[MOD] (Alpha 4) Inventory Panel (v.0.5.1 - June 04, 2014)

Started by Joretap0, May 18, 2014, 08:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joretap0

Oops, something bug when i archive it...
Reuploaded zip
My Mods : Dresser | Inventory Panel | Cannibal
Sorry for my english ;)

Celthric Aysen

is it possible to make every colonist have its own mini inventory?
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Joretap0

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 21, 2014, 12:56:32 PM
is it possible to make every colonist have its own mini inventory?

In fact, i think they ever have an inventory, i remember i saw somethings in codes about that, but i never look further for the moment.

I'll try to look at that, but I've got another mod important for me to create before, and I've got Dresser mod to finalize(hmmm... that will probably force me to look at that further).
Sorry for my english ;)

SacoMato

murlocdummy

Wait, how do I use this?  I load up the mod, and I see absolutely nothing different.  There isn't a new Inventory button, and I certainly don't see any kind of new building that I have to build.  None of the menus have changed, either.

As far as I can tell, it didn't do anything.  Is there something I'm missing here?

pawnstorm

Quote from: murlocdummy on May 26, 2014, 12:08:24 AM
Wait, how do I use this?  I load up the mod, and I see absolutely nothing different.  There isn't a new Inventory button, and I certainly don't see any kind of new building that I have to build.  None of the menus have changed, either.

As far as I can tell, it didn't do anything.  Is there something I'm missing here?
Below the time controls, there should be a little chest icon for the inventory panel and a red time control for ultraspeed. If it's not showing up, could you provide some more info? Like which mods are you using or are there any errors in the output_log.txt file?

murlocdummy

Quote from: pawnstorm on May 26, 2014, 02:38:03 AM
Quote from: murlocdummy on May 26, 2014, 12:08:24 AM

Below the time controls, there should be a little chest icon for the inventory panel and a red time control for ultraspeed. If it's not showing up, could you provide some more info? Like which mods are you using or are there any errors in the output_log.txt file?

The output_log.txt file here
http://www.mediafire.com/view/f4gb8eoayxavjob/output_log.txt

contains errors from a savegame with mods installed.  It started having some standard gameplay issues after I installed the Inventory Panel mod, like slow gameplay and confused pawns moving items back and forth for no reason.  I also started a new game with only Core and Inventory Panel, and I also noticed no changes.

Edit:
To confirm, I moved all of the other mods out of the Mods folder and restarted the game.  Same result.

pawnstorm

There doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary in your output_log.txt file, except the inventory panel dll doesn't even seem to be loaded. Which explains why it's not showing up, now the question is why isn't it loading the dll.
It only seems to load dlls for BetterPower+, PowerSwitch, PowerSwitch_AddOn_BetterPower and Wood 0.94.1.

murlocdummy

Quote from: pawnstorm on May 26, 2014, 03:20:35 AM
There doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary in your output_log.txt file, except the inventory panel dll doesn't even seem to be loaded. Which explains why it's not showing up, now the question is why isn't it loading the dll.
It only seems to load dlls for BetterPower+, PowerSwitch, PowerSwitch_AddOn_BetterPower and Wood 0.94.1.

Unfortunately, I don't know, either.  Nor do I know why a dll wouldn't load.  I'm assuming that the issue is with the .dll file itself, but I don't know enough about how to fix .dll files to try anything.

pawnstorm

Quote from: murlocdummy on May 26, 2014, 05:02:55 AM
Quote from: pawnstorm on May 26, 2014, 03:20:35 AM
Unfortunately, I don't know, either.  Nor do I know why a dll wouldn't load.  I'm assuming that the issue is with the .dll file itself, but I don't know enough about how to fix .dll files to try anything.
I don't think the issue is with the dll file, it doesn't even try to load it. If there was an issue with the dll file, it would probably at least throw an error. My guess is it's in the wrong location (maybe you got the wrong archive, first there was one that had 2 nested InventoryPanel directories, try redownloading it. There should be one InventoryPanel subdirectory in your Mods folder, and in it you should have an About, Assemblies, Defs and Textures folder).

murlocdummy

Actually, I just took the Inventory Panel subdirectory out of the folder and placed it directly into the Mods directory.  It's strange; none of the other mods require that you do that.  Still, it works now, for whatever reason.

Thanks for the tip; I was just about to give up on this mod.

Joretap0

Quote from: murlocdummy on May 26, 2014, 01:04:26 PM
Actually, I just took the Inventory Panel subdirectory out of the folder and placed it directly into the Mods directory.  It's strange; none of the other mods require that you do that.  Still, it works now, for whatever reason.

Thanks for the tip; I was just about to give up on this mod.

Can you tell me which link you use to download the mod(Big Download button, nexus mod, or attached file)?

Cause i verify the main download, and the archive is correctly structured, and it's seem that you've got the bugged archive that i upload first.
Sorry for my english ;)

murlocdummy

Unfortunately, I don't remember which button I pressed to download it.  Sorry about that.

JorDash

This is an absolutely wonderful mod. Needs to be in the core game.

Tuvka