[A18] Shuttlecraft (v1.01)

Started by Kentington, November 03, 2017, 05:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentington

This mod adds a variety of shuttlecraft, which can act as reusable transport pods and caravan members.

Requires HugsLib version 4.0.1.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Shuttlecraft behave as either buildings or pawns, depending on whether "Hover Mode" is toggled. Without it, they can be launched like vanilla transport pods, although you'll fuel them directly without needing a pod launcher. With Hover Mode enabled, they act like pack animals. Hovering shuttles can be drafted if you'd like to manually reposition them.

Caravans containing a shuttle can launch themselves directly from the world map, as long as the shuttle(s) can carry the weight of all its pawns/items.

All shuttlecraft are completely reusable, but cost quite a bit to construct. They come in three tiers, each of which requires its own research project:

Personal Shuttle: Runs on chemfuel and can carry the same 150kg as a transport pod - albeit at slightly lower fuel efficiency.
Cargo Shuttle: Runs on special uranium fuel pods, manufactured at a machining table. Can carry 500kg. Fairly fuel-efficient.
Heavy Cargo Shuttle: Runs on special uranium fuel pods. Can carry a whopping 2,000kg, but is not particularly fuel-efficient.

====Future Plans====

Shuttlecraft was developed as part of a major expansion to Save Our Ship. When it is released, shuttles will allow you to transport colonists and goods between an orbiting ship and the planet/moon below.

Graphics are placeholders for the moment - interested artists are encouraged to contact me.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

kamuii

Tried activating the mod and it gives an error then disables all mods.

ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly Shuttlecraft: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
Loader exceptions:
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'HugsLib.ModBase' from assembly 'HugsLib, Version=0.17.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

The HugsLib bit is interesting as I am using HugsLib 4.0.1 which is for A18.

Edit: Had to use the A17 HugsLib 3.1.2 to get it to work. However it causes errors for other A18 mods that require the A18 HugsLib 4.0.1.

ZE

guess he wasnt usin the latest

gonna need some art for the mod, cuz that upscale looks painful lol

Umbreon117

Oooo This is a mod I need to remember!!!
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Kentington

Recompiled with HugsLib 4.0.1. Should work now.

kamuii

Works great!

Note: If you have errors with this mod make sure to place it directly after HugsLib in your mod load order. If it isn't placed directly after it, it will throw errors and not work.

SpaceDorf

Looks great.

Can't wait to weaponize them :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Calio

Marcvs

Hi, unfortunately when trying to destroy the psychic ship the game crashes, maybe because the pod is a Mechanoid?
Thank you.

DeltaPavonis

Found a workaround until Kentington updates with a proper fix; changing BaseShuttle's fleshtype in PawnKinds_Shuttle.xml from Mechanoid to Normal seems to fix the whole "shooting psychic/poison ship parts crashes the game" thing.

This fix has the side-effect of causing hovering shuttlecraft to bleed when hurt, and may cause other issues, I've done some testing but not a ton. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just replace PawnKinds_Shuttle.xml with the one I've attached below.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Goranchero

Mod idea... would it be possible to create a hybrid between a personal shuttle and a deep drill to create a mobile deep drill?

I tried messing with the mod a bit, but could not get pawns to interact with it. It would be awesome to get a drill that could move on its own and set up near map edge to drill resources in the edge zone where you are not allowed to build.

Other than that, an excellent mod and a must-have.

Cheers!

leeadriancatfox

Shuttle craft causes problems. The moment I uninstall the heavy cargo pod and reinstall it to other location~ a tiny uninstalled furniture version of the thing appeared besides the reinstalled pod, has no name of it, cannot be haul or deconstruct, the bug now then, i can no longer reuse the pod or any other available pods nor loaded some stuff to it.

Calio

Quote from: DeltaPavonis on December 06, 2017, 11:26:09 PM
Found a workaround until Kentington updates with a proper fix; changing BaseShuttle's fleshtype in PawnKinds_Shuttle.xml from Mechanoid to Normal seems to fix the whole "shooting psychic/poison ship parts crashes the game" thing.

This fix has the side-effect of causing hovering shuttlecraft to bleed when hurt, and may cause other issues, I've done some testing but not a ton. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just replace PawnKinds_Shuttle.xml with the one I've attached below.
This workaround makes some humorous bugs, since shuttles are treated Normal, they appear on butcher list, come at manhunter incident(and it fails cuz they have no fuel lol), etc. lmao.

TryB4Buy

More bugs found. Having the mod on during map formation seems to remove all mechanoids & infestations from the ancient dangers.

Also, wandering caravans now just spawn one large shuttle that is automatically destructed. Destroying it with the dev tools says it is already destructed.

It would seem removing the Heavy Shuttle would remove the biggest bugs. Well, and adding it to a save after map generation. :(

Inacio

Any chance you'll put this on Steam Workshop?