[1.1] Meteorite rock creates rough-hewn rock floor when mined after reload

Started by dolphinigle, November 06, 2017, 12:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dolphinigle

Is this WAD? (See floor type)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Thunder Rahja

During my sea ice game, I noticed that the the ice terrain was being replaced with rough-hewn stone after a colonist mined meteorite rock. Hovering my mouse over the meteorite rock shows the correct terrain (ice, shallow water, etc), and mining the rock immediately after the event reveals the original terrain. However, saving and reloading before mining causes the rock to convert the terrain to rough-hewn rock when mined. This does not occur with mineable ores such as compacted steel. I was able to reproduce the issue with all mods disabled.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new game and choose anywhere in the sea ice biome as the landing site.
2. Using developer mode, create meteorite incidents until one of the five rock types results.
3. Have a colonist mine a tile of rock. Note that the original terrain is revealed.
4. Save and load the game.
5. Have a colonist mine another tile of rock. Note that the original terrain is replaced with rough-hewn rock matching the type of rock mined.

Mr Bandit

in previous versions meteorites once mined left the ground the same type as before the impact. now they leave behind rough stone the same variety as the meteor. a sandstone meteor that hits stony soil should leave stony soil when mined, but now leaves rough sandstone floors instead  (can't wait for a jade meteor to get nice floors from it! :P)

NeverPire

It seems more logical now as a meteor is half-buried so you only mine its upper side.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

LWM

It means that if the game runs for 100s of years, the map will eventually have absolutely no arable land.  Which would strongly imply meteors have not been falling before you got here, because there IS arable land.

...so it seems it would be better to leave the original terrain.

Ark

It's been reported before, I guess the terrain type under the meteor doesn't get saved. If you mine right after impact you get soil, if you save, load and mine you get stone floor.
I hope by RimWorld 5 we get realistic rock erosion, accumulation of sand and decomposition of plant matter to combat this in those hundred-year colonies.
[A18.1712] Granite meteorite on Ice Sheet leaves rough-hewn Granite floor when m
[1.1] Meteorite rock creates rough-hewn rock floor when mined after reload

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog