[MOD] (Alpha 6) Trap Pack (v .45) -Now compatible with Apparello's gas-masks!

Started by superpirson, June 10, 2014, 05:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta Omega

Quote from: superpirson on August 22, 2014, 05:39:38 PM
Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 22, 2014, 05:28:49 PM
Question, can you add more traps that wont kill raiders...more free colony growth
Ehh, I kinda wanted to do that with the electrified floor, however I am worried about balancing that sort of thing. After all, It would hardly be fair if you could just knock attackers out and assimilate them.

That being said, I kinda want to do this anyways. I may add a anesthetizing poison or gas, that would disable people without killing them.
Ah so knock out gas, Clever

superpirson

ok, so I took your advice, the electrified floor is now way more complicated, and a whole lot more awesome. there are now several modes, which are explained in game, one of which causes pain but not death, allowing you to incapacitate attackers more easily.
also, there is a new texture for the refinery by somz, but it is still a stand-in for an even more awesome texture on it's way!

Also, a trader has been added! it is called a Defense Trader, and they sell and buy mines and explosives.
specs: mid2009 MBP OSX 10.9.3 NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Iwillbenicetou

I love using this mod with the Apparello mod. Though not all the gas masks work. I think that the gas mask I used may have been from another mod... Though now I can't reconize any of my colonists...
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

superpirson

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 24, 2014, 05:32:37 PM
I love using this mod with the Apparello mod. Though not all the gas masks work. I think that the gas mask I used may have been from another mod... Though now I can't recognize any of my colonists...

what is the name of the mod/what is the name of the mask? did you update Apparello?

what do you mean you can't recognize your colonists? did their faces change?

Bruvvy

superpirson

Quote from: Bruvvy on August 24, 2014, 06:43:23 PM
gasmasks are gas is really unique

Modder has encountered a sintax error, cannot parse line.

Thanks! The gas took quite a bit of work, but now I have a reliable animated thing object written.

Zeta Omega

Iwillbenicetou

superpirson

I'm afraid you'll have to re-download both. it shouldn't break any saves though, so that's something.

The slow movement is intentional, the idea is that the presence of the gas has largely blinded it's victims, even with the gas masks on.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: superpirson on August 24, 2014, 09:09:00 PM
The slow movement is intentional, the idea is that the presence of the gas has largely blinded it's victims, even with the gas masks on.

I know. And I like it.

Shinzy

Just as a notice! (Self explanatory perhaps but  ::) ) you can see if the item has poison resistance by clicking on the info
button of the helmet
There *should* be like 4 (and counting) different masks with it in there. So if you find a gasmask with no resistance that's probably just me forgetting to put it in it =P or not part of my mod at all!

superpirson

Quote from: Shinzy on August 25, 2014, 04:04:10 AM
-snip-

I could only find two three gas masks, but I couldn't find any problems with those.
also, if you want to create clothing with electrical resistance or explosive resistance, you are welcome to do so  :)
I can make injury defs for just about anything, so if you have any other ideas just let me know!

Shinzy

Quote from: superpirson on August 25, 2014, 12:46:36 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on August 25, 2014, 04:04:10 AM
-snip-

I could only find two three gas masks, but I couldn't find any problems with those.
also, if you want to create clothing with electrical resistance or explosive resistance, you are welcome to do so  :)
I can make injury defs for just about anything, so if you have any other ideas just let me know!
Electric defence sounds useful for the future but I don't have any plans for anything that could in any "feasible" way have resistance to that =P so it's not necessary!

superpirson

Hi all! first off, I should say that I have been busy with school, so I haven't been working on as many new features as usual, but I figured it would be a good time to work on some balance fixes and improvements.

Currently, Somz and I are working on some visual improvements and some more early game traps (currently, all we have is a wall arrow trap).

Right now though, I can't do too much new coding without having to redo my work for the next update, so that means balance time! what's not working? what is too hard to get? what is too powerful? what sells for too much silver? I need answers to these questions, so if anyone finds a problem, please post here!

Necrosin

Great mod. Might be an idea for your primitive section, but pungee sticks would be a nice simple low tech trap to add defense to sand bags.
DM: "You hear something up ahead in the mist."
Lacey: "I throw a stick at it."
DM: "At the Mist?"
Lacey: "Yes."
DM: 0_o