[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Rocket_Raccoon

Looking good!
Here is a screenshot with several of your clothing items from rimmu nation visible.
Your artwork is simply on a top level together with Ods. A+
Can´t wait for all your other great stuff to be 1.0 available( especially us and brits)
€: more craftable items like tuques, gasmasks and stuff would be nice. With the right mods it is not cluttered at all.
Missed the woodland/multicam tuques for the winter.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Skynert

My UI dissappear when I try use spell from RimWorld of Magic and have full list of errors https://git.io/fpTWh I asked there and its not fault of this. But I see in this something about rimmunation. ;/

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on November 08, 2018, 12:14:39 PM
Looking good!
Here is a screenshot with several of your clothing items from rimmu nation visible.
Your artwork is simply on a top level together with Ods. A+
Can´t wait for all your other great stuff to be 1.0 available( especially us and brits)
€: more craftable items like tuques, gasmasks and stuff would be nice. With the right mods it is not cluttered at all.
Missed the woodland/multicam tuques for the winter.

Hey there, thanks for the screenshots! I rarely do see people playing with me mods.

Here's a backlog of issues need fixing that accumulated
Rimmu-Nation Clothing
- Move all shell textures by one column of pixels to the right due to a centering issue. The issue was a domino effect caused by funky textures within the extracted vanilla files.

Example (warning, contains drawn nudity)

Domino bloody effect. 1,000+ textures now require moving, so far I have only done onskins.

- Complaints about bloody tribals putting winter outfits on. Caused by the game forcing tribals to wear certain clothing with certain temperature stats, hardcoded by the devs and far from access to the average scrub modder such as yours trully.

Solution for now, similar to Spoonshortage's, she made tribal parkas and headgear that they spawn with 100% of the time, even when it isn't winter. I recommend her apparel mod if you're really bothered by this issue for the time being, while I try to find my time to do my own.

- Nerfing offsets, couple of complaints about offsets being too stronk for clothing. I'm gonna just fold and nerf the bloody stats before I get more because I am this close to binging on Haribos to deal with all the bloody complaints about the offsets, which I really like being the way they are at the moment.

Red Horse Furniture

- Shuffle feature. Waiting on Jecrell, bloody MIA mate
- Wall of Shame bug with thingclass, I have no idea, untested so far

Rimmu-Nation Weapons

- Bloody magic and sci-fi bullets don't work together. Waiting on Jecrell too since both mods rely on Jecstools or Jec's coding but he's MIA. Legends never die, they're just missing in action.

Bloody hair mod

- Missing hairs innit

Bloody faction mods

- All missing innit

Everything else mods

- Nope, still not here mate

Girlfriend

- Probably have a higher chance finishing all my mods and leaving the British Army still modding before such a person stops missing

Money

- Well, it does come every now and then every 4 weeks but it just disappears mate. Bloody Haribos.

Quote from: Skynert on November 09, 2018, 07:10:44 AM
My UI dissappear when I try use spell from RimWorld of Magic and have full list of errors https://git.io/fpTWh I asked there and its not fault of this. But I see in this something about rimmunation. ;/

It's both of our stuff, Rimworld of Magic uses Jecstools and my extension was made by Jecrell. I replicated the issue and tested magic even though I don't like the dark arts (because it's an abomination) and I passed the problem on to Jecrell.

Still waiting for my shuffle, honestly speaking without trying to be all negative here, I don't think this will be something Jecrell will fix anytime soon. I'm positive he sees my stuff when I send it, but he probably slips away and pretends he was never there like I do when I'm bloody busy. I'll patiently keep on waiting.

For the time being, I deem Rim of Magic incompatible with Rimmu-Nation Weapon and unfortunately, one of the two mods need to be disabled for your save. *sniff* goodbye guns.

Finished me training. I'm tired. Ran home, guess what? See a bloody black area in the dark near a tree to cut corners, turns out it's not a patch of grass, it's a ditch. Get a sprain, owie.

Sprainie, mod problemos instead of moving on to new content. It's okay, the only easy day was yesterday.

Hope some progress is made this weekend, but I have to attend Memorial Service at Sunday and sort out other Military stuffy wuffy at next week so Her Majesty's Armed Forces can interview me for a job innit. Cheers.

Madman666

You do realise, you don't need to comply with every single whine-post claiming something s too powerful, mate? Modding should be fun, which involves leaving some things the way you feel is right. Even those uber-powerful 50cal snipers i told you about. You don't wanna change them? Well - don't do it then and just say you don't want to. Some people will understand. Some people will whine. Clever people will edit xml files. Life will go on.

Skynert

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on November 09, 2018, 05:30:27 PM
*sniff* goodbye guns.

Why? Goodbye magic I say. I prefer lost my colony with nuclear blast than lost guns from RimmunationTM

And I love QRF (They win battle against dwarfs bandits) There is no screensot becouse they too large :(

Madman666

See, CP? Who needs magic, when we can be tacticool!!

