there is a storage with the same or higher preference setting than what is used for the loading mechanism. (with is normally set to critical via xml)

Xentor

Hm, no I`ve only one normal storearea (due seperated stores and waste areas make the game nearly unplayable (gamespeed failture))

Haplo

If you can provide the savegame + world file, I can take a look and find out, what the problem is..

You can find them if you go into the options and click there the button open savegame folder.
Zip both files and upload them somewhere like Mediafire and provide the download path.

Viperlol

Thank you based Minami for this amazing mod,  you deserve a medal!
When in doubt, rely on everyone else to fix up your .xml

Xentor

Yea sure I have it i you want it, no problem. We must only see how I can send it to you.

discogeek

Great mod... gave me a nice challenge above and beyond the base game.  Two things I noticed:

1.  Pirates came to my base early on and attacked my CRT, destroying it.  At that point, game is pretty much over, I have no way to get a CRT now.

2.  Grilled food seems to be OP.  If I have a storage area that accepts grilled food, it'll get filled up almost immediately with stacks of 3.  No prep time to make extra food, as long as there's mats in the griller and available wood.

This mod is great, makes the game pretty brutal and much closer to what I'd imagine being stranded on an alien planet would be.  Might look for a mod that eliminates all the other tribes on the planet as well, that'd make it even more isolated.  Trade ships... well, kind of fit in the story I guess if you're able to explain why they don't just ship everyone off world instead of pelt the colony with goods.

discogeek

Another thing I noticed... and not sure if it's the mod or the AI.  My haulers are constantly bringing one piece of wood to the wood pile for the grill.  However long it takes to burn one log, that's as often as they're doing it.