questions regarding weapon stats

Started by LiteEmUp, August 15, 2017, 04:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiteEmUp

Since the wiki doesn't have a quick definition on some stats, I have to read between the lines..

So
cooldown = how long it takes to shoot again after last shot; similar to skill cooldown? so lower number is better??
warmup = how long for your pawn to aim and shoot, once the cooldown is reset? so lower number is better??
burst amount = so its kinda like the ammo count, the amount of times a pawn will shoot before weapon goes into cooldown?? RPM dependent?? so higher number is better?
burst ticks = rpm of weapon affects this? so higher number is better??

burst amount and burst ticks are kinda confusing to define...

ex: steyr aug has a 0.75 cooldown, 1.9warmup, burst amount of 5, and burst tick of 7.. how does this rifle perform on battle?? pawn takes nearly 2sec to aim, and 0.75 to be able to shoot again..

Toast

Quote from: LiteEmUp on August 15, 2017, 04:43:54 PM
cooldown = how long it takes to shoot again after last shot; similar to skill cooldown? so lower number is better??
warmup = how long for your pawn to aim and shoot, once the cooldown is reset? so lower number is better??

Watch a pawn aim and shoot a gun (better yet, watch a large and slow-firing enemy like a centipede do it). When they are aiming, there is a little translucent cone pointing out of the gun barrel that gets skinnier as time passes. I am pretty sure that's the "warmup." Now they shoot the gun, and then a little translucent circle appears over the weapon and gets smaller until it vanishes and the pawn begins to aim again. The time it takes for the circle to vanish is almost certainly the "cooldown."

I don't have citations, it's just what makes sense to me from observing them. So: yes, shorter times are better.

LiteEmUp

thnx for the info regarding cooldown and warmup....

what about burst amount and burst ticks.. i'm still confused about what they do and how they affect weapons... can anyone explain pls...

skullywag

Burst amount is simply how many projectiles are fired per burst and burst ticks is time between each of those projectiles in that burst. Small burst ticks means very rapid fire, large burst ticks means longer between projectiles leaving the barrel. Cool down and warm up occur either side of each burst.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

LiteEmUp

Quote from: skullywag on August 16, 2017, 03:08:06 AM
Burst amount is simply how many projectiles are fired per burst and burst ticks is time between each of those projectiles in that burst. Small burst ticks means very rapid fire, large burst ticks means longer between projectiles leaving the barrel. Cool down and warm up occur either side of each burst.

thnx for the reply..

so basicaly high numbers for burst amount is good, and low numbers for burst tick is good... and rpm is a factor for burst tick??

if it is so to my questions above, well i guess it makes sense now...

skullywag

Minigun will have have high burst count (lots of projectiles) but low burst tick (hardly any gap between each projectile).
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?