[B19] Cassandra Hardcore

Started by Wanderer_joins, February 17, 2018, 05:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drglord

Raid take into account only your wealth as i know. His storyteller was modded to give roughly a guy for each trap and a "centipede" for a turret (as he said) hence making building defenses a double edge sword. I could be wrong though...

Wanderer_joins

That's it.

Turrets and traps can feed a positive feedback loop: more mechs, more plasteel, more plasteel traps. With progressive combat points they are still usefull early game but will be a liability in the end game.

Drglord

So you left the cassandra hardocore on steam and have on dropbox cassie? Why is that?

Wanderer_joins

Because initially Crazy Cassie was for testing, so it conflicted with Cassandra Hardcore.

I've rebuilt it properly to remove the conflict and included a warning in its description, it's a very difficult start, and then it remains harder than Cassandra Hardcore.

Drglord

Can we get some non steam links for us weirdos that have non steam versions and haven't (or don't want to get their steam key). Also loved how crazy stuff started getting in 3rd  year abd 500.000 colony :) Love it

Wanderer_joins

Yeah, 500k colony year 3 is a tipping point where you can feel the gap is windening with Cassandra Classic. It's all the idea of this storyteller, it's very sensitive to wealth.

If you control your wealth you can keep things under control, at least to launch the ship. If you min max hardcore, you can survive almost indefinitely. If your wealth starts piling up above 1M, good luck :D

I've added dropbox links

Harry_Dicks

Awesome, thank you!

Any future plans for more storyteller mods or adding on anything to these?

Also, in the future it does make it a bit easier for us end users if your DropBox uploads have a "base" folder for when you go to extract them. Not a big deal for me, but I'm sure there's going to be a few out there who aren't sure. ;)

Drglord

1st you rock... 2nd i know it's knitpicking but the 2nd graph doesnt show days (i am guessing it's the same with the first?) so i can't figure out the difference between hardcore and crazy.
3rd You kinda solved the late game problem. I liked playing long games but after let just say year 2 vanilla raids were just blahhh... Even with mods like dire raids, mechanoid extraordinaire, rimsenal etc. I thought i had the game under wraps until  the 3rd year a dire raid (x2 points once per year attack)
of tribals produced 100 or more tribals and wrecked me i loved it.

Wanderer_joins

The difference is huge, first the threat scale on the graph:

Crazy is similar to Pandora early game, with a slightly quicker pace, hardcore really takes off the third year.

Then you don't have the same discount on the threat points as you've with Classic or Hardcore.

Here year 3, 500k, 18 colonists you'll get roughly 7500 points raids with Pandora, 6500 points raids with Crazy, 3500 points raids with Hardcore, and 2400 with Classic.

But i'll check the various versions and update steam if something's off

Harry_Dicks

Those slants for the different years are throwing me off. I'm not a graph expert or anything, but I always thought that for example where year whatever is, then it was just a straight line up? Hmm, not a big deal, but I don't get it now :-\

RyanRim

Just started using it, makes much more sense than vanilla cassandra and Im also lucky with lots of events.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Wanderer_joins

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 22, 2018, 11:04:43 AM
Those slants for the different years are throwing me off. I'm not a graph expert or anything, but I always thought that for example where year whatever is, then it was just a straight line up? Hmm, not a big deal, but I don't get it now :-\

It's because it's a work around to project 3d on a 2d soft: https://i.imgur.com/9OmaKpX.gifv

The y axis is ok, the x axis has a slant

Quote from: RyanRim on February 22, 2018, 11:15:16 AM
Just started using it, makes much more sense than vanilla cassandra and Im also lucky with lots of events.

I wish you the best  8)

Drglord

Also not to ruin your day but on a brand new game with hardcore i still get these messages... wonder if i am the only one and it's on my end

Wanderer_joins

I hope this comes from an old formula on dropbox when i rebuild crazy and hardcore separately. I ran the steam versions without errors yesterday and my local versions seem ok too with the new build.

I'll triple check :)

Edit: Local and steam versions are still working on my end, i guess/hope it's the dropbox versions which were outdated. I've directly put the current steam versions on dropbox
Edit2: I actually still have a few of them. I'm trying to optimize the formula and see if it's acceptable, like when pawns can't reserve something, or if we've to get rid of the combat points
Edit3: I couldn't get rid of these residual errors without removing the turrets and traps combat points

Drglord

Dude well done AGAIN. It seems you squashed all the bugs i think i saw only 1 error message the whole run....