[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin C

Quote from: Jebb0482 on September 27, 2014, 05:53:20 PM
Whenever I download this mod and put it into the mod folder, it doesn't work. I believe the problem is the download not giving me any information other than the folders and the dll file. for instance, the dll file takes up no memory so that leads me to believe its empty, it also lacks a few other folders that other mods have. (I believe these are textures and languages) please help! this mod looks amazing and I would love to play it
There are no textures or language files needed, and the DLL should be small since the entire C# side of the mod is less than 1400 lines of code.

Make sure you do not have an extra folder in there. In the Mods folder you should have the "Zombie Apocalypse" folder, and if you click into that one you should see the About, Assemblies and Defs folder. If you have done that properly, make sure you go to the "Mods" menu and activate the mod.

Once it's activated, make sure you create a new planet and then create your new colony on that planet. If the mod is working, when you get into the game "Zombie Virus Active" will display at the bottom right of the screen while you are in a game.

RemingtonRyder

Had great fun playing with this mod today.  Even if my colonist Tee did turn into a badass zombie that I had to put down.

Goes without saying now, exercise caution around corpses when the zombie virus goes airborne.

Iwillbenicetou

One, congrats on becoming a colonist.
Two, there should be a version where the walkers are pretty slow, but instakill anything.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Justin C

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 28, 2014, 08:31:07 PM
Am I a colonist?

QuoteTwo, there should be a version where the walkers are pretty slow, but instakill anything.
Zombie bites are about as close to instakills as I am willing to go.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Justin C on September 28, 2014, 08:53:49 PM
Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 28, 2014, 08:31:07 PM
Am I a colonist?
Yes, Can you not see on the left it under your name it says:

Justin C
Private Tester
Colonist

It looks like colonist is someone who has 100 posts.

Iwillbenicetou

My next goal is to get private tester. Hopefully Tynan trusts me enough... You get planetologist at 1000 posts.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

SaymonCZ

Justin C

noahdaorkyboy

Dr. Z

Congrats Justin, your mod is famous enough for someone to post spam on it.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Evul

Justin C

The Alpha 7 release of Zombie Apocalypse is done, but I am waiting to release it until tomorrow. I want to do some additional testing among other things.

But I think you guys are going to be happy with this release.

Romi

Hey Justin C if you need a tester you can call me.I'm free at time after 4 a clock and i'm good at detecting bugs.Just say the word and i'm ready to test this awesome mod :D

Axel

Quote from: Justin C on October 01, 2014, 04:12:45 PM
-breathes heavily- are there going to be new things o...o

Shinzy

Quote from: Axel on October 02, 2014, 02:22:10 PM
Quote from: Justin C on October 01, 2014, 04:12:45 PM
-breathes heavily- are there going to be new things o...o
If it's not gna be a chainsaw imma not be impressed!
at. all.
(Yes I will be, but zombies and chainsaws are just a match made in heaven)