B18 Caravan Options

Started by Torann, December 26, 2017, 09:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torann

Caravan Options
Caravan Options is a simple mod that adds mod settings that change default caravan movement calculations and speeds.

The mod has 3 ways to make adjustments:
1. Global caravan speed multiplier
2. Options to change road reduction costs for each road type
3. Option to apply pawn movement speeds proportionally to all terrain types, not just flat terrain

All options start with default values and can be adjusted in mod options.  All options can be quickly reset to default using a reset button in the mod options.

Adjustments are applied with harmony patches and should be compatible with other mods that focus on caravans.  Mod does not adjust caravan carrying capacity.

Credit for pawn movement speeds applying to all terrain types goes to AVE for his work on A17 mod "caravan speed fix."

Download options:
ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/games/rimworld/downloads/caravanoptions-b18#downloadsform
Steam Workshopt: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1245449378&searchtext=caravan

License: free use, modify, etc

sirgzu

Could you clarify what the values mean in the sliders?
The caravan multilier one is self explanatory I think.
All road sliders have values between 0.01 and 1 and default to 0.5
- is 0.5 the vanilla behaviour? In vanilla all roads double movement speed I believe
Is the multiplier applied on the standard time it takes to cross a tile rather than the caravan speed?
I know it's all semantics but I'd just like to confirm :)

Also what does "Pawn movement rate apply to terrain" mean exactly?

Harry_Dicks

Holy crap. I'm not even kidding when I say that I was actually asking about this mod yesterday, and I couldn't remember the name of it. How incredibly coincidental that this thread gets bumped today. THANK YOU! ;D

Plus, of course I didn't ask shotty. Who would ever want to talk to that guy?

wwWraith

sirgzu, you can find the details on its Steam page.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.