[B18] [WIP] More Blocks Mod - Beta v1.3

Started by Elrol_Arrowsend, December 13, 2017, 02:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elrol_Arrowsend

More Blocks!
So the idea for this mod came from when I was playing through rim world for the first few times. I was kinda disappointed that the walls looked so bland, and I wanted to add more blocks that looked nicer. So I started working on this mod. I have had rimworld for less then a week and I have been working on  this mod for a little while.

-To get started:
1) Make sure to have the blocks you want to craft researched
2) Grow the new plants to get the dyes you need for the color of walls you want
3) Place a construction table from the productions tab and make new bills to make the components for the walls.
4) Build the walls.

**Important**
If you have any art skills that surpass my own (not hard to do) and want to help out with the textures, shoot me a pm, join my discord, or email me at [email protected]

At the moment the mod contains:

• 8 new colored walls
  • 8 new colored doors
  • 8 new colored metal walls
  • 8 new colored metal walls (with lights)
  • 11 new crafting components
  • 8 new plants
  • 8 new seeds
  • 4 new researches
  • 1 new production table (to make the components)

I am up for wall ideas and suggestions for the mod, as well as opinions on the mod.

This mod requires you to have ArchitectSense. Otherwise there would be too many blocks in the MoreBlocks category.

Here are all the things added:

VV Download Link below VV
Download

KozmoD

Really cool idea, but the textures are a little too bright, they stand out too much IMO.

The-Eroks

I appreciate mods that add more variety to the games structures. Even if it doesn't serve a direct game purpose, it's nice to beatify the colony or design rooms in a certain color so that there purpose is obvious at a glance.

Elrol_Arrowsend

Hey, Sorry for being gone for a while, life got crazy for a bit, but I am back, and I plan to make more blocks soon. I have just added the fancy blocks (im not the best at textures, I am looking for an artist to assist me) and the light blocks (there will be light blocks for each variant of walls in the mod, atm the light blocks are just for the Metal blocks)

Mitz

i could try and help w/ textures.
i have paint-net so.
It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

Elrol_Arrowsend

Hey, sorry that I have not responded for a while, life got a bit crazy, but I am back, if you are still interested in helping with textures let me know.