[1.0] Parallel Power Grid (Parallel Conduits) (v1.6) (15.01.2019)

Started by Supes, January 21, 2018, 09:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supes

Parallel Power Grid (Parallel Conduits)

Description:
This allows you to use multiple layer of conduits on the same tile.

Additional Info
This mod adds Parallel Conduits in Red, Blue and Green.

these conduits don't allow devices to directly connect to them (consider them underground and out of reach), but link up to a Parallel Conduit Sockets instead.

A Parallel Conduit Socket is your bridge linking all conduit layers together (including normal conduits or power grid).

Power can go both ways, so it can draw from or charge up batteries if there is a lack/surplus of power.

Power will go directly to the sockets on the grid that power is required to go to, and will split between the sockets on the grid there.

Nexus Mods Link

Change Log
Changed the way Powernets are created
Changed the way sockets work

Added Green Conduit
Updated Socket Image

Fixed error when uninstalling an item while the overlay is active
Japanese translation added

Overlay/placeworker improvements
Chinese translation added

Credit
TheWireLord for Power Conduit Deconstruction Mod
青云 sk  for the Chinese translation
Proxyer for the Japanese translation

Parallel Power Grid (Parallel Conduits) by Supes is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Harry_Dicks

Rambus200

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 31, 2018, 06:38:19 AM
New Thread ? Or was it WIP before ?

I believe you're right. The other one was on the unfinished board, and this for the official release.

Supes

This a new thread for the official release.  I left a final post on the WIP thread before locking it off so any subscribers to the WIP thread would get notified

Supes

new update for you guys, mainly improvements for displaying the overlay. download buttons on the first post.

Included Chinese Language pack, thanks 青云 sk
Overlay/placeworker improvements

Supes

some small fixes for you guys, again the download button is on the first post.

Added the Japanese translation supplied by Proxyer
Fixed bug when uninstalling an item while the overlay is active

projectew

With a few of your objects on the map, my console is constantly spammed every half second with numbers unaccompanied by any errors or messages. Attached is a screenshot. Any idea what's going?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Supes

they're harmless messages, just leftover from testing when I printed specific output to the console.  I've uploaded a new version on the nexus that should remove these.

projectew

I figured, thanks for the response! It just made it difficult to find errors from other mods since they'd be washed out by the logs.

Supes

Asero

Almost like the heavy-watt wires and power-transformers in Oxygen Not Included. Now all you need to do is add is the ability to overload the grids and make them explode ;D

Also: Finally found a proper use for RT's Powerswitch, so thanks!

Supes

1.6 is now on nexus, will update steam workshop in a day or so

Been doing some major refactoring, grids connected together are now considered the same grid, parallel batteries also considered part of the net.  Sockets are no longer considered a power plant.

Changed the way Powernets are created
Changed the way sockets work

whyareuhere

Is there any way to transfer power between power grids? Say, a blue power grid to a red power grid or a normal color power grid (Rimworld default) to a blue power grid? So far, I've had to use sockets for every power transfer. Kinda sucks as nearby heaters, lights, etc. tend to latch onto that power socket.