[MOD] (Alpha 4) Dresser (v.0.6.1 - June 17, 2014)

Started by Joretap0, May 13, 2014, 01:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joretap0

Version 0.4 available, now you can choose you own clothes and color ;)

Edit : Added a Adding Apparel Example Mod as attachment to download.
My Mods : Dresser | Inventory Panel | Cannibal
Sorry for my english ;)

Austupaio

So cool.

Alright, I'll give making those wardrobe graphics a shot. After that, I'm going to sprite up some of the armours and such from Unreal/Quake Characters, since I've been wanting that for my mod anyway.

http://www.freakygaming.com/gallery/concept_art/unreal_tournament_2007/malcolm_history.jpg

Edit; wait, before I make the dresser... just had a thought. Are you familiar with the Clutter mod? It adds dressers and lockers that are currently just decorative. Perhaps you and Mrofa should work something out.

Joretap0

Quote from: Austupaio on May 16, 2014, 01:00:10 PM
Edit; wait, before I make the dresser... just had a thought. Are you familiar with the Clutter mod? It adds dressers and lockers that are currently just decorative. Perhaps you and Mrofa should work something out.

Like you can see on the screenshot, i've got clutter mod installed, and yes it will be cool if i can link some of this furniture with my mod.
Sorry for my english ;)

Joretap0

Version 0.5 available : you can now change your hairdress ;)

There's also a lot of code optimization, and i start to include research, that now needed to build items, but not for wearing apparel.

Vanilla's apparels are now overridded to add the properties "researchPrerequisite" that will be used in next version to able pawn to wear apparel.

New Apparel Example mod as been updated yesteray, that's why that's the v2 now. I also replace comment of random color section where i made a mistake.

! Delete the old version before installing this one, cause some files has been removed/renomed !
Sorry for my english ;)

Vas

Dunno if this helps but I've been parsing save files with thousands of pawns in them all collecting information, and this is what I got so far.

Apparel:
Apparel_BasicShirt
Apparel_CollarShirt
Apparel_Jacket

Hair:
Wavy
Flowy
Shaved
Spikes
Bob
Mop
Pigtails
Afro
Long
Burgundy
Mohawk

Head Graphic Paths:
Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Heads/Female/Female_Average_Normal
Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Heads/Female/Female_Average_Pointy
Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Heads/Female/Female_Average_Wide
Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Heads/Female/Female_Narrow_Normal
Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Heads/Female/Female_Narrow_Pointy
Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Heads/Female/Female_Narrow_Wide
Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Heads/Male/Male_Average_Normal
Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Heads/Male/Male_Average_Pointy
Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Heads/Male/Male_Average_Wide
Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Heads/Male/Male_Narrow_Normal
Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Heads/Male/Male_Narrow_Pointy
Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Heads/Male/Male_Narrow_Wide

Crown Types:
Average
Narrow
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Joretap0

Quote from: Vas on May 17, 2014, 12:54:34 PM
Dunno if this helps but I've been parsing save files with thousands of pawns in them all collecting information, and this is what I got so far.

Thanks for the help, but i've use the game items libraries functions so i've got access to all items from core and mods, so i don't have to create any list manually ;)
Sorry for my english ;)

Rex705

This mod is great really making my Sim....Uh colonists look great. :) Be really cool if people could start creating new clothes and hair.

Vas

Quote from: Joretap0 on May 17, 2014, 01:05:18 PM

Thanks for the help, but i've use the game items libraries functions so i've got access to all items from core and mods, so i don't have to create any list manually ;)

Ah :P  Well did I get everything then?
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Joretap0

Quote from: Vas on May 17, 2014, 05:55:18 PM
Quote from: Joretap0 on May 17, 2014, 01:05:18 PM

Ah :P  Well did I get everything then?
I must write function to print list from game database, and it's can take time if i need to analyse everything, so tell me which lists you want and i can make a effort to make them.
Sorry for my english ;)

Damien Hart

This is great  ;D

You should add in helmets and hats as well.

Joretap0

Quote from: Damien Hart on May 20, 2014, 07:35:52 AM
This is great  ;D

You should add in helmets and hats as well.
I've ever think to that, but that will be really harder to do cause they're not existing in vanilla game, there 2 textures set in vanilla(CowboyHat, M1Helmet), but they're not used yet.
Sorry for my english ;)

Damien Hart

Only the two huh... Well I was taking a look at the art resources Tynan put on here a while ago (that's what made me think of it actually) and there are a couple more (including a power armour one  ;D) so with any luck they'll make it into the next release.

KnightsCross

woah lol you beat me to it. i was making a mod about rimworld clothing but great work !

insanevizir

Love the mod, but ...

1. I realized that i only need to research lvl 1 dresser to have access to lvl 3 clothes. Is it by default? do i get the looks but not the protection or something?

2. I have 2 itens with the same purpose: Wardrobe and dresser. Why?

3. I realize I'm able to select one type of clothes for each tier, and selecting armor in the last one overlaps all of then. So, if I select the tier one with +3 armor, then select tier 2 with +3 armor and then the body armor with +30 armor, do i get 36 armor bonus in the end?

All my male colonists are bald now. :D

Joretap0

1 - Yes it's normal, research will be activated in a next version
2 - Wardrobe and dresser are same item, just choose the one you want ;)
3 - Actually, power armor can be use with other tier, so yes armor are cumulative.
I know that can be use like an exploit, but it's your choice to "cheat" or not, this problem will be solve in a next version.

I'm working on clothes crafting for the moment. (Cotton plantation and loom to craft textile ever finished).
Sorry for my english ;)