[A17] [RELEASED] DOOM Expansion, Factions and Music mods (DEMO Release)

Started by Chicken Plucker, August 26, 2017, 07:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicken Plucker

Current progress!
05/09/2017

DEMO Download

03/09/2017
UAC is finished! Post production process, need to finalize things

UAC Features
- The Union Aerospace Corporation, in the Rimworld for shady reasons
- UAC Traders! They sell things absolutely cheap, massive stocks, massive wealth
- UAC Outfits, lab coats, armors, business suits
- DOOM 2016 weapons with official sounds (inb4copyright)
- UAC Buildings, nanobeds, hydroponics, MFS Cells
- UAC Bionics, brain implants
- More soon..

01/09/2017

28/07/2017

26/08/2017

Planned features:
- Doom armor and weaponry expansion
- Doom factions
- Classic Doom music to play during raids

Factions:
- UAC Faction with Space Marines
- Doom Demons faction (possibly not gonna happen if coding skills aren't good enough)

Items:
- UAC jumpsuit (can't decide if it should be speedskin or not)

- UAC armor and helmet

- Doom 2016 weapons

- UAC and Doomfighters armorer table:

Learning checklist:
- Weapon and Clothing coding
Coding Knowledge: Good nuff, have experience from many small mods

- Faction Defs
Coding Knowledge: Decent, already made a human faction before.

- Creatures
Coding Knowledge: Zero, can learn.

- In-game music addition
Coding Knowledge: Zero, can learn.

- Faction base custom names
Coding Knowledge: Viceroy, C# Morpheus doing C# work!

Need to dos:
- Need to learn Doom Lore (never played any Doom game in my life, rip)
- Need to have a list and sprite sheet of all monsters from classic Doom
- Need to learn UAC Lore
- Learn C# if possible, only one tutorial from Jecrell known and it's got nothing to do with factions. <-- Learning C# with help of Viceroy
- Develop texture kit for creatures for ease of creation

Sam Gray

Gotta say this is very big and awesome.
Maybe you can get help from jecrell for demons and coding and stuff, he definitely knows a lot about how to mod weird things into rimworld.

Techgenius

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: CyanSam on August 27, 2017, 05:35:19 AM
Gotta say this is very big and awesome.
Maybe you can get help from jecrell for demons and coding and stuff, he definitely knows a lot about how to mod weird things into rimworld.

I'd love nothing more than to learn and make stuff with the big J man, but he is very busy with his own mods I could barely get a reply in his Discord for questions about coding, rip (and tear)

Quote from: Techgenius on August 27, 2017, 03:13:32 PM
You're a unstoppable modding machine

I wish,  more like a stoppable modding chicken but thank you for your support, I am motivated now!

Chicken Plucker

Added preview of some new textures for the DOOM demon events a modder named Viceroy is working on, he has done Horrors for A17. So far I am trying to fix UAC stuff while helping Viceroy with his textures

He can do C#, which is a blessing. Under his request I made a Gore Next and Sigil texture, he will add an event that spawns waves of demons if you fail to destroy the sigil that appears after a certain amount of time.

Dragoon

Your awesome man. I can't wait to see this progress.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Dragoon on August 30, 2017, 10:24:08 AM
Your awesome man. I can't wait to see this progress.

No you're awesome man, thank you, so far we are doing some UAC buildings. Thanks to C# Morpheus Viceroy, there's gonna be a feature where you can call the UAC for a friendly raid without the use of the Comms Command.

Just haven't figure out if it will be an item or etc. since there are no UAC pawns yet.

atlas42

This mod got me so hyped I finally got around to buying the 2016 Doom. Looks amazing so far, best of luck guys.

Techgenius

itching to see the new music mods. Please.. please include some soundtracks for diablo in the new world events. It would be so damn hardcore IF HELL TO PLAY played when some major demonic incursion happened. The whole world went red, literally red tint on everything... oh YEAAAAH! I'll worship you mah men!

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: atlas42 on September 01, 2017, 01:17:38 PM
This mod got me so hyped I finally got around to buying the 2016 Doom. Looks amazing so far, best of luck guys.
Thanks for the support, there's a few multiplayer stuff from that game that I've done for the armors with the UAC, hope you like it all when it's out!

Quote from: Techgenius on September 01, 2017, 03:54:26 PM
itching to see the new music mods. Please.. please include some soundtracks for diablo in the new world events. It would be so damn hardcore IF HELL TO PLAY played when some major demonic incursion happened. The whole world went red, literally red tint on everything... oh YEAAAAH! I'll worship you mah men!

Hey Tech, your enthusiasm really motivates me, I think I will try to figure out the music mods last. finalizing a few UAC things, then after it's time for Demons, maybe patch my old other mods and then finally, music mods.

The UAC is complete, it is now at post production, I hope you guys enjoy it when it comes out!

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Dragoon on September 03, 2017, 02:26:15 PM
Did you make the multiplayer weapons as well?

Eyy Dragoon, current list:

Might change, some might not even make it at all e.g.

Burst rifle - the sound is tricky to get because the game already plays it shooting 3 times and it has to be super carefully edited, not interesting enough as a gun for the effort

Lightning Gun - Lightning gun has to shoot straight, not sure how we will do that yet

Chicken Plucker

Hello all, I just uploaded a little unfinished beta of the mod so far with almost complete features.

I just have a few polishings I need to do before an official release, but to anybody interested in giving this a play, above in the progress section has the Human factions of DOOM 2016, Union Aerospace and of course, the Space Marines.

So far as of this upload, the Super Shotgun and Chainsaw has not been added yet, as well as some decluttering for the UAC buildings. I will get to it after I am done sleeping because I am exhausted. Cheers and have a good time!

Chicken Plucker

(Thread link is on the chickens)

The mod for human factions is RELEASED! there are no Night Sentinels, maybe in a future update? Maybe.

As for Project Lazarus with Demons? It looks like I have to do it all on my own because Viceroy is out of action.
Say goodbye to the cool C# concepts, probably going to be a Mechanoid-like faction without events but it's better than nothing. Hopefully I learn C# on my on so I won't have to bother anybody for help.

Will re-start the thread when the work on the demons begin (if ever)

UAC feature that allows them to be called for backup has been cut, that was a C# part. It's a bummer but it can always be implemented later.

daisuke6000