[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

To Last person who deleted their post (for some reason) :  Said something about harnesses and character creation, poster explained that they didn't like harnesses spawning for everyone and their grandma and it started to cramp everyone else's style.

Here's what I've done:
- Rimmu-Nation clothing will not spawn for starting colonists unless you use Prepare Carefully
- Multiple outfits are uncraftable and can only be gained by trading or scavenging
- New category system, a lot tidier and easier to assign uniforms

So I noted down what you said even though you used the Infinity Gauntlet to erase it from history.

Rimmu-Nation: Clothing - B19 Early Access
Nobody is dreaming here, not even me cause I'm still awake. I finished the mod sooner than expected, I suppose that's what you get if you have no social life and nobody looking for you out there to care about you.

Layed down in my bed all day like any sane human would coding this thing, it's now Monday and I am supposed to wake up right now according to my alarm. GG.

Military Furniture B19

Chicken Mitchell Hairs B19

Previews:

When all these are done there will be solid variety and all that good stuff. I really like the customization achieved with this update, lots of other video game characters can now be in Rimworld getting killed by the player's bad decisions.

In the meantime, I have to go get myself killed because of my bad decisions in real life, get showered and smash through the day without dropping face first in the concrete. Have fun lads, let me know if you find issues with Rimmu-Nation Clothing, I believe everything is in order, but you never know.

ninjaklan

CP, just downloaded this! There seems to be a few bugs with this one? My machining table seems bugged - I can open it but can't add new bills? Also, some of the clothing items dissapear completely when worn?

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: ninjaklan on September 24, 2018, 05:11:39 AM
CP, just downloaded this! There seems to be a few bugs with this one? My machining table seems bugged - I can open it but can't add new bills? Also, some of the clothing items dissapear completely when worn?

Hello, I'm at MPCT at weekdays. Currently my elbows are bleeding and my trousers are covered in mud, London weather is freezing cold.

I'll have to investigate at Friday mate, but I highly assume this is a mod conflict cause I had everything working well. Could you please give me the console errors? Maybe that will give me a clue

Chicken Plucker

Did a test playthrough, issues found:

- "Joel" hairstyle incorrectly named in texture folder for different directions, so it will show front view for all sides
- RN Clothing Bench hasn't been labelled properly or given research cost to unlock
- Harnesses and backpacks can't be crafted in RN clothing bench, I think they're using the vanilla tailor table

What's the plan after?
- Fix furniture mod, RN camping stuff may now be obsolete and merged with the military furniture mod
- RN weapons need rifles done so I can finish it all

I will update the links soon as I get home from college today. (Gonna get beasted at PT, LETS HAVE IT THEN!)

sumghai

Always a pleasure using your mods, Chicken Plucker. Looking forward to the RN Weapons, furniture and faction outfit packs.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: sumghai on September 28, 2018, 12:31:44 AM
Always a pleasure using your mods, Chicken Plucker. Looking forward to the RN Weapons, furniture and faction outfit packs.

Thank you! I also love your hair mod because you know as the say "if you don't have the hair, you won't even care" probably not a real saying

Guys I apologise, I patched the issues but I fell asleep before uploading the updates. I'll sort it out today after college cause it's Friday

Next plan is for a few more hairs and furniture mod

Edit: updated all now, existing problems listed should be patched

Ink.

Hey CP! I didn't see this in the list of known issues above and so I figured I'd bring it up. I think there's an issue with RN apparel and mass. In my colony, I have two outfit types. One uses RN gear for my combatants and one uses vanilla apparel for my workers/medics. The workers can set up a caravan no problem and have no issue, but if I send my RN guys, the GUI gets all buggy and sometimes doesn't even work. Mass doesn't display right when forming the caravan and because of that, you cannot send these guys out as it assumes there's none at all.

E: I've found that when I set all my colonists to use vanilla apparel, I can form caravans/droppods pretty easily, but the second the dot gets on the world screen I cannot do anything with the caravan. It becomes trapped and I cannot order it to go anywhere or interact with anything. And all of the GUI is replaced with an error message. If you'd like to see the error, I can up you some screenshots of it. I do notice that at one point it references CPBackpacks.HarmoneyBackpacks.Capacity_PostFix.

It is worth knowing though that none of my colonists are using these backpacks at the moment and we're not bringing any of them with us.

Not sure if it's something you knew about but figure I'd mention.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Ink. on September 29, 2018, 08:22:56 PM
It becomes trapped and I cannot order it to go anywhere or interact with anything. And all of the GUI is replaced with an error message. If you'd like to see the error, I can up you some screenshots of it. I do notice that at one point it references CPBackpacks.HarmoneyBackpacks.Capacity_PostFix.

Alright, well from how you've described this error, I haven't seen it happen to me during testing nor has anyone ever brought it up. I'm thinking this may be a mod conflict.

Did you copy that reference or did you write it? I noticed it says "harmoney" not "harmony". Please copy the full error for me and paste it here since it may be something only Jecrell can understand and fix, not me. Oi do that by clicking on it's red text error, the console should have some kind of explanation box with more detail.