Chicken Plucker

Download links for latest update is in front page of this post

Rimmu-Nation Clothing

- Nerfed Onskin bonus stat offsets HEAVILY (for accuracy and pain bonuses) and completely removed some unecessary offsets
- Jackets now have no accuracy or pain threshold bonuses added (except for the Ghillie suit, accuracy nerfed to 5%)
- Helmet stats untouched
- Ghillie suit hood accuracy nerfed to 5%
- Clothing bench now faces the right way
- Re-centered textures for apparel (bloody hell it took so long but this one sentence makes it seem so short)
- Rimmu-Nation Clothing All Craftable version also updated

Red Horse Furniture - No issues relating to the wall of shame was found, mustve been a mod conflict

Quote from: Madman666 on November 09, 2018, 08:21:29 PM
You do realise, you don't need to comply with every single whine-post claiming something s too powerful, mate? Modding should be fun, which involves leaving some things the way you feel is right. Even those uber-powerful 50cal snipers i told you about. You don't wanna change them? Well - don't do it then and just say you don't want to. Some people will understand. Some people will whine. Clever people will edit xml files. Life will go on.

No no, it's absolutely right. I checked the Onskins and jackets, most of them were adding up to 15-20% accuracy altogether which was unintended. I didn't nerf the helmets at all but I nerfed the accuracy and pain threshold added by onskins, completely removing some of those for jackets apart from the ghillie suit

Here's what I said on steam:
"Hello guys so the nerfing has taken place. I read the wiki page for how accuracy works and I disagree that 5% is much for helmets.

However, looking at the onskins and jackets, they also added 5% for many of the commonly used onskin, these also added pain threshold meaning even your average raiders won't get downed so easily and would probably die before they do so.

patch details are here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/1541536041

Altogethere we are talking up to 20% accuracy added with the right set, and 20% pain endurance. This wasn't good at all especially in the wrong hands. You are less likely to capture prisoners, you are more likely to get bloody shot in the head.

Combats has had their accuracy lowered to 1% and pain stats to 2%, ghillie suit set has been nerfed to only add up to 10% accuracy now (don't forget, future RH factions will use this) and jackets apart from the ghillie suit no longer add any pain stat or accuracies at all."

Quote from: Skynert on November 10, 2018, 04:46:06 AM
Quote from: Chicken Plucker on November 09, 2018, 05:30:27 PM
*sniff* goodbye guns.

Why? Goodbye magic I say. I prefer lost my colony with nuclear blast than lost guns from RimmunationTM

And I love QRF (They win battle against dwarfs bandits) There is no screensot becouse they too large :(

I use Imgur for screenshots, but it's no worries. I feel all teary eyed and happy you would choose tacticool weapons over magic, makes my sprain just about go away knowing you can administer freedum' without the need of dark arts.

Sorted out a few issues that needed sorting, massive progress in terms of bug crushing and balancing. Big day tommorrow for remembrance day, gonna get to march with the army, royal marines and navy assuming this bloody sprain goes away. Cheers

Chicken Plucker

Rimmu-Nation Weapons

- MIL-SPEC series, M4A1, M4A1 SD and M16A4. All uncraftable, intended for the US Military with plain gunmetal coloring and with military specification attachments.
- M16A4 re-added, the M16 has more range than the M4A1, slightly longer cooldown by 0.05, more accuracy for long range and mid range but less accuracy short range and touch range.
- Rocket launchers, one-time use and multi-use better specified in their descriptions
- Craftable orbital weapon issue has been fixed, unfinished ones will now be storable rather than disappearing

I Need Nourishment! - Malnutrition Patch

- Mod added
- Makes it so that pawns starve at 7 days max, rather than the standard 3 days max.
- Was an intended mod setting for people to choose days, however it's missing (probably never bloody coming.)

Gotta wake up in a few hours to attend the remembrance day. At the time Jec made the malnutrition mod he offered to add a mod setting which I didn't say no to. It's not there.

I asked him to extend the days to 10 instead if he's not gonna add a mod setting, in the meantime there's two other mods I'm waiting for him to bloody sort out which is the shuffle and the projectile issues with the Auger and Magic mod. I'm slightly frustrated, but what else can I do?

Goodnight all.

Chicken Plucker

I'm back, was a good day of marching in the town square. I have never marched before with ranks of real soldiers, and it was something else standing in silence at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. It was emotional in there with the poppies in front of the memorial, standing to attention or at ease for all those who have passed away. One of the officers there said "We, give you our today for your tommorrow."

My sprain went away, prayers answered. Got to march up and down (shocking marching at that) and paid respects.

Anyways, been getting confusion here with Project Red Horse and I'm gonna finally address what the real goal is in summary so I don't have to re-explain myself.

QuoteWhat exactly do I want with Project Red Horse?

- Minimize micro-management
+ Silver acquisition
+ Food
+ Casualty treatment
+ Training skills
+ Power
+ Colonist recruitment
+ Carrying capacity

- Equipment Expansion
+ Weapons
+ Armor
+ Apparel

- Faction Expansion
+ Difficult enemies
+ Helpful allies
+ Reinforcements in emergencies

- Quest acquisition
+ Mission board

- The long term goal
+ Up to the player, will their own war ever end?

