No roof region doesen't remove stone roofs

Started by Dr. Z, May 14, 2014, 03:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

I think someone noticed this before but I didn't find it the forums or on mantis so I will post here to be sure. If you create a no roof region it doesen't remove stone roofs which is kind of bad if you build underground.
Prasie the Squirrel!

iame6162013

i think it will still remove thin rock roofs
thick rock roofs are meant to not do that
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Dr. Z

It doesen't remove thin rock roofs ether.
Prasie the Squirrel!

pawnstorm

I noticed this too, but I just figured Tynan probably intended it this way.

Edit: Just looked at what it does, and it should be easy to create a mod that also removes thin rock roofs. However, I think there's a good reason why Tynan made the no roof region only remove metal roofs.
For one, it doesn't even check if there's something under it supporting the roof. So you could just add a big fresh mountain to your no roof region, and half of its roof would magically go poof.
Ofcourse it would be possible to add some sanity checks, like if the roof has rock under it or if it's still fogged, but then the code to remove the roof wouldn't automatically trigger later.

Edit2: I'll add this to Vanilla+. Should be there in the next release.

Celthric Aysen

yeah i have noticed this too im unable to remove thin stone roofs too
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Austupaio

I can't provide a link, I don't recall exactly where he posted this, but I believe that Tynan said that the no-roof zones were being changed a bit in Alpha 4, and that removing thin rock would be possible.

Mido

Bumping this thread because this is still an issue.

Dr. Z

Prasie the Squirrel!