[B18] Coldest or Hottest Seeds!

Started by viperwasp, November 18, 2017, 10:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Lemurson

Quote from: Saint Lucifer on February 11, 2018, 07:08:08 PM
Since we are talking of extreme temperatures, anyone have a hint on how you can make a tribal start work on a extreme hot map? At constant 80°c you can't grow anything at all and since you don't have coolers and sun lamps, you cannot make a greenhouse. So i'm kinda at a loss of how i can make it work or if it is even possible at all.
The standard strategy for "tribal greenhouses" is to partially unroof a room.  This lets in sun and so long as more than 3/4 of the roof is intact it still counts as "indoors" and so can be temperature controlled.

The holes in the roof drastically reduce the insulation factor, but if you build enough coolers, you can get it down to plant-growing temperatures.  I've done this for a 60C jungle, but 80C is a lot to overcome and the passive coolers really start to burn through your wood supply.

It works with freezing environments too, and campfires are easier to manage.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

Saint Lucifer

Quote from: Hans Lemurson on February 12, 2018, 07:31:08 AM
The standard strategy for "tribal greenhouses" is to partially unroof a room.  This lets in sun and so long as more than 3/4 of the roof is intact it still counts as "indoors" and so can be temperature controlled.

The holes in the roof drastically reduce the insulation factor, but if you build enough coolers, you can get it down to plant-growing temperatures.  I've done this for a 60C jungle, but 80C is a lot to overcome and the passive coolers really start to burn through your wood supply.

It works with freezing environments too, and campfires are easier to manage.

Tried a few times last nigh and it really don`t seem possible, you need like 3~4 passive coolers just to maintain like 1 tree and at the speed they break, is just not sustainable at all.

Androsynth

Quote from: Hans Lemurson on February 11, 2018, 05:52:41 AM
Wow, absolute zero is possible even on Sea Ice!  What did you do about mechanoids?

So far I've either lucked out, or my abysmal wealth level has kept them away. I'm trying to build a collection of plasteel turrets that can be strategically deployed to fight off a mechanoid attack for me, since I can't keep my people outside long enough to even fire enough rounds off. I'll probably need to wall off an area such that they have to go through a choke point, forcing them into range of all turrets at once.

Yuya

Seed "grasshopper"

Globe Coverage  100%
Overall rainfall: Normal
Overall temperature: Lowest

Coords
91.54 N 169.37 E

Temperature

Avg Temp -81.8 C
Avg Temp (Winter) -108.2 C
Avg Temp (Summer) -55.4 C

[attachment deleted due to age]

viperwasp

Great find Yuya! However I was not able to confirm or deny that location. I just brought up Rimworld. I was going to update my post were I have the Hottest and Coldest Seeds located. And sadly it turns out that the Dev's must have tweaked the seeds etc.

Unless I am mistaken Beta Version 1.0 or whatever you want to refer to as the current version on Steam on the testing server.  Old seeds grant different results now. Even the old coldest location is now different. So because of that I assume your new find will still work on B18 or whatever version your using. And it's still great and thanks for showing. I'm not going to update the primary seeds until 1.0 is released that way it won't all change on us over and over again. To much work for me personally to include various different versions of the game and Hottest and Coldest.

So thanks I'm going to update my original post to include text saying that the version of game does make a difference and that I'm not updating the Data personally until 1.0 is out. However I am going to mention people have found other seeds and to read the full forum.

update-
Okay since this thread is for B18. I will confirm if this Seed works for B18. If it does I will update my primary message. And when the time comes I will make a 1.0 Hottest and Coldest thread. Because the seeds are different. I think that is a better idea.

Thanks Yuya I reverted to version B18 and just like I assumed you have found the coldest known B18 seed! Confirmed!
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Hans Lemurson

Quote from: Yuya on August 20, 2018, 09:56:11 PM
Seed "grasshopper"

Globe Coverage  100%
Overall rainfall: Normal
Overall temperature: Lowest

Coords
91.54 N 169.37 E

Temperature

Avg Temp -81.8 C
Avg Temp (Winter) -108.2 C
Avg Temp (Summer) -55.4 C
91.54 degrees north?  I'm not too sure how the geometry works on that one...
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

viperwasp

Yeah my bad. Typo! haha Thanks. Fixed... Oh nvm it looks like it was Yuya who originally made that typo. I do go into the game to verify that the landing site is legit. But I never caught that mistake. But either way it's fixed on the main post now.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4