Caring for elderly visitors

Started by RemingtonRyder, January 22, 2018, 01:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

Today I had some visitors to my colony.

One of them was 86, and had Alzheimer's, Bad Back and Frail.

He got to my colony just in time to flop on the ground from trivial malnutrition. I only learned about it because I got a notification about a wounded guest being taken by his faction.

Anyway, here's my suggestion. Instead of letting these elderly guests walk under their own power, and assuming that they should visit at all, please please please can they be carried to their destination by one of their younger friends?

Third_Of_Five

Quote from: MarvinKosh on January 22, 2018, 01:09:39 AM
Today I had some visitors to my colony.

One of them was 86, and had Alzheimer's, Bad Back and Frail.

He got to my colony just in time to flop on the ground from trivial malnutrition. I only learned about it because I got a notification about a wounded guest being taken by his faction.

Anyway, here's my suggestion. Instead of letting these elderly guests walk under their own power, and assuming that they should visit at all, please please please can they be carried to their destination by one of their younger friends?

Maybe there should be more strict parameters for how old/unhealthy pawns that spawn with an arriving group are allowed to be. Because, realistically, if a colony wants to start a trade caravan to go out and venture across rough terrain for months on end, they're not going to bring along the 80-year-old frail grandmother.

Mufflamingo

But that grandma has 20 Godlike social trading skills. She can sell anything!
Bleeeee. . . . .

Lemonater47

I had an 88 year old grandma pirate with cancer on a rib raid me.

She had a heart attack before she even got to fire a shot.

Though she's now 92 and still living with my colonists.