[MOD] (Alpha 6) Cannons and Turrets v3.81

Started by PunisheR007, June 06, 2014, 07:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedComet

Somz

Okay I'm trying to figure something out and...
Didn't the previous version of this mod also contain research that increased the health, melee damage and hunger threshold of the colonists? Or was it another one? o-o
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

PunisheR007

Quote from: Cyst on July 29, 2014, 05:33:43 PM
Okay I'm trying to figure something out and...
Didn't the previous version of this mod also contain research that increased the health, melee damage and hunger threshold of the colonists? Or was it another one? o-o

I moved that feature to a seperate mod called enhanced slaves, for the people who didn't want enhanced slaves and enjoyed the rest of the mod.
Here's a link :)

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4990.0

PunisheR007

New version is up, with a new 20mm flak cannon. 4 shots per burst, same range reload time and accuracy as the artillery atm,
will balance more and add a new firing sound for flak. I should have that update up later tonight, just a few things i have to get done today and then i can get back to modding.

Cheers :)

Quote from: RedComet on July 29, 2014, 05:05:04 PM
How do i make cannon shells?

You can't make cannon shells atm, i will be working on something like that in the future for sure.
You can buy them from traders or have wreckage crash down in an event.
Don't worry there not to hard to come by.

Bog

If you're looking for another idea to add to your mod I'd suggest a Katyusha rocket launcher. (Here's a short youtube clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEBXkbX0z3o)

I imagine they'd have a reload time similar to a mortar, but shoot, say 6 smaller warheads in a burst giving them more firepower overall in exchange for being even more hopelessly inaccurate.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

PunisheR007

Quote from: Bog on July 30, 2014, 02:24:33 AM
If you're looking for another idea to add to your mod I'd suggest a Katyusha rocket launcher. (Here's a short youtube clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEBXkbX0z3o)

I imagine they'd have a reload time similar to a mortar, but shoot, say 6 smaller warheads in a burst giving them more firepower overall in exchange for being even more hopelessly inaccurate.

That is an awesome idea, im gonna get to work on that, i have made the firing sound for the kaytusha already, just need to make the texture and add it. With the flak i might just keep the same firing sound as the artillery for now.

Cheers for the idea Bog :)

Gabriel_Braun

PunisheR007

New version is up, with a new Kaytusha MRL (multiple rocket launcher), new research called rockets, which i will change to rocket science on next update, that allows for the kaytusha to be built.
LOL i didn't notice tristan had snuck into the pic, ohh well i'll fix it later.

muffins

You work so fast! Going to try this now  ;D

PunisheR007

Somz

Quote from: PunisheR007 on July 29, 2014, 09:57:11 PM

I moved that feature to a seperate mod called enhanced slaves, for the people who didn't want enhanced slaves and enjoyed the rest of the mod.
Here's a link :)

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4990.0

Right, saw the mod but didn't notice, didn't check the creator. Awesome, thanks! ^^
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

harpuea

This mod is great, but I feel that the mod is too powerful. 2 Artillery Canon is enough to decimate any and all enemies I encountered withing 2 year in game play time. Including multiple Mechanoid AI core events. Building anymore is just overkill. The reason being is that the cannons are not supplies constrained. You only need ammo once to build them and don't need ammo to keep firing. As long as you have enough power, you can pretty much kill any force that dares enter the map.

To balance them, I would suggest the respective cannon requiring ammunition for each shot via a hopper. You can make your custom hopper and call it a "Magazine" if you wish. That way it would provides a balanced and conscious decision to whether unload all your stored fire power or saves some for later enemies. Also, it could help differentiates each type of canon and its ammo usage beyond just resource requirement for construction. IE Flak requiring one shell for 6 shot burst. Artillery have larger blast radius but takes longer to fire 1 shell. Kaytusha fires missiles fast but have smaller blast radius and accuracy. ETC. And if enemies attack you when you run out of shells and missiles, it is once again time for small arms fire fight.

Right now the cannons is just build to win, which is quite boring in the long run.

PunisheR007

Well thats basically it in a nutshell, cannons are OP, when Tynan decides to add ammo for turrets in xml def, then i will change it for sure. Soz i don't know any c#, so can't build .dll's :(. I'll work on re-balancing them, and i was thinking to have the kaytusha fire incendiary rockets.
Plz Tynan, get ammo defined in xml for guns and turrets PLZ, infinite ammo is very boring, and all guns that are in the game should have ammo, be more realistic, and this kind of realism wouldn't wreck any part of the game at all. lol

muffins

They don't feel overpowered if you have an outside colony (even with walls) and you're facing 100+ pirates. They're tricky to use in that situation, especially if you've filled the map with buildings and fortifications. These cannons will OBLITERATE your buildings lol

Jaxxa

Quote from: RedComet on July 29, 2014, 05:05:04 PM
How do i make cannon shells?
My Omni Gel mod allows you to produce cannon shells and missiles.

Quote from: PunisheR007 on August 03, 2014, 05:25:06 AM
Well thats basically it in a nutshell, cannons are OP, when Tynan decides to add ammo for turrets in xml def, then i will change it for sure. Soz i don't know any c#, so can't build .dll's :(. I'll work on re-balancing them, and i was thinking to have the kaytusha fire incendiary rockets.
Plz Tynan, get ammo defined in xml for guns and turrets PLZ, infinite ammo is very boring, and all guns that are in the game should have ammo, be more realistic, and this kind of realism wouldn't wreck any part of the game at all. lol
I am going to have a look at the code and see if I can mod in Turret Ammo.

Edit: So turrets using ammo is looking very promising. I have a prototype turret using ammo working.  There are still a few bugs and everything is hard coded, hopefully I can get them sorted and get something up Wednesday or over the Weekend.