So far what I'm assuming, is you have another mod loaded above Rimmu-Nation clothing that has a harmony.dll similar to it that could be outdated. What could work for now judging by what you've said, is loading Rimmu-Nation Clothing over most of your mods, just under Jecs tools and all that.

I'll standby here, I need ALL the details cause this has never shown up for me during testing, especially since I use a limited amount of mods to test.

Another issue found that will be patched for RNC

- DCU jacket side position shows back, will update when I get back from grocery.

Progress report on Rimmu-Nation weapons:
- Added the new SIG Tread many people in the gun community are going nuts about, it's a semi auto rifle just like the Bushmaster XM-15 with different stats.
- Coded new categories system
- Tweaked how 5.7mm bullets work
- New sounds, working on AKs at the moment
- Will add a few Canadian Armed Forces weapons for their possible faction release

Madman666

Good to hear about progress! Randy s been absolute ahole, keeps raiding me every other day... Dunno what to do with prisoners.

Chicken Plucker

RN: Clothing updated to fix DCU jacket issues, currently added a few new Canadian military used weapons, list keeps growing cause I might just make Canadians show up on your front door with their Ketchup potato chips and Gatorade offering a helping hand.

Ink.

@CP — It's highly possible that it's a mod conflict. However; I have moved it up in my modlist towards the beginning and I still face the same issue. I'll definitely be manually seeking mod conflicts.

Here's a link to the log: https://git.io/fxJGN

Please advise if this is more an issue elsewhere so I can hopefully help narrow down for the bug report and my own adjustments.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Ink. on September 30, 2018, 08:31:32 PM
@CP — It's highly possible that it's a mod conflict. However; I have moved it up in my modlist towards the beginning and I still face the same issue. I'll definitely be manually seeking mod conflicts.

Here's a link to the log: https://git.io/fxJGN

Please advise if this is more an issue elsewhere so I can hopefully help narrow down for the bug report and my own adjustments.

I'm seeing lots of issues with Portable Power Generator, what's that all about?

Here, I asked Jecrell about Harmony, noticing there's different versions for each mod, it seems to not be the issue. Might be a silly request, but if you ran a test with just RN:Clothing if you can somehow save your modlist, does the issue still show up?

If not, then I am gonna pull on strings and assume maybe it's another mod affecting the backpacks, and I don't know what it is. I'm genuinely befuddled cause I haven't ran into this issue, and I don't believe Jecrell can reproduce it himself (afraid to ask in the first place, cause he's super busy)

First thing I'd look at is Portable Power, if it is what's breaking things, or if RN:C works on its own, in order to confirm it's doing nothing wrong. It's incompatibility for sure

dninemfive

Just want to point out to Ink. that they can save their modlist by going to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config and renaming ModsConfig.xml.

Chicken Plucker

I got it Ink, pardon for the frustration you might be going through here if I'm on about how I haven't run into it.

I have now and it's a confirm that the backpacks are funky, it's not a mod conflict.

Replicated the issue after a big purchase, lots of silver taken away from our inventory, thing ended up causing a big error spam and here we are. I sent the details to Jec, I can only wait for him to sort it out. I surely hope he does, if he doesn't then my backup plan will be to remove the backpacks.

I know that sucks cause backpacks are cool, but it's only a contingency plan.

Chicken Plucker

02/10/2018: Fixed the backpack issue, thanks to Jecrell.
Finished Early Access mods:
Note: May be awaiting additional content or release for Steam.

THE HUGE DOWNLOAD BUTTON

THE HUGE DOWNLOAD BUTTON

Sorta finished mod:
Note: Pretty much finished on it's own, no known bugs. Might however be merged with "Military Furniture"

A phone call away

Description:
Enables calls through the red phone to ask for free reinforcements upon +70 relations, and a mission board that allows you to pay silver to recruit or start missions.
THE HUGE DOWNLOAD BUTTON

Unfinished test mod:
Warning: Contains unfinished coding, will be messy, might break saves when official version is released.

Description:
Lots of work need to be done on workbenches, research, weapontag balancing and need to add all weapons. I don't know when it's gonna be finished, I won't put deadlines down anymore.
THE HUGE DOWNLOAD BUTTON

Links are pretty much the same for Rimmu-Nation Clothing, but I separated the test pack just so I don't have to zip them over and over again. Backpack issue is fixed, if it has broken saves then they should now be working, Jecrell did quite the work there.

Rimmu-Nation weapons have most of the old AK style weapons done, few new weapons added, such as:

SNIPEX-75

Okay I'm too tired to list any more and it's 11PM. Just know that this rifle uses a stronger cartridge than .50 BMG and I just had to add it in.

Preview Art:
Concept for Rimmu-Nation + Chicken Mitchell hairs

"The Evil Within"

"Resident Evil"

"Left 4 Dead"

"Tomb Raider"

"John Wick"

"Last of Us"

Edit: Rip, thought this post would be page 12, guess not. Oh well, I'm gonna sleep before I die tommorrow, if anyone's save was broken by the backpack issue, it's fixed now.