[MOD] (Alpha 3) MapGen+ (v0.2) LavaWorlds, SnowWorlds

Started by Cala13er, May 10, 2014, 10:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cala13er

MapGen+

Description:
    This mod aims to give you new feels to RimWorld, converting the sandy and earth feeling to extreme living conditions such as Lava planets (Please note this is a work in progress, Lava Planet does not change much of the core game). Giving you new experiences on new planets! (This mod DOES NOT give you the ability to travel to other planets, just spawns you on a differently textured and generated map)

RimEarth has evolved, and now it is time to colonize other planets with the best 3! A company on RimEarth has recently developed technology that allows colonists to genetically adapt to extreme weather and living conditions. And 3 unlucky chosen ones have been shipped of from RimEarth to other planets in the galaxy to colonize it. However only you can write the rest of the story!

This project NEEDS testers :

If you're interested in this mod and want to test early releases it would really help! Absolutely any one qualifies for this tester position! Just reply or PM me, much appreciated :)

Changelog

[/list]
    //Version 0.2
    ---> Snowy Worlds Release

//Version 0.1 (literally took me 10 minutes to make this mod)
    ---> Lava Worlds Release

Mod Team:

Your planet ideas?:
    Well, I can't think of planets forever, I need your planet suggestions and ideas! Credit will be given.

Lava Worlds (v0.1)

Description:
    Changes the map generator and core textures to look like a lava planet:
    Lava Worlds - The typical Lava World generator.

Features:
    ---> Inability to build on Lava Rock without researching the ability first.

Downloads:
    ScreenShots:

Snow Worlds (v0.2)

Description:
    Changes the map generator and core textures to look like a snowy planet:
    Snowy Worlds - The typical Snowy World generator.

Downloads:
    Screenshots:

Cala13er

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
    Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Cala13er

Quote from: iame6162013 on May 11, 2014, 04:05:26 AM
    what about some volcanoes?...

I'm already messing around with map gen to add some volcanoes so we'll see what I can come up with for v1.0 :P (Next version)

But I'm also working on a Snow Planet and a Desert Planet.
    Aswell as making it a core mod, which is the aim :)

iame6162013

Quote from: Cala13er on May 11, 2014, 04:09:11 AM

I'm already messing around with map gen to add some volcanoes so we'll see what I can come up with for v1.0 :P (Next version)

hmm lava snow and dessert the 3 planets of galaxy "Cala13er" ;)
    Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
    Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Cala13er

Quote from: iame6162013 on May 11, 2014, 04:14:57 AM

What do you mean by that :O

iame6162013

Quote from: Cala13er on May 11, 2014, 04:17:57 AM
    Quote from: iame6162013 on May 11, 2014, 04:14:57 AM

What do you mean by that :O

that u Sir, are a God (or goddess...) :P

Cala13er

These are the planets i've got planned altogether. Not much but I'm out of ideas.

Water Planet
    Desert Planet
    Tundra Planet
    Very hot planet (Not Lava)
    Moon (<--- Not sure how to go about this one because )

LittleMikey

Quote from: Cala13er on May 11, 2014, 04:39:29 AM
    These are the planets i've got planned altogether. Not much but I'm out of ideas.

Water Planet
    Desert Planet
    Tundra Planet

Does the Lava damage colonists over time? If so, and forgive me if this isn't possible with the modding system, but maybe you could make all terrain on the Moon map damage colonists (due to lack of Oxygen), unless they are under a roof. I'm assuming that the game can't detect if they are indoors/outdoors, but if it can detect if they are under a roof maybe you can just say that when colonists are inside they are being provided with Oxygen?

Cala13er

Quote from: LittleMikey on May 11, 2014, 12:04:03 PM
    Quote from: Cala13er on May 11, 2014, 04:39:29 AM

Water Planet
    Desert Planet
    Tundra Planet

Does the Lava damage colonists over time? If so, and forgive me if this isn't possible with the modding system, but maybe you could make all terrain on the Moon map damage colonists (due to lack of Oxygen), unless they are under a roof. I'm assuming that the game can't detect if they are indoors/outdoors, but if it can detect if they are under a roof maybe you can just say that when colonists are inside they are being provided with Oxygen?

You're not even in my team and you're releasing spoilers. ;)
    Are you a psychic? :O

P.S. LavaRock does not damage colonists but as for the moon suggestion. That's already planned :)

Cala13er

Update v0.2

Snowy Worlds (v0.2)

Description:
    Changes the map generator and core textures to look like a snowy planet:
    Snowy Worlds - The typical Snowy World generator.

Downloads:
    Screenshots:

Coenmcj

For the moon environment...

You could possibly ask Tynan to provide you with the code for back when this was Eclipse colony (We sell Oxygen and Oxygen accessories!)
    Then find a way to implement this only on a basis of particular planets, instead of all the time.
    Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Crimsonknight3

With the moon terrain idea, and needing oxygen to survive, do you think it could be expanded by adding an equipable item to allow colonists outside? and Perhaps a greenhouse/oxygen storage/ventilation/co2 scrubbing system?

That is IF the game is able to work out the total surface area of any given room?? I'm not sure on the limits of the game as I don't really do modding (Wish I had the patience to mod, i have SO many ideas but not the time nor patience to create them)

[Edit] Could you create a custom zone inside the game that turns any indoors spaces into said zone, then use that zone info to work out how much oxygen is needed?

Vas

Ooh ooohhh, make a Protoss Homeworld planet!  xP
    Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

iame6162013

Quote from: Vas on May 14, 2014, 03:17:48 PM
    Ooh ooohhh, make a Protoss Homeworld planet!  xP
    Starcraft II?...
    because that would be insane! xD