The luckiest pawn alive.

Started by Arkay_The_Arcane, December 23, 2017, 04:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkay_The_Arcane

Meet Talbot.
He's a male colonist of the Taiga Republic.
He is 64.
As a child, he was a pyromaniac, and grew up to be a military commisar.
He is also very, very lucky.

A few days after joining the Taiga Republic, a meteorite hit. It landed about five meters away from him. It destroyed several walls, and left a load of limestone.

Then, a while after, there was a raid. He was being melee attacked by a raider, and shot at by another one.
The shooter missed him, and shot his friend in the head, killing him instantly, and saving Talbot's life.

A few weeks later, a tornado it.
It destroyed a large portion of the colony, inluding his neighbour's room. His room was left completely intact.

During another raid, he was shot in the shoulder, and the wound ended up getting infected.
He managed to just survive the infection (Amputation was not an option, as all medicine had been exhausted during treatment of other's wounds, as well as his infection. He missed the last two treatmeants.)

While traveling to a nearby village to trade, his caravan was attacked. The raiders were all killed, and one of them was a flake addict, which resulted in some extra silver for the trade.

That's the story of how lucky Talbot is so far. Has anyone ever had a luckier pawn?

UPDATE: The person he hated most just died. Hurray for him?
Another update: We opened up the ancient danger, and it was a really easy one. Just a few megascarabs, and a few friendly spacers in the cryptosleep pods. It's luck for the whole colony, including him.

Razbari

Way back when I first starting playing, I had a colony with a pyromaniac pacifist that was my lone survivor on three separate occasions until he finally had a mental break, burned down what was left of my colony, passed out in a burning room and died. So he was pretty damn lucky... until he wasn't

Hans Lemurson

Are you sure he's not cursed by the gods with the "gift" of immortality, so that he will forever bear witness to the death and destruction of all around him and carry his grief alone?
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

Bastobasto

Once, my pawn managed to survive these together :  asthma ( major ), severe hypothermia ( beds outside at -30C ) and 2-3 infections. I do not know how did I do that, but I did it.

He after survived a raid that only few survived due that the half of the colony was down due to last raid.

Then in a colony of 4-5 colonist, as lucky as he is, he managed to survive a unknow place event, due that the rock falled due to low stability. The pawn was right ahead a centipede, which missed all his shots except one, who went into the colony's cat foot ( he latter died of infection due to not having time to heal him ).

His luckiness then ended when he was attacked by a whole hive.