[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d-lord

yeah guys i know i have downloaded a bunch of these mods they all show up when i rip them from my winrar but it dosnt show up theres no folder or anything i looked in the achual winrar thing opened it up and its blank there is no folder or anything at all but i dled the one from alpha 4 and alpha 4 dosnt work on alpha 6 so im going mad here

d-lord

i love anything zombies but when i found out theres zombies for rimworld i was like f yeah but i cant play :( your mod hates me

a89a89

Quote from: Justin C on September 21, 2014, 08:30:06 PM
Quote from: a89a89 on September 21, 2014, 07:26:41 PM
Quote from: Justin C on September 21, 2014, 03:45:50 PM
Quote from: a89a89 on September 21, 2014, 03:25:13 PM
Quote from: Justin C on September 21, 2014, 04:03:53 AM
Quote from: d-lord on September 20, 2014, 10:56:31 PM
hey i downloaded the mod and im having trouble i think im really stupid cause i cant see the mods stuff in my rar zip wth am i doing wrong i really wanna play soooooo badly
The download is a 7-Zip file, so make sure you have either WinRar or 7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) to extract it with. Then you just extract it and throw the "Zombie Apocalypse" folder into the RimWorld "Mods" folder, activate the mod in the Mods menu, and then it should be working. Be sure to create a new world to play on after activating the mod.
It doesn't work,
I honestly have no idea what you did to get that. As I said, 7-Zip and WinRar both work fine for extracting .7z files. Use one of them.
I use zipeg, would that have anything to do with it?
Probably. 7-Zip is pretty much the standard now.
Would you know of a mac alternative?

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: d-lord on September 21, 2014, 11:21:28 PM
i love anything zombies but when i found out theres zombies for rimworld i was like f yeah but i cant play :( your mod hates me

How? One look in my instructions, two if it doesn't work, then tell us or show us the error log.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Justin C

Quote from: a89a89 on September 22, 2014, 04:23:29 PMWould you know of a mac alternative?
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

It looks like they have a list of alternatives for people who don't use Windows. I don't own a Mac so I can't promise that any of those are good or even confirm that my mod works properly on a Mac.

Iwillbenicetou

It worked for me on mac... Use the unarchiver tool in the App store.

d-lord

i am using windows 7 to be exact  i cant show an error log cause therre is no error the file just dosent show up i exstract it nothing shows up when you look in the rar file theres nothing there i cant explain more than that i dled the file 10x times already on 7 diffent sites still nothing but when idled the file back from alpha 4 i get the folder of the game stuff you guys must of changed something i cant be the only fool that is having this problem like there is no file i dont know how to explain even more i dont even know how to screen capture it on my desktop or i would

d-lord

!   C:\Users\owner\Documents\Downloads\Zombie_Apocalypse_0_7_1.7z: Unknown method in
!   C:\Users\owner\Documents\Downloads\Zombie_Apocalypse_0_7_1.7z: Unknown method in
!   C:\Users\owner\Documents\Downloads\Zombie_Apocalypse_0_7_1.7z: Error - operation failed

am i high or something cause this is what i get its a blank rar file  this is the 11th time i dled it

heres the diginose
version to extract                       unknow
total files                   0
total size                    0
packed size                 0
ratio                          0%
sfx module size          0 bytes
main comment           absent
passwords                  absent

Justin C

Quote from: d-lord on September 23, 2014, 09:58:47 PM
i am using windows 7 to be exact  i cant show an error log cause therre is no error the file just dosent show up i exstract it nothing shows up when you look in the rar file theres nothing there i cant explain more than that i dled the file 10x times already on 7 diffent sites still nothing but when idled the file back from alpha 4 i get the folder of the game stuff you guys must of changed something i cant be the only fool that is having this problem like there is no file i dont know how to explain even more i dont even know how to screen capture it on my desktop or i would
1) Install 7-Zip.
2) Download Zombie Apocalypse.
3) Right click on the .7z file, select 7-Zip > Extract Here.

If you follow those steps and it doesn't work then you did one of the steps wrong.

d-lord

.... why dose it work for 7-zip but not winrar ....omg im a dumbass sorry

Justin C

Quote from: d-lord on September 23, 2014, 10:53:09 PM
.... why dose it work for 7-zip but not winrar ....omg im a dumbass sorry
WinRar works fine for me.

d-lord

i was using winrar the whole time and got squat as soon as buddy told me to dl 7-zip it showed up  im really sorry guys ive been rude

Iwillbenicetou

Hey Justin, look what I found on youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV3_LimvjlM

It's an update vid on mods/games, and your mod was showcased in it!

Justin C

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 27, 2014, 02:28:49 PM
Hey Justin, look what I found on youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV3_LimvjlM

It's an update vid on mods/games, and your mod was showcased in it!
That's awesome! Thanks for the link. ;D

Jebb0482

Whenever I download this mod and put it into the mod folder, it doesn't work. I believe the problem is the download not giving me any information other than the folders and the dll file. for instance, the dll file takes up no memory so that leads me to believe its empty, it also lacks a few other folders that other mods have. (I believe these are textures and languages) please help! this mod looks amazing and I would love to play it