[Mod Request] A mod that allows getting hyperweave in a reliable way.

Started by Farhca, December 30, 2017, 11:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farhca

As the title says, I hope someone can make a mod that allows getting hyperweave in sufficient quantities. As of b18, the only way to get it is through buying it from traders who very rarely have it and even when they do it's like 200 or 300 max.
(I know that hyperweave can be obtained through recycling apparel too but I've never gotten an amount that is worth mentioning through this method).

I'm also aware that for instance Vegetable Garden and EPOE allow getting hyperweave but I'm trying to keep my game as vanilla as possible because it becomes unbearably laggy each time I use too many mods or use mods that are huge like the two I mentioned before.

What I'm looking for is a simple mod that makes hyperweave obtainable in a balanced way that won't ruin the game.

Kbforss

You could delete all the other things from the Veg Garden mod unless the hyperweave thing, message me if you dont manage this

BlackSmokeDMax

I think Extended Fabrics allows this: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.0

Not sure if it updated for B18 yet, you may need to look within thread to see if someone has updated it if main file is not up to date.

Albion

I would also like to mention my mod 'Sparkling Worlds'  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35373.0

It adds the possibility to craft a lot of items like hyperweave, synthread and neutroamine usually not craftable in the vanilla game while still being balanced.
There are also additional traders selling slightly larger quantities of uncommon items.

Farhca

Quote from: Kbforss on December 30, 2017, 12:10:13 PM
You could delete all the other things from the Veg Garden mod unless the hyperweave thing, message me if you dont manage this

I just tried to do this but I very much doubt that I did it correctly as I have 0 experience with programming, can I upload the modified mod somewhere so you can have a look?

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on December 30, 2017, 12:41:37 PM
I think Extended Fabrics allows this: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.0

Not sure if it updated for B18 yet, you may need to look within thread to see if someone has updated it if main file is not up to date.

This would have been perfect if not for the part where you have to process plants to get devilstrand and cloth. That's just useless grinding in my opinion and I prefer it the way it is in vanilla.

Quote from: Albion on December 30, 2017, 04:38:32 PM
I would also like to mention my mod 'Sparkling Worlds'  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35373.0

It adds the possibility to craft a lot of items like hyperweave, synthread and neutroamine usually not craftable in the vanilla game while still being balanced.
There are also additional traders selling slightly larger quantities of uncommon items.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion but I honestly don't want to change anything apart from making hyperweave obtainable/sold more often. Having stuff like neutroamine become craftable will change the way I play the game a lot so I'll save your mod for another playthrough!

CannibarRechter

> Thanks a lot for the suggestion but I honestly don't want to change anything apart from making hyperweave obtainable/sold more often.

You could create a patch, adding a inventory line to the exotic goods trader.

Edit: I went ahead and made the trader mod for you. You can find it in my downloads directory.  Two trader types will reliably sell hyperweave now: the Orbital Exotic Goods trader, and the land based Outlander Exotic Goods trader.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Farhca

Quote from: CannibarRechter on December 31, 2017, 09:03:02 AM
> Thanks a lot for the suggestion but I honestly don't want to change anything apart from making hyperweave obtainable/sold more often.

You could create a patch, adding a inventory line to the exotic goods trader.

Edit: I went ahead and made the trader mod for you. You can find it in my downloads directory.  Two trader types will reliably sell hyperweave now: the Orbital Exotic Goods trader, and the land based Outlander Exotic Goods trader.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!