[Mod Request] Reprogramming Mechanoids

Started by GemInEye, August 14, 2017, 04:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GemInEye

I had the idea of a mod that would add a new option on the context menu of a downed mechanoid that would allow a pawn to reprogram it to join the colony. I figured it'd work similar to surgery in the sense that it's a random chance whether you fail or not, and that chance is affected by the intellectual skill of the pawn trying to reprogram it. If you failed, the mechanoid would shut down. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to make this idea a reality, but I have no experience with modding, aside from music replacers.

The-Eroks

This would be an interesting concept.

Along those same lines, repairing and enhancing the mech further.

Techgenius

More Mechanoids allowed such mod. But its quite outdated.

Lennbolt7

Well if you get desperate like I did, you can always edit your save file to add existing mechanoids to the player faction. You won't be able to control them in any way and they will refuse to use doors, but they will be a part of your colony.

Edit: they can use doors now apparently. If you use this method watch for them wandering off.

Lennbolt7

Quote from: Lennbolt7 on August 20, 2017, 03:55:33 PM
Well if you get desperate like I did, you can always edit your save file to add existing mechanoids to the player faction. You won't be able to control them in any way and they will refuse to use doors, but they will be a part of your colony.

Edit: they can use doors now apparently. If you use this method watch for them wandering off.

Edit: Do NOT use this method. My save game is corrupted and this may have caused it. I can't be sure as this worked just fine in A16. Try it at your own risk.