[MOD+MODPACK] (Alpha 3F) Vanilla+ (v1.2.6 - May 21, 2014)

Started by pawnstorm, May 12, 2014, 03:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: pawnstorm on May 14, 2014, 08:58:22 AM
Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 14, 2014, 08:52:24 AM
Quote from: pawnstorm on May 14, 2014, 08:49:11 AM
I have no idea which mod adds those VanillaWeapon-*.xml files, but they're not from Vanilla+. Maybe you can search your Mods directory for one of those files to see which mod they do belong to.

Also, I think throwing Vanilla+ into the mix with a huge list of mods is asking for trouble. It should at least work with the mods I listed in the first post, but I expect there to be quite a few mods that won't play nice with Vanilla+.

Im using the big bang pack + another maybe another 5 or 6 and im having no problems yet. Only issue im having is adding better power events because im using industrial mod but want the artifact + plasma storm events lol
Ah, that's nice to hear. I hadn't really tested it with any mods besides the ones I mentioned earlier.

Only thing of note, and I am not sure at all that I am correct, but with all my mods installed, pawns appear to sleep and eat a lot more often. Is that simply functionality of the food/sleep thresholds?

pawnstorm

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 14, 2014, 05:36:25 PM
Only thing of note, and I am not sure at all that I am correct, but with all my mods installed, pawns appear to sleep and eat a lot more often. Is that simply functionality of the food/sleep thresholds?
Hmm, that sounds odd... I can't think of any reason why they would eat or sleep more.

Crimsonknight3

hmm well ive never played vanilla and I just had a feeling they appeared to be sleeping more but maybe its just me lol

roboto69

Just felt it would be a good idea to mention that I have experienced a problem using rmeditor to edit my colonists with this mod. I also had the same issue with that "more fit colonists" mod, and I'm pretty certain the issue is with both of the mods as I used them separately.

pawnstorm

Quote from: roboto69 on May 14, 2014, 11:45:28 PM
Just felt it would be a good idea to mention that I have experienced a problem using rmeditor to edit my colonists with this mod. I also had the same issue with that "more fit colonists" mod, and I'm pretty certain the issue is with both of the mods as I used them separately.
Compatibility with 3rd party tools isn't really one of my objectives. Frankly, I'd have been surprised if it did work with my mod. My best guess as to why your editor doesn't work with my mod is because my mod changes the class which colonists use, there's nothing I can do to change that without losing functionality.
It shouldn't be too hard to update the editor to parse xml a bit more freely and handle mods better. You might have better luck if you make a request to the author of that tool. Or you can just use any general purpose xml editor, or notepad even.

pawnstorm

New version! I think it's about ready for a longplay, I'd love to see some videos of people using my mod on youtube :P. I don't have anymore features planned, so if there aren't any bugs I think the only thing I'll change for v1.0 is maybe improve the settings dialog a little.

- I changed the update home region feature a little, now it waits until the building is completed.
- When there are enemies on the map, now it also makes colonists that are still in your home region but are on their way to do something outside of your home region cancel their task
- Added improved firefighting as an option, on by default
- Added removing of thin rock roofs to the no roof region, also on by default. I didn't add a toggle for this, but if you want to turn it off you can do so in the Mods/VanillaPlus/Settings.xml file (by setting improvedNoRoof to False).

LittleMikey

Crimsonknight3

Looking amazing by the way going to test it out  when my daughter naps... if she naps today lol

insanevizir

I made it work with all the mods i have installed just by activating this one first.
After vanila+ is activated, go back to main menu and then back to mods and activate one by one, going always back to menu before activating the next one. Having no issues using:
Core
VanillaPlus
BetterPower+
Woods
BlastingCharges
More Floors
Non-Lethal Turrets
StackableMeals
Wild Farmer
Workplaces
Turret Pack
Project Armory
Fertile Plains -BP+

pawnstorm

Version 1.0 is out!

I improved firefighting even more. No more watching your solar panels burn to the ground because they're burning while a colonist is standing right beside them, but the fire is reserved for another colonist halfway across the map!
Also did some minor fixes to a few options not always being loaded properly.

Edit: Small update, now it also automatically undrafts colonists after rescueing/capturing/etc.

Dr. Z

What exatly is the sort menu supposed to do? I don't see any differece whether I toggle one categorie or not.
Prasie the Squirrel!

pawnstorm

Quote from: Dr. Z on May 16, 2014, 07:45:57 AM
What exatly is the sort menu supposed to do? I don't see any differece whether I toggle one categorie or not.
It sorts the items in your tab menus alphabetically (the ones after cancel and deconstruct).

pawnstorm

I really do mean to stop pushing new updates every day after version 1.0, but I think my mod may have been responsible for a bug someone reported, anyway:

1.1- Fixed possible bug caused by "Stay inside during threats", changed auto unforbidding corpses to also affect non-human corpses

Dr. Z

Can I install 1.1 and still use my savegame started with 1.0?
Prasie the Squirrel!

pawnstorm

Quote from: Dr. Z on May 17, 2014, 04:28:28 AM
Can I install 1.1 and still use my savegame started with 1.0?
Yeah, there shouldn't be any problems. I just released version 1.2 by the way, there shouldn't be any problems with that either. I think everything from version 0.9 to 1.2 should be save compatible.

Anyway, I found a little gem in Tynan's released source code, a new jobdriver for hunting that isn't even in alpha 3f yet! I had to make some changes, but I managed to get it working, it's in Vanilla+ v1.2 now :).