Solar flare needs to change

Started by DDRMANIAC007, May 08, 2014, 01:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDRMANIAC007

It really does. Rather than insta disable everything perhaps have a random percentage of things be affected by it.

Celthric Aysen

the solar flare is not the the problem,
The problem is that there isn't enough random incidents for the story teller to execute.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Coenmcj

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 08, 2014, 01:26:42 AM
the solar flare is not the the problem,
The problem is that there isn't enough random incidents for the story teller to execute.
That pretty much sums it up.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Snownova

Or he could add a special type of wall or research project that insulates whatever is inside those walls from the flare's harmful effects. (sorry if this should go under suggestions)

Celthric Aysen

There's a solution called don't use turrets and use manpower instead.

Architect

The current development stage of BP+ is currently adding at least 6 new incidents, on top of the 2 which it already includes. That might help your issue?
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Col_Jessep

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 08, 2014, 03:46:08 AM
I wholeheartedly agree.
It still is obnoxious if your stoves don't have any power and your guys get a mental break because they have to live off strawberries for a day. Sometimes I think I'm managing a 5 star beach resort and not a colony of hardy survivors.

"Oh noes, only strawberries and no ice cream to go with them either!"
"My room is too small!"
"I have to share my bedroom with a person I trust with my life every couple of days!"
"The carpet is dirty! Where's the maid?"

xD

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

Neone

Quote from: Col_Jessep on May 08, 2014, 06:37:54 AM
I wholeheartedly agree.
It still is obnoxious if your stoves don't have any power and your guys get a mental break because they have to live off strawberries for a day. Sometimes I think I'm managing a 5 star beach resort and not a colony of hardy survivors.

"My room is too small!"
"I have to share my bedroom with a person I trust with my life every couple of days!"

xD

Keep a little surplus of meals, build bigger rooms, assign only one colonist to a room and make a maid (colonist with highest priority with cleaning).

Never had a mental break because of solar flare or eclipse.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Neone on May 08, 2014, 06:43:11 AM
I wholeheartedly agree.

"My room is too small!"

xD

Keep a little surplus of meals, build bigger rooms, assign only one colonist to a room and make a maid (colonist with highest priority with cleaning).

+1 i really wish there was a like button

Neone

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 08, 2014, 07:24:44 AM
I wholeheartedly agree.

"My room is too small!"

xD

SMF have such a functionality. I dunno why Tynan switched it off...

Bodog999

When I have a solar flare I normally panic cuz my base is almost always protected with sniper- engergy- heavy and railgun turrets luckly I also have about 10-15 people with uzi's M-16's engergy rifles M-24's and sniper rifle turrets oh and 1 guy with a minigun. But randy it not being so hard to me he gives me 5 wander joiners in 10 days time all with their own weapons.

Geeves

Quote from: Neone on May 08, 2014, 07:27:16 AM
Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 08, 2014, 07:24:44 AM

It was to facebooky. No one likes things to be facebooky.

On topic:
I have got 0 issues with power outages either due to solar flares or eclipses. Though some flavour would be nice
I wholeheartedly agree.

"My room is too small!"

xD

SMF have such a functionality. I dunno why Tynan switched it off...
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

Celthric Aysen

Likes can be used to show that you agree, or hes right, well in forum standards anyway....

Neone

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 08, 2014, 08:10:24 AM
Likes can be used to show that you agree, or hes right, well in forum standards anyway....

In SMF likes are more like user reputation. You don't like a post or topic, but you like a user (or dislike). And you can gives multiple likes to a single user, each time when you think he deserves. But as I recall, only once a day.

Celthric Aysen