"'X' already has short hash" Error

Started by CrazyMalk, November 29, 2017, 04:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMalk

Hi! I'm trying to add musical instruments to the game, but when i launch the game, i get a lot of errors. When creating a game, the log list updates again. Can someone help a lost fellow modder? Here is the log:
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/3452d0543f603cfca5c9f82d42a2232f

CannibarRechter

Something is grossly awry with your mod. Is your mod really simple? You need to fall back to the simplest example that still fails, and then post that example here.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

RawCode

please try adding one instrument at time, step by step.

when you implement things blindly and without any tests or checks, you just waste your own time, especially if you copypaste same error into 200 items.

also it's generally bad plan to test your mod with other mods present and active, especially ones with code injection.

Fluffy (l2032)

Did you check your references? It looks like you're copying the core RimWorld dlls as local references, which means the game basically tries to start twice.

In addition, I think you 'installed' harmony as a mod by just copying the files from github and putting it in the mods folder. Thats not how it works, you need to add the harmony dll to your references (and in this case, you do want it to be local). But honestly, you probably don't need harmony, and as a beginning modder, you probably should stay away from it until you know what you're doing. Harmony is immensely powerful, but if you don't know how to use that power it's just as easy to wreck things as it is to fix things.

CrazyMalk

Thanks for the help everyone! I am really ashamed of myself right now... While re-checking everything, i noticed that something went wrong during configuration, and i forgot to delete the standard assemblies from the Assemblies folder... Sorry for the trouble, everyone!

Fluffy (l2032)

no worries, happens to the best of us. This is what I was talking about by the way, if you set a reference as 'local' in VS (or your IDE of choice) it'll copy the referenced dll next to your dll. That's not what you want in case of the base dlls.

CrazyMalk

Thanks, i'll be more watchful next time!