[1.0] Technology Blueprints

Started by LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94, December 15, 2017, 03:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henk

Crafting blueprints definitely needs to cost more resources and time, otherwise they're just way too valuable as trade goods.

If you're worried about blueprint balance, just make them more common, and give less per use.

matheryn

love this mod but I do seem to be having errors thown up about missing something or rathers because of this mod - on lots of drugs atm to stop pain from sciatica pain but stay tunned to this post and I will post the error report inreguards to this mod

LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94

Quote from: henk on May 03, 2018, 04:34:51 PM
Crafting blueprints definitely needs to cost more resources and time, otherwise they're just way too valuable as trade goods.

If you're worried about blueprint balance, just make them more common, and give less per use.

Thanks for your feedback ! I'll look into increasing the time required to make them, I think that's the best route for balance, having them be valuable is one of the intentions.

Quote from: matheryn on May 04, 2018, 12:52:15 PM
love this mod but I do seem to be having errors thown up about missing something or rathers because of this mod - on lots of drugs atm to stop pain from sciatica pain but stay tunned to this post and I will post the error report inreguards to this mod

Hi there! Hope you're feeling better! :) I think that might be due to some mods removing some techs - would you have Combat Extended as a mod? We've had reports of compatibility issues.

I'm currently working on making the mod much more flexible concerning prerequisites for the tech blueprints techs so this might fix any issue that you've encountered.

LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94

Mod updated to version 1.0.2.
Download on the Steam Workshop or GitHub.

Changelog 1.0.2
Fixes

- Now works with Combat Extended & any other mod that adds, removes or changes Research Projects
    - Some code & process cleanup

Balancing
Blueprints are now longer to produce but cost overall more, keeping them as
valuable trade goods that require more investment and are harder to get
for high-end technologies.

- Neolithic from 250 to 200$; work to produce from 4k to 10k
    - Medieval from 500 to 900$; work to produce from 4.5k to 20k
    - Industrial from 1000 to 2500$; work to produce from 5k to 40k
    - Spacer from 2000 to 5750$; work to produce from 6 to 80k

Make sure that Technology Blueprints is loaded after any mod that adds, removes or changes Research Projects.

docssy

I love this mod. I've actually removed using research benches in favour of waiting for the drops. It is definitely slow at first though...

I wonder if it was possible to extend this, such that you would need blueprints to discover individual recipes (think of your poor machining table and gun mods!). That'll tie directly in to the other idea of disassembling items to discover how they work

LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94

Hi, I'm glad you like it! :) It must be quite the different experience playing with no research on.

It could be possible to link blueprints to specific unlocks, but that would mean a quite profound change in how research works in the game. It's a bit out of scope for this mod.

The idea of dissassembling is interesting though, but I'd say that would warrant a different mod!

AnotherFireFox

A little disagreement on your concept of blueprint: They should be able to be written in your current techs.

Blueprints are for workers to work on it, right? If you can build a chemfuel generator for instance, you have to be able to write a blueprint of it, otherwise your constructors can't build it...isn't it?

LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94

@AnotherFireFox

Yes, i agree that logically blueprints would be linked to one kind of constructible. We did decide to go for research projects as a whole instead of individual items for a few reasons:

- A technical reason: we'd need to see how to unlock specific kinds of constructibles, which are currently unlocked according to researchProjects. This is probably possible but felt too much like a change compared to Vanilla rimworld.
- A design reason: we would have to have one constructible per blueprint, which would make using them extremely finicky and not what we were aiming for (something easy to incorporate into the game, that doesn't take too much effort to use/understand)

AnotherFireFox

Quote from: LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94 on July 22, 2018, 02:20:20 PM
@AnotherFireFox

Yes, i agree that logically blueprints would be linked to one kind of constructible. We did decide to go for research projects as a whole instead of individual items for a few reasons:

- A technical reason: we'd need to see how to unlock specific kinds of constructibles, which are currently unlocked according to researchProjects. This is probably possible but felt too much like a change compared to Vanilla rimworld.
- A design reason: we would have to have one constructible per blueprint, which would make using them extremely finicky and not what we were aiming for (something easy to incorporate into the game, that doesn't take too much effort to use/understand)

No, I meant the levels of blueprints should be lowered by one. You can build Industrial Blueprint when you can research industrial blueprint. Will it cause an issue like you can write a blueprint of what you're not already researched?

LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94

Hey again @AnotherFirefox. Sorry, I was certain I had activated e-mail notifications for Ludeon Forums... But apparently not because I entirely missed your message.

If everything is working correctly, you can only build Industrial Blueprints if you have researched the Industrial Blueprints research (which has ALL Industrial Research as a prerequisite). Of course if that's not the case, I'll need to have a look ^^"

LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94

Mod updated to version 1.0.3.

Changelog 1.0.3
Fixes

- Now works with RimWorld B19.

Make sure that Technology Blueprints is loaded after any mod that adds, removes or changes Research Projects.

LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94

RimWorld has been updated to 1.0. We will be checking to fix any update issues shortly. This will take priority in front of fixing the compatibility problem with ResearchPal & Fluffy Research Tree.

LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94

Mod updated to version 1.0.4.

Changelog 1.0.4
Fixes

- Now works with RimWorld 1.0.

vizor

Mod is completely imbalanced for tribal play. I went solo tribal with Tech Advancing mod so slow gameplay, and crashlanded visitor have brought me spacer plans that made my worth more than double. Had to disable the mod, would be nice to bring some options to fix the balance.

LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94

Hi Vizor! Do you mean it makes the game too easy when playing Tribal? It is worth a lot but you shouldn't be able to unlock Spacer tech if none is available to research through standard means. What kind of balance change would you expect?