[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Entityofsin

Quote from: Justin C on July 03, 2014, 07:43:25 PM
Just a heads up, the Alpha 5 version of Zombie Apocalypse will be lagged a bit due to other projects I am being paid to work on. I promise I will update it eventually.
Could we get that update please? I am looking forward to running a few games with the mod running along side that All In One Mod. Sadly I never did play the Alpha 4 version of the mod since I skipped playing that version of the alpha.

Plus, I wanna have an army that slaughters dozens of zombies in an underground kill zone tunnel with heavy turrets and small arms fire.

Somz

Actually, I think a mod like this could take place in the vanilla rimworld too.
Of course I'm not talking about zombies, resurrecting upon death, but a virus, plague or a type of fungus -call it whatever you want- that infects people and makes them go nuts, aggressive nuts, attacking you, occasionally each other.
And yeah, infecting other fauna too. ;)

Aaand since I'm playing with alpha5 (I think), I doubt this mod won't cause any trouble =| I wanted to give it a shot, even if it's kinda out of the universe of rimworld, it sounds good.
Though I usually don't really give a damn about bodies, especially after a 200-300 raid, I rehabilitate my mentally devastated colonists then rebuild everything that was lost... It'd be game over if all the dead would just resurrect...x)
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Entityofsin

Quote from: Cyst on July 23, 2014, 05:21:11 AM
Actually, I think a mod like this could take place in the vanilla rimworld too.
Of course I'm not talking about zombies, resurrecting upon death, but a virus, plague or a type of fungus -call it whatever you want- that infects people and makes them go nuts, aggressive nuts, attacking you, occasionally each other.
And yeah, infecting other fauna too. ;)

Aaand since I'm playing with alpha5 (I think), I doubt this mod won't cause any trouble =| I wanted to give it a shot, even if it's kinda out of the universe of rimworld, it sounds good.
Though I usually don't really give a damn about bodies, especially after a 200-300 raid, I rehabilitate my mentally devastated colonists then rebuild everything that was lost... It'd be game over if all the dead would just resurrect...x)
Well that's the beauty of the zombie mod. It would force you to find a way to defend against that many raiders and then slaughter that many zombies shortly afterwards. Could always blow up the corpses with Blast Charges afterwards and they would then go away. Corpses do have durability. :)

BetaSpectre

This as well as the mechanoid mod are some of the mods I'm just itching for an update.

Another reason to keep bodies away from the Fort xD.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

NyZRoTh

Justin C

Hey guys. I'm really sorry about not updating this for Alpha 5, but I just didn't have the time. The one downside to having a game in Alpha that gets updated so frequently is that any derivative works such as mods or "Let's Play" series have a very short lifespan.

At the very least I will make sure I update the mod for Alpha 6, and I have a feeling that while playing through Alpha 6 I am going to be inspired to work on some of the other planned features for the mod as well.

Dr. Z

Cool, locking forward to this. I didn't play much Alpha 4 so I'm really exited for the update.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Stryker

Can we have a mode where the zombie virus isn't airborne? / Disable airborne zombificiation?

Iwillbenicetou

Yay! you're updating it! I have wanted to play it for a while, but didn't want to downgrade...
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

LuciferNZ

Cant wait for this mod to be updated - significantly ups the fun and difficulty!

LOVE IT!

Iwillbenicetou

Maybe not the difficulty... More like making them slower. Like have 25% movement, but hit like a truck
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Justin C

Quote from: Stryker on August 17, 2014, 03:58:02 AM
Can we have a mode where the zombie virus isn't airborne? / Disable airborne zombificiation?
You can go into the IncidentDefs for the mod and set the chance to 0, which will disable the airborne incident. I'll throw a guide in a text file for the release.

I'm just about done with the Alpha 6 release of the mod and I should be releasing it tomorrow morning. If anyone has any quick suggestions they'd like me to try to get in before the release now would be the time to make them. I'll be testing and tweaking the mod all night, and I will be sure to keep an eye on the forums.

Justin C

All right, the Alpha 6 release is currently awaiting authorization on ModDB, so it should be approved within an hour or two.

You will need to start a new world for the mod to work.

Here is a list of changes:
v 0.7 - 8/19/2014
- Updated the mod for Alpha 6.
- Zombie hoards and the airborne incident no longer rely on the storyteller to happen. Instead they will happen regularly on a random timer.
- Changed the way zombie hoard size is determined. Zombie hoard sizes will now take your difficulty setting and progress into account.
- Since corpses now decay completely over time, really old corpses (the skeletons) will no longer reanimate. So this should reduce the number of zombies that reanimate from your graveyard when the airborne virus incident hits.
- All non-Colonists now have a 1/500 chance of being bitten when spawning on the map. This includes both visitors and raiders.
- You no longer receive warnings when non-Colonists are bitten by zombies.
- The naming scheme for reanimated zombies has changed. Zombies that reanimated from corpses will now be named "Zombie [Name]" instead of "[Name] (dead)". Zombies that used to be colonists will be named "* Zombie [Name] *".

I should have a writeup that goes into more detail about the changes up on ModDB by tomorrow evening.

There were a lot of last-minute changes made so if you find bugs report them here. Also let me know if you think the zombies attack too often or not often enough. I do plan on updating the mod at least one or two more times before Alpha 7 arrives.

Clayton

Awesome mod! One note:

It may just be RimWorld itself, but if you have a wall without a door, the zombies will just spawn and wont attack.

Dr. Z

Prasie the Squirrel!