[MOD] (Alpha 7) TTM[Custom Events] v2.3d 5 New Events! Alpha 7!!

Started by minami26, June 05, 2014, 04:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearthezp

Exploding Cobra

I had a colony going for a few hours that was really close to finishing the ship, then the Black Void came and I drafted my colonists to hide in a lit bedroom, but then.....Eclipse. They pretty much starved/went insane due to starvation because the way to the kitchen wasn't protected by the light enough to stop the Void. I tried to rush it in desperation and lost two of my six, and the other four ended up starving to death and killing each other. "Losing is Fun" meets "Oh dear god please why no Cassandra why!"

shadowangel101

Is it just me or are the odds on the events where you risk losing a colonist way too stacked against them? I havn't had anyone survive one of those events even with a 94% chance to live.

Zurah

I was playing through with the mod today and had the event for the Raid Command Center come up where you have to either kill off the base or experience constant raids, managed to get my guys all the way there, with minimal injuries and a well defended base it wasn't too bad; however I noticed that I was unable to target fire the Command Center, no right click options, I could  however damage it with a Mortar from an earlier besiege... which was promptly destroyed by the cunning raiders.  Lucky for me it was early in the game and I hadn't been able to research mortars of my own so after a little while of trying to claim the building and deconstruct it, mine it, do anything really... I ended up just having to reload since there wasn't anything I could do...  Not sure if this is a bug or just my inability to figure out what I needed to do, I assumed I would have the ability to just target fire it once I got rid of everyone but after they started sending two and three waves of guys it just became too much for my peg-legged pirate king and his trusty sniper :c

DracoGriffin

Yes, to the above posts;

I'd really like to use this mod but many events seem "broken"; wish there was an easier way to select the events rather than commenting them out (in addition to trying to figure out what events really do without just picking the "easy" ones).
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

breakfastbrew

Quote from: shadowangel101 on October 12, 2014, 12:21:57 AM
Is it just me or are the odds on the events where you risk losing a colonist way too stacked against them? I havn't had anyone survive one of those events even with a 94% chance to live.

I agree. Losing the colonist is a bit extreme. If there is a way to have the colonist lose a limb it would be a better alternative.  The price of a colonist is far greater than a small amount of metal.

Vigilius

Had a big Problem with the abonomation it just don´t stop to explode.

Xentor

Yes this I had to once, till I killed it with the Developertools (The Abdomination) (Use Destroy at the center of the Explortion as long till it goes away)
Can it be that the most events happen only 1 time? (Black Void, Tornado, Flood.....) I had now some nice long games (till the Lag made it annoying) and the "Bigger" Events happened only once.
Oh and can it be made that the "hard" Events (like Black VOid and so) could not happen so early? It is a bit impossible to be ready for them after 1 hour :-)

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Rikiki

Black void is a really challenging and interresting event. :D

It may in my opinion be tweaked so we survive it by the force solution (not only anxiously waiting and praying for the light to come back :'():
* no infinite void creatures, just a limited number based on the colony wealth
* if you kill all of these, the black void "dark energy" vanishes and the event is finished
=> you can make a last stand under some light and survive (if you have enough ammunition and power ;D)
Also, it would be more immersive with solar panels not working during this event (maybe just fix the time to midnight during this event?).

----------------------------

Another thing about the tuskbeasts: at day 3 of my new colony, 2 tuskbeasts appeared on the map side. I decided to go and hunt them with me 3 colonists (2 pistols, 1 Lee-enfield, average of 6 in shooting skill).
* It was far too easy in my opinion, the beast being sooo slow I did even not had to move 1 of my colonist to lure it.
* I drag the body back to my butcher table, and I was literally gobbled up by the amount of meat generated by a single beast! :o
=> increase the tuskbeast movespeed, it's a carnivorous predator, not a tree-eater diplodocus! ;)
=> decrease dramatically the amount of meat generated (I know it may be hard as it it related to the animal health).

millenium

issue i ran into with custom events and animal husbandry. some of my colonists were taming squirrels at the same time as the event that kills all animals happened. the squirrels multiplied into the hundreds and killed some of my colonists but the multiplied squirrels were all domesticated so now i have them shoved into a small room in my base.

minami26

I have been toning down the events since, on the early version of custom events everyone would just die.. haha im a sadistic overlord lol. Please do provide some suggestions as to how to not let the colonists just die. :)

I have removed the explosions on the abomination on v2.3c that is one pesky bug. It shouldnt bother u guys anymore

@Xentor,, i have put a condition for most of the hard events to not occur early, maybe i should increase the strictness of the conditions a bit :)

@Rikiki these are good points!, one thing i have to clarify though is that this black void event is so silly easy,, WARNING!! SPOILER ALERT,,
!!
if you wall off your colony or you are inside a mountain base, because the voids only spawn outside and they can be prevented by just putting a light on your entrance :-)
!!
!!
Sure i could to that solar thingy :)

Ill increase the tuskbeasts ms by a little bit, theyre ferocious once you get hit its one limb off your colonist haha. Oh and i ddnt check about the meat multiplier thanks for specifying that!

@millenium, wow thats unlucky, a swarming squirrel army is not good! Thats the problem with the psychotic animals event, its not my event!! Its tynan's!! Haha

Romi

SasquatchM

Twice I have had the hyper tornado destroy my stone walls.  After the tornado passed, I queued up more walls to replace them, but my colonists will never actually build them and they have no right click menu to prioritize building them either.  I can build new walls immediately next to the location that the old walls were in, but not directly on top of them.

** After saving and restarting the game the walls were buildable

BinaryBlackhole

1. Mechanoid hive like the crashed ship but spawns mechanoids forever and has no penalty to sanity.
2.magnetic burst  damages anything made of  metal,
3. Alien worm a meteorite crashes breaks open and the alien worm comes out basically a centipede that tunnels through rock can be detected by ultrasound has a chance of leaving rocks or ore behind it.
4.Symbiote swarm if a symbiote attaches to a colonist the colonist will become stronger but need more food eventually the symbiote will make the colonist go mad then kill the colonist multiple syboites will then emerge from the corpse huntingfor anew victium.