[B18 0.18.1722] Name-in-Game Pawn no longer appears in search options

Started by sickschiggins, November 27, 2017, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sickschiggins

My name was accepted back in March 2016 and I had been seeing my name in the game. I'd even seen it when the game went to Steam, but i stopped seeing it sometime in the past year.

On a test account for work, I tried to add myself to the game but I don't see it anymore via search.

Happen to anyone else? How to get myself back in?

Attached some images

Thanks and Best regards,
SicksChiggins

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Best Regards,
SicksChiggins
Space Janitor

Calahan

Just checked myself and I can't see any Maxfield "Max" Atturio on the in-game Pawn list. The forum and the Creative Rewards are totally separate systems, so I can't help you myself with this issue, or access any official list of Name-in-Game Pawns (which I assume exists on the Creative Rewards system).

But what can do is point you in the direction of ItchyFlea, who deals with a lot of the Creative Rewards stuff and who I'm sure can help you locate and rescue your AWOL Pawn. So if you send him an email (which he prefers) via Ludeon support [email protected] , or a forum PM (here's his profile page) https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=959 , and either explain your problem to him (or link this thread as it seems to contain all the required info to my eyes) then I'm sure he'll be able to resolve this issue for you.

sickschiggins

Thanks so much for the advice. I have sent an email off with all the information, hopefully you guys can see me in the game soon :)
Best Regards,
SicksChiggins
Space Janitor

Tynan

If the name vanished, there may be a bug. I'll move this to the Bugs forum.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

sickschiggins

Hey Tynan!
Customer support also seems to think it sounds like a bug:

Hello,

I have exported the list of names contained within the game, it is listed as there. It's most likely a bug that's causing it to not show up so I'll let Tynan know so he can fix the bug. Thankyou for bringing this to our attention. :)

Kind Regards,
Michael

Thanks for taking a look. Please let me know if I should take further action.
-Maxfield
Best Regards,
SicksChiggins
Space Janitor

Calahan

Moving this to the bugs forum (as per Tynan's intent). And edited the thread title slightly as well.

sickschiggins

Thanks! Any idea on the timeline for this small sort of bug to get fixed? I'm having an existential crisis due to not being in the game anymore.
Best Regards,
SicksChiggins
Space Janitor

Calahan

I'm afraid I can't see this issue being fixed until the next release now, which will be v.1.0, and which is due to be released... ?? [insert link to random future date selector here]

Some of the earlier alphas had minor updates for them, and when something like this would likely have been addressed in the past. But the last few version haven't had them (apart from the performance patch that A17 required), likely due to not wanting to break saves (amongst other things). Plus if B18 was going to get a minor update then it would almost certainly have appeared by now. Meaning v.1.0 is the next release, and with it all the (as of yet unreleased) bug fixes, such as this one.

Some_stranger

This doesn't seem to be a singular issue, as searching for "Darius Javadin" yields no results.  I'm confident it will be fixed, however.  Thanks for all the great work.

Calahan

Another report here of another Pawn (Peder "Delle" Simonsen) that does appear in A17b but is missing in B18.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40875.0