[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: Lithial on August 26, 2014, 07:09:12 AM
another question, is it possible to detect if you have superior crafting installed and tone down the waves a little? Normal game with zombies would be easy enough but large waves on day 7 when you haven't even built a turret yet can get kinda intimidating lol

It might be your difficulty. Day 3-4 I got a 3 zombie wave.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Lithial

I suppose i do play on challenge, i thought that was normal lol. i havn't had a small wave yet hahaha

Lithial

Though another thing that i think has been said, need to change the alliance thing so that all other tribes know that they are enemies

henryheyhey123

For me, the zombies spawn and give me an alert then disappear a split second after, giving me the error 'Operation is not valid due to state of object'.

Other mods installed are:
Ts Mod:
MoreFloors
MoreCarpets
ConditionRed
MiscStuff
Blasting Charges
Minigun Turret
Workplaces

Justin C

Quote from: henryheyhey123 on August 27, 2014, 06:26:59 PM
For me, the zombies spawn and give me an alert then disappear a split second after, giving me the error 'Operation is not valid due to state of object'.

Other mods installed are:
Ts Mod:
MoreFloors
MoreCarpets
ConditionRed
MiscStuff
Blasting Charges
Minigun Turret
Workplaces
Yeah, it's the same issue that was talked about at the end of last week.

I know I said I was going to fix it early this week. I wound up taking a few extra days to work on my Ludum Dare game, since I didn't manage to get a playable version finished for the end of the event.

FireFly

Day 34. 8 zombie raids, one large, the rest massive. Not one pirate or tribal raid. Plez nerf ^_^
I have SC and a few other mods on. Looked through the configs but couldn't find a way to tone them down at all. I love this mod, but I can't even keep up with the pile of bodies, let alone the zombies themselves.

thefinn

Quote from: FireFly on August 28, 2014, 04:49:43 AM
Day 34. 8 zombie raids, one large, the rest massive. Not one pirate or tribal raid. Plez nerf ^_^
I have SC and a few other mods on. Looked through the configs but couldn't find a way to tone them down at all. I love this mod, but I can't even keep up with the pile of bodies, let alone the zombies themselves.

Kind of agree.

You note in your patch notes that you started spawning zombies without the use of the storyteller, which would be fine as long as there was some method to tailor the rate and size of zombie spawns. It does kind of negate the entire method of balancing the game if you remove the storyteller.

Iwillbenicetou

If you change your difficulty to rough or something, then you get a raid from zombies of about 3 of them. You can change them to be more toned down.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Justin C

Quote from: thefinn on August 28, 2014, 08:53:44 AM
Quote from: FireFly on August 28, 2014, 04:49:43 AM

Kind of agree.

You note in your patch notes that you started spawning zombies without the use of the storyteller, which would be fine as long as there was some method to tailor the rate and size of zombie spawns. It does kind of negate the entire method of balancing the game if you remove the storyteller.
I still use the Storyteller's way of determining the hoard size based on wealth and difficulty setting. I just removed the storyteller's ability to spawn the waves. They do seem a bit large though, which I assume is a result of there not being any zombie types that cost a lot of points to spawn. I'll reduce the spawn sizes a bit if that's what people think needs to happen.

It's a bit odd that FireFly was only seeing zombie spawns. As I said, the day after I launched the new version I watched a streamer for about 10 hours, and he seemed to have a pretty balanced mix of normal raids and zombie raids.

The problem is it takes a lot of time playing the game in order to properly test the mod, and I just can't spend 30 hours playing the game to tweak it right now. That's why it's important for you guys to keep giving me feedback.

Lithial

Actually i can agree that the latest version is better, i had a reasonable variaty last game, though the hordes are a tad big at the start. though probably wouldnt be as bad if i wasn't using superior crafting.

Xerberus86

hey, has anyone tried this mod with TTM yet and can confirm that these two are compatible? thx :)

Jacci014

Quote from: Xerberus86 on August 29, 2014, 10:24:31 AM
hey, has anyone tried this mod with TTM yet and can confirm that these two are compatible? thx :)

I cant say i found any problems while playing. However i do seem to be experiencing a lack of raiders, sieges and pirates.

Lithial

Hey would it be possible to add amputation to stop the virus if its on a limb?

thefinn

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 28, 2014, 11:29:57 AM
If you change your difficulty to rough or something, then you get a raid from zombies of about 3 of them. You can change them to be more toned down.

Yeah the issue is the timing of them, I sometimes just play on harder difficulty but play the easy storyteller so I have a lot of time between raids.

Justin C

Quote from: thefinn on August 30, 2014, 06:33:22 PM
Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 28, 2014, 11:29:57 AM

Yeah the issue is the timing of them, I sometimes just play on harder difficulty but play the easy storyteller so I have a lot of time between raids.
Ah, that must be it then. I can see where it would cause problems on the lower difficulty settings now.

For those playing on a higher difficulty, do you think the zombie raids happen too frequently? And do you think the hoard sizes should be reduced? When you answer please let me know if you have any turret/weapon mods that make it easier to fight them.

You guys can expect an update by the end of the week at the latest.