That's pretty much it. There was never an intention of just making everything realistic, or powerful. I haven't been able to put it into words for some time now but I have.

The goal isn't to fit vanilla standards either, not entirely. I don't want to depart too far from it, but I want Rimworld to feel like a strategy game, something like RTS games of old. Warcraft III, Red Alert 2.

There was minimal emphasis on food, micro-management of resources or recruitment, you just got them after building something and waiting for them to bear fruit.

Nobody here is forced to use all of Project Red Horse mods, there's many mods and features expanded on that many won't like or will not find fun. All they have to do is either modify the mod to their liking, or cut out the content and fit their preferences, after all, choosing mods is based on your preferences for your own fun.

I just don't have the time to constantly make versions or changes to fit many versions of preferences, honestly. It can be overwhelming. My priority will always be the vision, at the same time, people are 100% free to suggest. I listen, this stuff here isn't a wall to block people from ever suggesting. What I'm hitting on is when I end up having to make changes to compromise from the end-game of the project and this counts for absolutely time-consuming re-evaluations of what I wanna be done with already, something I have checked not just once, or twice or even 10 times. Rather, too many bloody times I could count before and after release.

With that, I can now just sort out some mod stuff and carry on with the work. Cheers all.

Chicken Plucker

The Ghosts

- Newly added.

Rimmu-Nation Weapons

- Added a few new MIL-SPEC DMRs that have been made since they are being used by the Ghosts.

I stayed up all night for this, it's 4:30AM now. Was it worth it? Maybe.

Tell you what, these guys are a brave bunch. They don't retreat and that's the only way they won a fight above, they lost several units to pirate gunners and heavy pirates that had rocket launchers. Last two you see kept fighting until the pirates retreated and they eventually won, it sounds exactly like their backstory in the actual game when the Ghosts kept fighting just next to the dead bodies of their friends. Pretty tacticool as frick.

They sell some non-craftable gear from Rimmu-Nation and of course, they're quite the helpful friends if they are your friends. Just before release I had mountains of errors, I used to make all of them spawn with smokepops and the dogs were so common that there were friendly raids with NOTHING BUT DOGGOS. It has been sorted, haven't had too much gameplay yet so I'll wanna hear from you lot.

My brain is too tired and dehydrated for this, time to sleep. See you all later.

Madman666

I ve seen correctly? They don't flee at all? God its only one thing i hate the most about new faction mods (Rimsenal Federation is like that). It jumps raid's difficulty easily by two if not more, as you and your beaten up, wounded colonists instead of a reprieve in a warm hospital bed, get to stay berserking under heavy fire, in darkness, in unending rain, mind shattering pain... and eating without a table. I might be exagerrating, but if you really want them not fleeing, think carefully about this, CP. You'll have to have their units have twice the combat power, so their raids will be little. Otherwise a fully armored faction with good quality devastating automatic firearms and also never ever running away will cause fuss on the forums :P

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on November 12, 2018, 12:02:19 AM
I ve seen correctly? They don't flee at all?..

*cut*

What you bloody on about madman? Auto flee is when they retreat because they're losing in combat. It's been there since B18 for the old ghosts, for task force 141 and British army. Yes they bloody go home, this only covers fights when there's enemies.

Food problem, thats why they spawn with MREs too, because they eat, they have about 2.55 of nutrition in the inventory allowing about 2 days worth of supplies, they should go home by then if nothing is going on as early tests with QRFs or patrols would have shown.

The game introduced a self tend feature for friendlies (doesn't heal all the way all the time) and that's helpful. This feature was always switched the way it is for red horse.

Madman666

Well forgive me for being nervous when i see phrases like "They don't retreat" xD. I lost count of all dead colonists, cause bloody federates just never friggin flee. They stay in raiding mood until last one of them dies or gets downed. The definition of broken. Utterly epic, but broken :D

Also - at some point in b19 enemies were also allowed to self-tend! Which was quite nice, but also was exploited by players, because enemies that started tending were sitting ducks and people retreated to force pirates to start tending, then attacked again. Too bad there was no other way around that to let pirates tend, but also avoid exploits... :(

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on November 12, 2018, 04:19:58 AM
Well forgive me for being nervous when i see phrases like "They don't retreat" xD. I lost count of all dead colonists, cause bloody federates just never friggin flee. They stay in raiding mood until last one of them dies or gets downed. The definition of broken. Utterly epic, but broken :D

The hostiles won't retreat if they have this feature because you are the enemy. They go home after sometime of idleness which won't happen if you're their reason for being non-idle. That thing may be just a new 1.0 tweak since B18 didn't have something like it during early tests for friendlies, they did stay till they starved to death, but this wasn't an auto flee issue cause it happened to outlanders if you forced friendly raids in the console

Umbra Company had this, they didn't retreat. War Mongrels though being more powerful with tech did flee and that's how they lost more battles than UC.

Madman666

So they really won't flee, until you kill them all. See? I was right to be bloody nervous :P