Official: Japanese

Started by folexe, June 12, 2014, 07:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proxyer

I can only thank you for your prompt action.

I think the confusion that has happened in the Japanese community will be settled. We hope for better translation work after more discussion.

sasacha223

thank you very much!
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!

Namsan

Hello

ukn

k2ymg

I'm a Japanese. I don't know what happening on Japanese communities since I'm not watch them for long time. I have, but, an empathy to who tried update origin because it's low quality.

For example, backstory SpeederRacer2 has translated like as:

E:
"He found his first love in speeder racing, zipping in and out of the massive canopies and gorgeous vistas of his homeworld."

E -> J -> E:
"He love speeder racing, it's can able to see the gorgeous vistas of his homeworld viewing through the large wind-shield, wearing racing suit."

So, I decided all rewrite for myself, and almost completed. The result put on GitHub but I never send any marge requests because this is completely different style from original. I.g. All nouns left as English. Even 'cow'. My translation style is odd. It's mixing Japanese and English. (cryptosleep is cryptosleep. I think that it's cannot translate to any other. Official Japanese translation, however, translate it to 'cryosleep' as Japanese.) So, I didn't collaborate to official translation. But, I have thought that if translation provided as mod, I can distribute it on Steam.

By the way, 'warlordess' (backstory Warlordess14) is only for female? I was going to ask about this today :)

Tynan

Translation is complex.

My personal thought is that you don't need to translate literally; you should change it enough to sound 100% natural in Japanese.

As long as the important information matches, and the emotion matches, it's okay.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

k2ymg

Yes, I, 100%, agree to you.

(But... look! where is 'zipping-in-and-out' semantic? it's turned to a racing suit! canopies isn't wind-shield! it's a part of forest! Most of the Backstories are junks unfortunately... :'(

In my opinion; Development of RW is almost completed but if the languages would provided as MOD, we can distribute its alternate version easily, you could update the game and each languages separately, and can avoid bothers like me or who trying to change the master repo. :P)

denev

Hello, Tynan.
I am sorry to trouble you. I have been removed from official GitHub, but "develop" branch remains.
It is my translation, then I'm afraid it confuse future other volunteers.
Could you delete "develop" branch? Thanks.

denev

I have continued to translate as steam Mod instead of the official GitHub.

My translation file contains both modified text from official and unmodified text same as official.
(Because my mod is work in progress.)

I have a question.
Should I remove the unmodified text before release?
And also the English comments too?
I want to make sure that the copyright of the text has no problem.

matoge

Hi, I am new to translating Rimworld.

I will slowly make PRs when I find any Japanese translation errors. Thanks.