[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

obuw

First of all, thank you very much for this fantastic mod! I've been addicted to it for over a week now. :(

I just wanted to give some feedback;

1- The game was giving a missing texture error for ShieldShowOn / ShieldShowOff every time I play, so I decided to just make one myself. Then I went ahead and replaced a few other icons that were bugging me with some icons from other games / google images. :P Attached is a screenshot of the images. I'd happily put some actual time into making some better icons for TTM if you'd like?

2- The AnimalGenocide event makes all your MAI's blow up, which I'm pretty sure is not intentional? Either way I had to disable the event. :(

3- Also disabled the RageVirus event as I have no idea what to do about it, and it really wrecks your game when you have 50+ colonists.

4- Static Dischargers, once upgraded, seem to trivialize the energy game. I try not to rely on them too much, it feels like cheating. Perhaps they could be replaced by something a little more interesting, like a biofuel generator that provides a similar low amount of power but consumes vegetables (or perhaps a separate biofuel crop?). The consumption could be greatly reduced by biofuel efficiency research.

Oh, also, Wind Compressors, once built, can be covered with a roof and they still provide full power. Probably a bug. :-)

And Experimental Plasma Generators - how do they work? I built one for testing, it kept switching between charging and giving off ~400W energy, which seemed allright, but then I built about a dozen, and they just got stuck at charging, and never gave off any energy. I guess I'm missing something?

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

keeper_247

can't get missile launcher to work every time i click fire it says not enough missiles on hopper to launch, although i have 2 auto loaders with 11 missiles each on them? can someone explain how to fix this.

RoxTaze

Yeah... me too. I check the hopper code in mod files but everything is normal there.
However hoppers still don't get missiles and auto-loaders won't change situation.
Trust me - i'm an Engineer!

TheXIIILightning

I keep getting a bug related with the Abominations. If there is a corpse of one spawned, it'll explode on an endless loop. Also, each time that I reload the game the 3 crash pods will come crashing down, forcing me to kill the colonists if I don't want to deal with another game breaking bug. :/

This is on v3.1.5 btw. ^^

minami26

@thefinn im still updating PA its gonna take time, im currently busy processing my graduation papers irl, im hoping i could finish it this weekend. :-)

@Oragepoilu it still grows too big huh,, i hope it doesnt annoy you too much,, thx for the bug report!

@obuw thanks for the awesome feedback! And im glad you are enjoying the mod! :-)
1.i guess i forgot to add the textures for them shields, your buttons are nice you should send them over to jaxxa in his enhanced defence mod the shields are his work! :-)
2.whoaaah, i ddnt realize the event would also blow up mais!! Totally gonna fix that.
3.yeah the rage virus is devastating, you should disable it if you dont want it.
4. Ill have to tone down the static discharger then and remove one research.
5. I didnt think you could just cover it under a roof after building haha will put a condition to check if it is under a roof.
6. I really dont know how the plasma generator works, you could ask mrofa on the clutter thread its his work :-)

@keeper_247 and RoxTaze as long as you put a hopper with missiles beside the missile launcher it should work, the autoloader from enhanced defence wont work with the missile launcher. You should set the hopper priority to critical if your colonists wont put missiles on them. What other mods are you guys using? Do your hoppers have the missiles listed on the haulable list? Maybe anothr mod u guys are using has changed the hopper codes..

@TheXIIILightning did you update your custom events patch to v0.2?

TheXIIILightning

Quote from: minami26 on October 22, 2014, 10:46:14 PM
@TheXIIILightning did you update your custom events patch to v0.2?

Hmm, can't say for sure. I think I only updated the MAIN one, as I downloaded the patch as soon as it got online. Maybe I missed the other ones.
I'll patch it in and let you know if it happens again once I restart a new colony. Thanks for the quick reply!

RoxTaze

I think i found it - i think Immersive Rim mod makes this Error by overwriting the Hopper Settings with Paste dispenser, not so serious. (just some indian coding tricks and it should start work properly.)

minami26

Hello guys added an update to Custom Events please update to v0.3, it fixes the Animal Genocide event killing MAIs and tweaks the Tuskbeast stats and Void damage.
also update on Shields v0.2 it adds the missing ShieldsShowON/OFF Textures.

Quote from: RoxTaze on October 23, 2014, 06:40:42 AM
I think i found it - i think Immersive Rim mod makes this Error by overwriting the Hopper Settings with Paste dispenser, not so serious. (just some indian coding tricks and it should start work properly.)

hmm,, immersive rim changes the same things TTM does , I hope you try to remedy them by adding the missing parts :) totally not compatible with ttm.

obuw

Quote from: minami26 on October 22, 2014, 10:46:14 PM
@obuw thanks for the awesome feedback! And im glad you are enjoying the mod! :-)
1.i guess i forgot to add the textures for them shields, your buttons are nice you should send them over to jaxxa in his enhanced defence mod the shields are his work! :-)
2.whoaaah, i ddnt realize the event would also blow up mais!! Totally gonna fix that.
3.yeah the rage virus is devastating, you should disable it if you dont want it.
4. Ill have to tone down the static discharger then and remove one research.
5. I didnt think you could just cover it under a roof after building haha will put a condition to check if it is under a roof.
6. I really dont know how the plasma generator works, you could ask mrofa on the clutter thread its his work :-)

1. Just checked the latest version of Jaxxa's mod, and he does have textures for the ShieldShowOn / ShieldShowOff buttons. So I guess they got lost on transit in your version. =)

3. Regarding the rage virus, does it actually end on its own? Or do you have to beat up, capture and re-convert all your infected colonists?

4. Well the problem I see with the static discharger is that they have no conditions to be fulfilled, so you can just spam hundreds of them in a cave indoors. The wind compressors are similarly powerful, but at least they have to be outside, need space around them, and produce low power during fog. Maybe static dischargers could provide great power but only work during thunderstorms? :P

minami26

@obuw
4. YES this is a good idea! thanks for suggesting that! will do for the next version! awesome.

RoxTaze

I have one idea about Paste dispencer - Spawn it with portable research terminal (probably near it, may be damaged.) with hopper and make it dismantable? this also lead to some sort of compatiblity patch.

diegopesente

The only thing I miss is the sponge dispenser from clutters, how about add it whit power consumption and requires a program module from mecanoids to build? (the sentinels are way powerful for a mid auto-turret between improvised and t500 hehehe)
Ps.: Idk if was the mods that I got running, but was missing the icon for sofa and net bed, I've manually put they back from ur previous version :p
Thanks for the really awesome mod Minami26 :D

keeper_247

i got it to work by using the conveyor belts. im using immersive rim and it makes hoppers only able to store food, so i deselected all food in the hopper storage and blocked all missiles from being blacked in stockpiles. waited for the worker to put the missile on the loader and waited for it it to reach the unloader connected to hopper that was next to missile launcher and then deleted the loader now hooper has missiles and everything working great...not to bad of a work around.