[1.0] [KV] Change Dresser (AlienRaces now supported) [ModSync]

Started by Kiame, September 15, 2017, 02:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenchiveruti

Quote from: 2.71828 on December 11, 2017, 10:54:07 AM
Quote from: frenchiveruti on December 11, 2017, 10:41:37 AM
Quote from: 2.71828 on December 11, 2017, 09:12:43 AM
Quote from: Zephyrinius on December 11, 2017, 05:55:18 AM
I was very excited to use this but it causes the game to crash on startup for me.  This happens even if I disable all other mods.  Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Linux?

I use Linux and I'm running the game under wine 2.0.3 and there's been no issues so far.

Why do you use Wine when Rimworld (normally) runs on Linux natively?

But apart from that: I asked because the mod currently doesn't appear to work on (64 bit) Linux. With the mod enabled, the game crashes on startup (after closing the error log, if there is any), and this issue is known and worked on by Kiame. Zephyrinius also isn't the first one to experience these kinds of crashes.
I see, well then my experience isn't useful here haha.

Zephyrinius

Quote from: 2.71828 on December 11, 2017, 09:12:43 AM
Quote from: Zephyrinius on December 11, 2017, 05:55:18 AM
I was very excited to use this but it causes the game to crash on startup for me.  This happens even if I disable all other mods.  Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Linux?

Actually I'm on mac.  Sometimes the crash is on startup and sometimes it happens when I try to start a game or even when I open the mods window to enable/disable mods.

I'm glad to hear Kiame is working on it.  I'd be happy to help if I can.  I looked at the log when it crashes, but everything seems fine and then it just throws a segfault.

Yeah, I forgot that Macs have the same or a similar problem. The thread where this is discussed a bit is this one, by the way.

It's interesting that for you the crashes seem to occur later than for me, though. With 'Change Dresser' active, I can't get past the initial menu, because Rimworld crashes immediately (or after I close the error log). If I don't use 'Change Dresser', I can't play either, though, because I get a CTD sometimes as soon as a few seconds after loading a savegame, so you're better off than I am, I assume.   :(

Kiame

Good news! I went back to my laptop to check that it was 64 bit install (it is) andc launch RW. It worked fine. So I went into mods and disabled all but change dresser and restarted. Now it is crashing!
Hopefully this will give me insight into what's going on

Kiame

Initial testing done and I've ruled out every file except for ChangeDresser.dll so there's something in my code that's causing isdues

Harry_Dicks

Does the mod loading order matter for this and Mending with the patch? Example, Change Dresser -> Mending -> Mending Patch

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on December 11, 2017, 08:08:21 PM
Does the mod loading order matter for this and Mending with the patch? Example, Change Dresser -> Mending -> Mending Patch
Go with "Mending --> Change dresser --> mending patch" and you should be fine!

Kiame

Thanks frenchiveruti

Yes Mending -> Change Dresser -> mending patch

GrimTrigger

So... why cant I change the body type of the aliens?  Twilek specifically in this instance..

Kiame

some alienraces do not have different body types. i dont remember if twileks fall into that category. i can take a look tonight

GrimTrigger

Cool, thanks.  In my particular case the Twilek female has the skinny body type.  I think skinny and athletic are the only types available for the females, but I could be wrong.

Kiame

Quote from: GrimTrigger on December 13, 2017, 08:51:43 PM
Cool, thanks.  In my particular case the Twilek female has the skinny body type.  I think skinny and athletic are the only types available for the females, but I could be wrong.

Looks like Twileks have two body types. Thin and Male for Males. Thin and Female for Females. I'll put this down on my list of todos.

Kiame

Update:

Mac/Linux players please try this version of the mod out: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-changedresser/releases/download/A18/ChangeDresser.zip
-Download link now the same as front page
-For those on steam you will get this version, no need to download it manually

Let me know if this fixes the game crash issue.

A drawback to the fix is if a trade window is closed using "esc" dropped apparel will not be collected. I am looking into a way to correct this.

frenchiveruti

I have found a bug when this mod is used with "Butchers can count meat", it causes GUI breaking.
I left an issue on GitHub. https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-changedresser/issues/24

Kiame

Thanks got that issue fixed and uploaded to steam + direct download for change dresser, weapon storage, body part storage, and textile storage, and an as-of-yet unreleased infinite storage