[M|0.4.462] Mac rendering Bugs

Started by TheBunny, June 06, 2014, 11:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBunny

Bug 1.

on a intel 4000 GPU the building shadows render as dithered.
It looks like some z fighting basically.

Bug 2. On a 13" MBP  intel 4000 GPU. Game runs fine and most of the GUI works just fine... a few controls do not adjust for the smaller screen. Example the Overview Window can not be closed.  13" is the most sold Mac screen size these days.

--- Chris, Lead OSX engineer on ESO.

BTW love the game so far.

TheBunny

Follow up.

On a 13" Screen if you enter full screen mode and then go into options and click in the current screen resolution.. the game windows all seem to function.

Whats unclear is if the default res is 1 level lower then  the screen res at launch.

Anyhow so far it looks like the GUI does scale but hat that the default res on launch is not the actually current screen res.

Vylsok

Confirming same bug on Retina MBP using Intel Iris.

StorymasterQ

I don't think Tynan has any Mac support. I do believe he'd greatly appreciate any troubleshooting you Mac users can give him.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Vylsok

Quote from: StorymasterQ on July 13, 2014, 09:51:35 PM
I don't think Tynan has any Mac support. I do believe he'd greatly appreciate any troubleshooting you Mac users can give him.

I'm more than willing.  I also have access to several variations across the past few years I can play around with....a perk of my job as it were :)

TheBunny

Quote from: Vylsok on July 12, 2014, 02:42:02 PM
Confirming same bug on Retina MBP using Intel Iris.

Follow up ... many months later... sorry.
Forum needs to email me about replies I guess... maybe thats a setting?

Anyhow

Gen 1 Mac Book Pro Retun 13" did not have a intel iris.

I posted the actual GPU specs etc originally.

The Iris PRO drivers were buggy on launch when they first shipped.
I had to patch around some shader bugs in ESO in fact... rain would just not work for example.  Iris driver / gl stack would get confused and need a reset.

Intel 4000 drivers seem much more bug free then the 5000 series.

PS:

Ok looking over my original bug I doubt this is a GPU bug at all
seems like a bug in the code telling the game what screen resolutions are available.

I think RimWorld is made in Unity(?) and this should be handled by them for the most part.