Fire causing lag, and no GPU rendering?

Started by pbgben, June 08, 2014, 04:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbgben

Hello, I did a search for GPU and Rendering but found nothing related, so here's my post.

I was playing 466 AlphaF and around day 15 a large fire started, which would be fine had it not dropped the FPS to 1...

It got me wondering, and apon checking my system stats I found out that RIM does NOT seem to utilize the GPU? I haven't gone much further into any debugging stuff as I don't feel its necessary...

Picture: http://grab.by/xzBc
Specs: http://grab.by/xzBq

Celthric Aysen

Its not only the fire its also the Rain and the Fog that's causing lag
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Psyckosama

Nerek21

I'm running into the same issue. Game runs at a crawl during fog, rain and especially fire. It also slows down when I zoom out and pan across the map if there is a lot of wildlife. I never had this problem in Alpha 3. Was able to run the large maps all day long, but now have to use medium maps and it helps but still stutters a lot. Is there any fix for this or something we will have to wait till the next alpha to fix . . . . ????

pbgben

Can someone confirm that its not using the GPU? Tynan?

Architect

I don't think that optimisation is currently a concern of Tynan's as I was under the impression he was more for adding new and stable content over quick running time unless it was absolutely necessary. He has a very mechanical logic style approach to development; what is going to have the biggest impact for the least time spent making it style. That is likely why nothing is being doing on the GPU if that is the case, because he is adding new content over spreading the computational load.

That being said, I don't really understand how the GPU works, and I don't know exactly how Tynan's mind works XD Just what I see and what he has said, so take what I have stated here with a pinch of salt.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.