[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin C

Quote from: michal3588 on October 07, 2014, 01:23:06 PM
Is that possible to make zombie race hostile? This is impossible to fight horde by clicking colonists one by one and then zombie :/.
Deactivating mod will broke my save?
The zombie race cannot be anything but hostile. I have no idea why people are running into "friendly" zombies.

Quote from: Gregzenegair on October 07, 2014, 08:45:45 AM
Dear autor, hello, the archive file is broken, we can't play the mod. Please re upload it.
Quote from: 17shadow on October 06, 2014, 09:32:52 PM
I have the empty files problem, when I extract the game with my 7zip it says the compression method is invalid, and the files appear but are empty. And yes, I extract it with 7-zip.
I just downloaded the file and it extracted fine. Try downloading it again. Maybe the download was just corrupted.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: Justin C on October 07, 2014, 05:38:51 PM
Is that possible to make zombie race hostile? This is impossible to fight horde by clicking colonists one by one and then zombie :/.
The zombie race cannot be anything but hostile. I have no idea why people are running into "friendly" zombies.

I think what's happening is that friendly visitors turn, and somehow show up as friendly. This then is the bug. That is my theory.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Justin C

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on October 07, 2014, 08:40:55 PM
Quote from: Justin C on October 07, 2014, 05:38:51 PM

I think what's happening is that friendly visitors turn, and somehow show up as friendly. This then is the bug. That is my theory.
Yeah, the problem is I am testing it and can't recreate the problem. The zombie faction should never be in good standing, and I set the faction to the Zombie faction when turning visitors.

went63

what happens if a zombie bites a prosthetic part of a colonist if it/he/she has one?  does that colonist still becomes a zombie even though a prosthetic was bitten instead of skin/tissue?

michal3588

Quote from: went63 on October 08, 2014, 02:06:37 AM
what happens if a zombie bites a prosthetic part of a colonist if it/he/she has one?
Prosthetic become zombie and tries to kill it's owner :p.
I've made mistake in previous post. Zombies are hostile (they are attacking colonists) but colonists won't auto-fire on them. Just like raged animals in previous versions.

Reaper

still drooling over all of this mod but the airborne infection...

steveuk

I am having the same issue of colonist's and turrets not attacking zombies. The zombie's names are in blue, not the usual red?

Justin C

Quote from: steveuk on October 08, 2014, 06:08:35 AM
I am having the same issue of colonist's and turrets not attacking zombies. The zombie's names are in blue, not the usual red?
Yeah, lots of people are having that issue.

For anyone having the issue, could you please send me the saves for your planet and colony so I can look into the issue? Also, please list any mods you are using alongside Zombie Apocalypse for me.

steveuk

Hi Justin, your mod was the only one I had installed. Unfortunately, I have no save as I started another game without ZA.

Inzann

I have a question about the best way to kill infected colonists? I tried arresting them putting them in their prison room and then either executing them or hospital bed > euthanize. But in all cases they instantly turn into a zombie that starts attacking the doctor or warden.

Does it work if i take their heart out instead or should I get another colonist of mine to lob grenades at the infected one? I am very new to RimWorld so maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Rex705

Quote from: Inzann on October 09, 2014, 11:32:26 AM
I have a question about the best way to kill infected colonists? I tried arresting them putting them in their prison room and then either executing them or hospital bed > euthanize. But in all cases they instantly turn into a zombie that starts attacking the doctor or warden.

Does it work if i take their heart out instead or should I get another colonist of mine to lob grenades at the infected one? I am very new to RimWorld so maybe I'm missing something obvious.
Put the infected in a small room with turrets and lock the door.

Justin C

Quote from: Inzann on October 09, 2014, 11:32:26 AM

There's no way to prevent them from turning. I could make it so if you destroy the brain they won't turn, but that won't happen until Alpha 8 at least. If you can't cure them by amputating a limb, your best bet is to isolate them. Arrest them and as Rex said, put some turrets outside their door.

Rimfire

Here's a save- a big mess of zombies will turn shortly.

http://speedy.sh/hHdWt/Bunker-49-Copy.rwm

I know it may not be a mod compatibility issue, but the mods I was using for that game were:

-Apparello
-EdBInterface
-EdBPrepareCarefully
-SimpleMedicineCraft
-SurgeryExtended
-Zombie Apocalypse

Omni

Quote from: Reaper on October 08, 2014, 06:04:08 AM
I've always steered clear of this mod for what sounds like a random "you lose" scenario that could be looming over the horizon any minute. I could understand it as an optional addon, but I think it should be the exception, not the norm. Are we not understanding how it works or is it really an arbitrary game-over?

Quote from: Justin C on October 09, 2014, 04:26:35 PM[...] I could make it so if you destroy the brain they won't turn, [...]
That sounds like a great idea, actually.

Justin C

Quote from: Omni on October 10, 2014, 01:27:49 AM
Quote from: Reaper on October 08, 2014, 06:04:08 AM
I've always steered clear of this mod for what sounds like a random "you lose" scenario that could be looming over the horizon any minute. I could understand it as an optional addon, but I think it should be the exception, not the norm. Are we not understanding how it works or is it really an arbitrary game-over?

Quote from: Justin C on October 09, 2014, 04:26:35 PM[...] I could make it so if you destroy the brain they won't turn, [...]
That sounds like a great idea, actually.
The Airborne event won't happen every game (I rarely run into it when testing), and it isn't necessarily a game over. All it means is that after every fight with raiders the dead will start turning after a while. You have some time to burn bodies, and you also know that they are definitely going to turn so it's not like it's a surprise.