Hualing functional/downed mechanoids - useful trick, maybe exploit

Started by Rafe009, October 24, 2017, 03:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafe009

When you cripple mechanoids far from your base you can have even non-haulers haul them back by right clicking the bodies and designating them for loading into cryosleep caskets.

Maybe a bit exploity but it seems somewhat reasonable considering its' a way to drag the mechanoid back adn disable it in a safe and comfy environment rather than far from the base where a sudden manhunter pack  might appear

Yes that green stuff in the first image is mechanoid vomit.

BetaSpectre

+1 this would be most useful for sythers to harvest their claws.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

SpaceDorf

Great Idea ..

for further use I think a "mechanoid spot" similiar to the animal sleeping spots would be useful.

Then pawns could "rescue" mechanoids there before operating on them.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Nameless

The idea of Mechanoid vomit makes me chuckle for some reason.

Kirby23590

Did that too... Just to save the downed sythers from getting shot from centipede inferno cannons and random flying bullets from your built turrets, to avoid damaging the scythes in the arms.

In midway bringing the syther to the single cryosleep casket, i drop him if he's in a enclosed room like the dinning room or in the game room. Since i have only one cryosleep casket...

+1 Useful but i don't think it's an exploit it's just a nice trick  ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

cultist

I think the reason for this could be that they're performing a medicine job and not a hauling job when rescuing. Or rescuing may not be a job type at all, in which case anyone can do it.