[A17] The DOOM Kit - 13/09/2017 Compatability fixes for DOOM factions

Started by Chicken Plucker, August 25, 2017, 02:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the best Space Marine faction name?

Doom Fighters
1 (5.3%)
Doom Slayers
4 (21.1%)
Hell Walkers
8 (42.1%)
Doom Marines
5 (26.3%)
Doom Warriors
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

SpaceDorf

I am sorry, but I can't vote in your poll, because I like none of the offered options.

I would include something military in the name.
US Marines are divided into

Batallion, Regiment and Division (smaller->bigger)

and deployed as Expeditionary Forces called
Unit, Brigade and Force ( smaller->bigger)

also rather than calling the Faction Doom-Something, which is overused and not relatable,
lean on the content of the game rather than the name.

Classic Doom had the following locations :
Mars ( Part1 ), the Moons Daimos and Phobos ( Part 2 & 3 ) and Hell ( Part4 )
then Earth ( Doom II )
Doom III had Mars and Hell as far as I remember,
Doom IV does not run on my machine, so I don't know either.

So good Doom Faction Names would be :

41st Battalion, Daimos Berserkers

3rd Expeditional Brigade, Ferrymen of Phobos

1st Platoon, Rip & Tear

Demonslayers, Imp Eaters, Conquerors of Hell, Gate Keepers ...

or biblical, anti-demonic ( who does the fighting in hell ? )

Avenging Angels, Psalm 23, and so on ..

Who is the BMF of the whole Valley ?
How do Demons scare their Children ?

As weapons go, I would only include the iconic and different to vanilla ones.
I don't think we need another pistol or minigun .. rocket launchers are in vanilla too.

Quote from: ChickenForcer on August 26, 2017, 09:21:35 PM
I figured since Doom was a 2D game and the classic Doom armor looks like an impractical bright green looking T-Shirt

you should be plucked and roasted for this heresy .. there was also a blue t-shirt armor.
And to be honest .. T-Shirt describes every chestplate and Kevlar Vest ever.
I don't think the Doom Marines need a special power armor, the were Badass even without it.

Screw you, ASStartes, we fight Demons in T-Shirts and still win ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Sam Gray

I have played DOOM 2016 and can say that a military-esk name for ( I guess the UAC faction? ) wouldn't be bad but, calling them the UAC would be the better way to go as the name in the poll are sort of nicknames for the doom guy and it's better for consistency.
As for other factions I've seen in WIP section of forum that you have included the symbol of The Night Sentinels as well as the UAC and demons, that would be really cool to have all 3 of them together.

Chicken Plucker

You just brought a game changer Dorf, I was torn for a name since I don't play doom (gasp). Please have mercy and do not pluck me, they look so much like T-Shirts, the fact that it has a hole slit for Abs make it so impractical

Anyway, okay. I will make the marines called UAC Marines with their sub-name being 1st Battalion, Rip and Tear since there will be a lot of them now.

Quote from: CyanSam on August 28, 2017, 07:32:33 AM
I have played DOOM 2016 and can say that a military-esk name for ( I guess the UAC faction? ) wouldn't be bad but, calling them the UAC would be the better way to go as the name in the poll are sort of nicknames for the doom guy and it's better for consistency.
As for other factions I've seen in WIP section of forum that you have included the symbol of The Night Sentinels as well as the UAC and demons, that would be really cool to have all 3 of them together.

I was going to separate the UAC and the Marines, but everything is sorted now thanks for all your feedback, I am working on UAC implants to make UAC people have superhuman sneaky peaky stuff

SpaceDorf

If you take a look at this fine specimen, you see that even the mighty astartes suffer from the t-shirt syndrome.
Below the chestplace and under the pauldrons are weak points.
This is a decission which has to be made, if the wearer of the armor still wants to move :)

further .. you can decide from which game this guy could be :)

The Scout Marine of the Iron Fist Chapter wearing his bright yellow T-Shirt looks eerily similiar to the Space Marines from Doom.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 28, 2017, 06:08:52 PM
If you take a look at this fine specimen, you see that even the mighty astartes suffer from the t-shirt syndrome.
Below the chestplace and under the pauldrons are weak points.
This is a decission which has to be made, if the wearer of the armor still wants to move :)

. . .

The Scout Marine of the Iron Fist Chapter wearing his bright yellow T-Shirt looks eerily similiar to the Space Marines from Doom.

