[A17,18] Tobe's Mods - Change your Rimworld experience

Started by tobe, November 02, 2017, 02:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sempius

Hi! Is anyone else having this bug where newly built dining chairs just disappear?

Ozymandias

Ummm...yeah...screw that adfly shit. Even his link to steam is posted through adfly.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Harry_Dicks

I'm using an adblocker but trying to download the non-Steam version of any of these mods is just too much. I click the link from forums and that takes me to the OP's personal site. Then the download link from there takes me through an adfly site, to another advertisement site, which has 2 fake "pop ups" appear on the site, AFTER "download initializing" page with advertisements loads for about 10 seconds. And I had a fake "download ready" with a zip file trying to pass off as the real deal, and even looking at the download URL I wasn't sure!

Finally, I had to turn off my adblocker to actually download the zip, which then wasn't formatted properly for extraction as it had no base folder. I'm not here trying to bash the OP, but c'mon man, this crap is so absolutely off-putting in today's internet that I would think a lot of people just say "to hell with it" and never even try out any of your work.

Harry_Dicks

If you use the dining room mod, you need to change DesignationCategory to designationCategory as xml tags are now case sensitive. I haven't checked his other mods to see if he did the same thing there.

EDIT: Okay another bug, he has  <preventDeterioration>true</preventDeterioration> setup under the <building> for his shelf. I tried looking at how extended storage does it, because they had a matching string. ExStor does it the same, but this mod is using T_FurnitureBase while ExStor uses BuildingBase. I don't really know if it makes a difference, but maybe their T_FurnitureBase isn't setup to have that property? Hmm still learning this stuff. Maybe I'll look further through these defs. So this mod definitely wasn't updated properly for B18, and that was after going through the authors labyrinth of ridiculous advertisements and fake download buttons.

EDIT2: Fountain's def's need to be changed from <Size>(2,2)</Size> to <size>(2,2)</size>

jpnm92

Reading TRF really excited me.

It's a shame it isn't updated