[A17] The DOOM Kit - 13/09/2017 Compatability fixes for DOOM factions

Started by Chicken Plucker, August 25, 2017, 02:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the best Space Marine faction name?

Doom Fighters
1 (5.3%)
Doom Slayers
4 (21.1%)
Hell Walkers
8 (42.1%)
Doom Marines
5 (26.3%)
Doom Warriors
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Chicken Plucker

Download

Adds the Praetor Suit and classic DOOM weapons in the game.

The DOOM weapons came from a mod by D_UNIT01 from A15 that never got patched for future versions, until now.

Last update:
(Fixes for colorgenerator code in armors)

Previews:
Weapons test video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HfdwUmz9Bo

2OP4me

Features:
- The Praetor Suit from DOOM 2016
- DOOM I and DOOM II weapons by D_UNIT01
- Official DOOM weapon sound effects, custom BFG explosion by D_UNIT01
- You get to dress up as Doomguy but just the 2016 version and not classic Doomguy, rop
- SPESS MEHREENS but from Doom and not Warhammer, rip

Does not include:
- I'm too young to die
- Hurt me plenty
- Ultra-Violence
- + DOOM PRO
- ++ Nightmare   

Download

Features:
- The Praetor Suit from DOOM 2016
- Yeah that's it. Just the suit because Combat Extended coding is a pain to make guns for. Rip.
- Compatible for both CE and non CE users, outfit only
- Might as well call it "Praetor Suit mod" but I don't wanna
- Alright, that's enough feature writing

Previews:

Credits to:
Jesus Christ - died for our sins
D_UNIT01 - DOOM Weapons mod from A15
Shinzy - Organization
Skullywag - Power Armor art base
Rhopunzel - Power Armor art base
id Software - DOOM Developers
Space Dorf - Dorfing around
freshGunner - For being fresh

Original DOOM weapons mod (A15):
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=797606521&searchtext=doom

Steam Link for Original Version: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1119466127
Steam Link Outfit only/CE Version: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1119498146   

Chicken Plucker

Just did a hot patch of the helmet having super low work to make, also added modsync ninja compatibility just now, sorry if anybody just downloaded

Sam Gray

The description for BFG is wrong, you've mistakenly put the rocket launcher's description for it instead.

SpaceDorf

That was one hot game back in '93.
I remember the hours I spent on ye olde 386 killing imps and zombies.

Holy Shit do I feel old now.

Only thing that is missing now is my favorite Melee Weapon.
And love Senor Vorpal KickAsso's Knife

As background music I suggest this :
Hell to pay
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: CyanSam on August 25, 2017, 05:10:17 AM
The description for BFG is wrong, you've mistakenly put the rocket launcher's description for it instead.

I'm glad it's not a serious problem when I checked, had a mini heart attack thinking I'll have to open the computer again and not sleep for another hour.

I'd blame D_Unit for the descriptions but it's all on me cause I did not edit any of the gun descriptions since his A14 mod. I will edit them later, thanks for letting me know.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 25, 2017, 05:14:42 AM
That was one hot game back in '93.
I remember the hours I spent on ye olde 386 killing imps and zombies.

Holy Shit do I feel old now.

Only thing that is missing now is my favorite Melee Weapon.
And love Senor Vorpal KickAsso's Knife

As background music I suggest this :
Hell to pay

Okay Dorfy, I will add that weapon when I wake up.

What meeee weapon is your favourite? I am a bit confused since all the sleep depravation is getting to my brain

SpaceDorf

THE Doom Melee Weapon ?

Sleep well my friends, and have nice dreams about gutting your enemies.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 25, 2017, 05:23:44 AM
THE Doom Melee Weapon ?

Sleep well my friends, and have nice dreams about gutting your enemies.

Oh yes, I was thinking about the boot and the fists and forgot about the chainsaw, ups, I will sort out the descriptions too and see to having a custom meeee sound for the chainsaw. Take care Dorfy!

Crow_T

This is so cool, +1 for the chainsaw- who needs prisoners with limbs anyways? I imagine you'd need chemfuel as one of the ingredients to craft one.  ;D
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Crow_T on August 25, 2017, 05:42:38 PM
This is so cool, +1 for the chainsaw- who needs prisoners with limbs anyways? I imagine you'd need chemfuel as one of the ingredients to craft one.  ;D

Updated, just added the chainsaw, it's pretty stronk. I made the requirements only 1 component with some metallic ingredients, I didn't include chemfuel since I hate chemfuel, sry men.

Just a general note to people who use my other mods, the DOOM kit has made me realize how super unbalanced my other stuff is, I will update everything soon since nothing Spacer has a good excuse to be OP, also gonna be renaming everything to fit vanilla naming

RetPaladinlol

This mod looks great, you've outdone yourself Chicken. I love me some Doom 2016, that game was such a blast to play!

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: RetPaladinlol on August 26, 2017, 03:23:19 AM
This mod looks great, you've outdone yourself Chicken. I love me some Doom 2016, that game was such a blast to play!

You are too kind, I have D_Unit to thank for his Doom weapon mod that gave this mod life

Question to anybody reading, does it make sense to add DOOM 2016 weapons even though they're the same as the classic? They just have different sounds and models

Sam Gray

Question to anybody reading, does it make sense to add DOOM 2016 weapons even though they're the same as the classic? They just have different sounds and models

I would really appreciate if you added DOOM 2016 weapons instead of classic ones, I know they are classic and all that but you know... it doesn't make sense to me having praetor suit with "classic" DOOM weapons.

edit: also DOOM 2016 weapons look cooler in my humble opinion.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: CyanSam on August 26, 2017, 03:22:15 PM

I would really appreciate if you added DOOM 2016 weapons instead of classic ones, I know they are classic and all that but you know... it doesn't make sense to me having praetor suit with "classic" DOOM weapons.

edit: also DOOM 2016 weapons look cooler in my humble opinion.

I figured since Doom was a 2D game and the classic Doom armor looks like an impractical bright green looking T-Shirt, the Praetor suit was the best way to go. I will keep the classic weapons BUT..

I am working on UAC armors and stuff, this can have the Doom 2016 weapons, not sure if it will be added into Doom Kit or not. Maybe just leave it on their own faction mod

Edit: Not sure about adding all Doom 2016 weapons, they will be duplicates for classic Doom stuff

Chicken Plucker

I made a sneek peek of progress with UAC equipment, I need opinions on whether I do a separate "UAC" Kit or put all of this stuff together in the DOOM kit and hope nobody complains that I tainted their beloved classic stuff with icky icky Doom 2016 stuff (lol praetor suit, rip)

This is not all I have done, there are more weapons I might cut such as the lightning gun

Sam Gray

Quote from: ChickenForcer on August 27, 2017, 04:30:49 AM

I made a sneek peek of progress with UAC equipment, I need opinions on whether I do a separate "UAC" Kit or put all of this stuff together in the DOOM kit and hope nobody complains that I tainted their beloved classic stuff with icky icky Doom 2016 stuff (lol praetor suit, rip)

This is not all I have done, there are more weapons I might cut such as the lightning gun

Since you are going to keep the classic weapons, I guess keeping these two mods separated is a better idea. But as i said earlier IF you merge the mods you can eliminate the problem of unnecessary duplicate weapons but just keeping the newer ones (just my opinion in the end)