You keep trying to make me feel guilty for calling them T-Shirts dorfy, I know full well how OP the Space Marine gear is from Warhammer even though I don't know the lore because I used to spend too much time reading Comic Vine battle threads

Anyway here is a preview for demon events that a smart C# wizard named Viceroy is working on:

We are collaborating to make a Doom expansion

Techgenius

For a second I thought this was a new Jecrells team mod xD
Demon events can be cool, they will come in short, manageable waves and as the portals widens and assimilates more hosts more powerful and complex demons will teleport/warp? so edgy, much demonic.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Techgenius on August 28, 2017, 07:13:19 PM
For a second I thought this was a new Jecrells team mod xD
Demon events can be cool, they will come in short, manageable waves and as the portals widens and assimilates more hosts more powerful and complex demons will teleport/warp? so edgy, much demonic.
Manageable, I will see cause the demons fire stuff like acid and whatever it is demons fire at the every day pedestrian, much ouch, many ow

Well I can't stop Viceroy because he is very ambitious.. He is confident he will have a feature of demons not only spawning, but if you leave the sigil alone, lost souls will come out and possess colonists with certain traits and addictions. He also wanted sacrifices on the sigils done by the possessed that would form gore piles.

I didn't think or want any of this at first but since he wanted these and offered absolutely amazing help, I'm sure the end product will be good indeed. I just hope what he wants actually comes out and doesn't just turn out to be a concept.

Techgenius

I can hear the voices from the beyond, they tell me to hurt people but I don't want to, I can't resist luciferium is too powerful it controls my body as if I was a vessel to another soul, a evil soul, but what happened to my soul if my conscience is still in place.. did it tear itself apart?

My, thats potentially incredible, such modding... much skill. I hope he delivers, that paired with Jecrells occult religion mod can be interesting, hahaha, we only require now a diablo themed ambient replacer pack.. Huh... maybe I'll create a topic for it, or even create such mod if my capabilities allow it.

kubolek01

Why using BFG stuns user for 10 seconds?! It's a death wish! Yea 100 dmg is good, but then it's useless on Thrumbos except if firing whole salvo from 5+ BFGs.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

SpaceDorf

The Doom Project looks awesome ( sounds awesome too )
and I too hope that you are successful with it.

Quote from: ChickenForcer link=topic=35303.msg362200#msg362200
You keep trying to make me feel guilty for calling them T-Shirts dorfy
/quote]

Nope, just messing with you :)
And if you really think I tried to guilt-trip you, you misread my answer.
What I was trying to say is :
even space marines have weakpoints in their armor
and : look at the scout marine, he looks like the Doom Guy. ( official name )
nothing about how gear is op or not.

Although a Power Armor comparison chart based on the lore-given specs would be very interesting.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: kubolek01 on August 29, 2017, 04:42:02 AM
Why using BFG stuns user for 10 seconds?! It's a death wish! Yea 100 dmg is good, but then it's useless on Thrumbos except if firing whole salvo from 5+ BFGs.

It had to be nerfed somehow, it has unlimited ammo and it just destroys things!

Maybe I'll reduce the cooldown by a few seconds when I get the UAC faction out.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 29, 2017, 05:37:37 AM
Although a Power Armor comparison chart based on the lore-given specs would be very interesting.

I learned from the Comic Vine battle threads that an average space marine from Warhammer with their standard power armor can kill Marvel and DC heroes that aren't strong enough to be around Superman's level. If this was actually applied for Rimworld, they would all be just unkillable

SpaceDorf

Quote from: ChickenForcer link=topic=35303.msg362366#msg362366
If this was actually applied for Rimworld, they would all be just unkillable

The Emperor protects. :)

But I imagined something like this, when I applied comic backstories and comparison to the
creation of a Space Marine.

Chicken Plucker

Updated. I am never using ModSync ninja again, I'm sorry to the 4 people who voted in the polls who claim to use it, but I cannot catch up with patching my mods when ModSync ninja wants me to edit every minor number in the .xml and drag it over to their website each time

Still progress being made for UAC faction, I am feeling more tired than I used to be, I hope I am not getting old, oh no

Just a note, I tested the BFG having 700 damage, it still doesn't kill thrumbos in one or even two hits. Those things are OP.

BFG is only 350 now for balancing reasons, and Dorfy, if you are reading, I'm sorry but I will help you with whatever I can with your Astartes when I get bogged down with less work  :'(

SpaceDorf

Chillax Dude ... and don't burn yourself out.

Look over the modlist you produced in the last month, two month ?
That is amazing and crazy.
You should take it slower and look after yourself.

I gather you are still very young and feel the endless energy. Sadly it is not endless and
if you don't learn to take some time off once in a while you will have problems later.

Sam Gray

Have you intentionally replaced vanilla assault rifle with the project brutality one?