Sole tribal ambushed by mechanoid

Started by Songleaves, December 23, 2017, 04:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Songleaves

I was responding to a downed refugee event with a single colonist since that was all I could spare. My tribal had good melee (level 10 brawler), a wooden mask, cloth tribalware, and a thrumbo horn.

While approaching the middle of the map to reach downed refuge a mechanoid appears from nowhere and ambushes my colonist. I immediately pause and think "What the hell do I now?" Realizing I had no option but to fight I charge the mechanoid!

BOOM

The mechanoid fires its charge lance and reduces my colonists leg to two hitpoints.

My colonist gets close enough to attack though, and stabs it right in the brain, severely weakening it.

At this point an extended melee battle occurs that takes several rounds. We each take a lot of damage, but my colonist wins out in the end. Following his victory he tore the mechanoids arms off.

Hans Lemurson

Man triumphs over machine!

Scythers are a bit squishy as enemies, their main danger lies in their powerful penetrating weapons.  But if they miss, or don't incapacitate you, then that robot's going down.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

Razbari

That's pretty brutal. I don't think I've ever had to melee with a scyther before. Your tribal pawn deserves a plasteel monument!