Two outfits per pawn

Started by Sylvain07, November 05, 2017, 12:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvain07

I like to see my pawns with their haircuts, and i like to see my pawns run to put on their helmet and body armor when a raid has begun. Some times they arrive in late on the battle area but i don't mind.
But it's boring to click a lot of times for change outfits.
So i would like a second outfits for each pawn, and a only button which switch between the 2 outfits.

Sbilko

Why don't you simply assign them to wear the clothes you want them to wear?

From what I understand, you click on each pawn and each cloth you want them to wear.

However, there is the assign button (I think it was that one) where you can assign your pawns to wear what you want. They'll go on their own and dress on their own.

By default, there are these 4 "types of outfits:"
Anything
Soldier
Worker
(something else)

Limdood

Quote from: Sbilko on November 06, 2017, 09:49:46 AM

By default, there are these 4 "types of outfits:"
Anything
Soldier
Worker
(something else)
nudist (hats only)

Sylvain07

I know how assign pawns to wear clothes. i mis explained my idea (sorry i m french !  :-[ )
i like playing my pawns without their armor and helmet. it's more real. But when there are a raid, i want to survive (mainly i play with only savegame) and i put all the "worker" outfits by "soldier" outfits, one by one. 
After the raid, i put all the pawns in their precedent outfits
So, i would like have one only button to put all my pawns in a secondary outfits already choosen (soldier)

I think the game could be more intersting with this style of playing. Because the "immediately raid" are more dangerous and player must choose if a pawn who work far the armor stokage must wear or not armor.
Actually, armor is too light on my opinion. The load of armor (body + helmet) is 0.12 c/s for a pawn who walk at 4.5 c/s. this is 2,6% of reduction, it's low for me. futhermore, the "working speed" don't change with armor. players needn't to leave armor for to be more efficient.
The players loves their pawns with their haircuts, there are even a mod who make helmet invisible, no sense for me !
To finish, the pawns who sleep with armor should must have spirits down.

Kiame

You could try out Change Dresser
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35632.0

Lets you assign outfits to pawns and they can switch between the outfits as desired with a single button click

idgarad

Actually we need outfits to have triggers adn claimed clothing stored in containers or shelves. That way you can have a set for cold snap, heatwave, ranged combat, and melee combat and have the pawns automatically switch between those sets AND retain their clothes in their own rooms.

Nightinggale

Quote from: idgarad on November 13, 2017, 03:58:28 PM
Actually we need outfits to have triggers adn claimed clothing stored in containers or shelves. That way you can have a set for cold snap, heatwave, ranged combat, and melee combat and have the pawns automatically switch between those sets AND retain their clothes in their own rooms.
Nice idea. There is a mod, which is of a nature where it would fit just fine. Now if only there was a name or a link to that mod, then you could have proposed it there  ::) :P
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Yoshida Keiji

This could have been commented in A18 Unstable thread now that we have "dressers". We could just ask for a tailor's bench upgrade so that we don't just select which piece of clothing we want to be tailored, but also an extra drop down menu at the side that creates colonist assignment, listing all names. Which is similar to when we see the (D) for dead/worn by corpse. Only that it would apply for pawns that are alive. So that when we switch between "Soldier" and "Worker", we wouldn't have to manually re-select the clothing pieces as each would already have an "alternative" set prior selected. Then dressers to only be accessible to pawns who own a room, so once you have a customized room, the tailor would finish knitting and haul the new item to that specific room in prioritization of a default stockpile.

I would like pajamas in-game and some game mechanic for "showers". Pawns so far only clean "floors dirt" but don't bath.

Kiame

Quote from: Nightinggale on November 13, 2017, 04:11:33 PM
Quote from: idgarad on November 13, 2017, 03:58:28 PM
Nice idea. There is a mod, which is of a nature where it would fit just fine. Now if only there was a name or a link to that mod, then you could have proposed it there  ::) :P

Change Dresser use to persist what clothing was worn previously by pawns when they switched between apparel. With A17 Beta and now A18 versions the apparel worn by pawns is put back into the pool of possible apparel each time a pawn changes apparel. I decided to go that route so that as time goes on, pawns can get less worn-out apparel and a form of recycling can occur. I'd like to get the mending table mod to work with change dresser too so that as apparel is swapped out it can get mended without user interaction.

Custom colors do persist though so the apparel still looks like what was being worn previously!

I'll refrain from too much more comments on the mod as it'd be better in the mod's post and not derailing this thread  ;)