[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on November 18, 2018, 06:19:07 PM

Click the image for the full video (Youtube)

Shot-by-shot parody of the "Call of Duty: Ghosts" trailer by Infinity Ward, in Rimworld style.

Steam Workshop Link:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1567074403

Software used:
Premiere Pro CS6
Photoshop CS6
Audacity
After Effects CS6
Source Filmmaker

Pardon me for the silence, was busy eating donuts and ice cream getting all fat. Not only that I was working on a faction trailer! Here it is, I hope you guys like it.

Blame Madman, he not-so-subtly got me to do it.

Quote from: Nimrod on November 17, 2018, 11:35:16 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATE!  ;D

Thanks Nimrod!

Quote from: Exellion on November 17, 2018, 03:48:48 PM
Hello CP!
I really like your mods, but for 3 months I have not started playing on the new version until I can wait for your weapon mod!
Above, it seemed to me that you mentioned that you were freezing the development of mods!
You do not finish this mod?
Very worried about it!

Hi, this is only if I start working in the military or another demanding job. I can't finish my mods that way and I just have no choice.

Also if you want the weapons mod the front page has the unfinished version!

Chicken Plucker

Download links for latest update is in front page of this post

The Ghosts

- Made world icon have a thicker outline to fit vanilla

So these guys are next.

Need to bloody sleep right now, so I'll make it short.

I made a parka and a special trader hat for Umbra Company. I didn't want to make their stuff plain black or plain desert, but I can't pick any camo that Rimmu-Nation Clothing uses since it might cause confusion and might stray from their outfit theme.

So I went with A-TACS AU, it's an Arid camo, it goes with their tan colored body armors anyway so I think it's a solid. Not only this, it's also a camo and it's not as if practicality is thrown out the window by UC, unlike bloody Ghosts roaming around forests in A-TACS LE-X, the dark colored variant.

Went with a baseball cap rather than the boonie, it's enough for me that they're also doing A-TACS, I didn't wanna make them look like they're too close alike.

Anyways, I owe my instructor a Christmas video, and Albion an animated Sparkling Worlds trailer. Bloody hate owing people things but it's not as though they haven't done anything for me. I have to get these things done, on top of worrying about my own updates.

Called the army today, they tell me I failed their online medical questionnaire. I was pushed back but, I was told it happens to many people and I simply just have to wait to appeal it, contact a doctor and confirm I'm fit enough to apply. Hope things work out, cheers all goodnight

Chicken Plucker

Rimmu-Nation Weapons
- Texture changed for the AA-12
- SCAR MK17 SSR minor polishing of texture
- Not much else

Slow progress for the Umbra Company, I'm not supposed to be awake right now so I'm in my own time.

I went "screw it" and made their own line of weapons under the "Contractor" nickname, so for example their SCAR-H will be "SCAR-H Contractor" just so there's a chance I can make the original variant craftable for the Rimmu-Nation Weapons people. (excuse for more texture variants)

For LMGs and explosives, still the standard non-contractor stuff.

A17 original slideshow of their backstory

Has some outdated textures, all that stuff that burns me eyes because I wish I did things better that some of you may not mind seeing. There has been minor changes from the original backstory, but I hope to anyone this gives them a better idea of how things are supposed to be

Here's their currently written backstory for 1.0:

QuoteOnce upon a time, three cryosleep soldiers from an ancient time crashland in the outer Rim. They start their own colony with blood sweat and tears as they went out their way to do what was right and were called "The Shepherds".

Their colony starts to grow, famously known to the inhabitants as do-gooders that help bring law and order to this forsaken place. Two of the original crashland survivors marry and they live happily ever after. All factions apart from pirates were at a truce with the presence of The Shepherds, rough outlanders put their weapons down for the first time and gave peace a chance. The story sadly doesn't end there.

One day Mrs. Leader is the first casualty during a Mechanoid attack on The Shepherds' main base, a charge lance shreds through her brain. Mr. Second in Command calls everybody for help, they either had nothing but excuses or in the rough outlanders' case, they took this as an opportunity to attack The Shepherds' settlements believing they wouldn't survive the Mechanoid onslaught with help of pirates wanting to take their own piece of the pie. It was a messy day of loss, confusion and lack of support from everybody.

Mr. Second in Command found it very difficult to forgive and forget. After rallying his remaining troops to smash the invasion, he buries his beloved wife among the many lost soldiers of The Shepherds that were let down by the people they protected alongside the ruins of their now abandoned main base.

Under new management, things changed. Umbra Company was born. For 12 months, caravans stop reaching their destinations, item stashes ransacked and guard outposts torched with no survivors. Blaming each other in confusion the outlander union split in two and returned to warring one another.

Meanwhile as their enemies weakened, Umbra Company outgrew their own name and changed from a company size of 80-150 to a regiment size of a strong 1000-2000 with plenty of their operators working in foreign worlds that are rich in conflict, rogue organizations and desparate nations offering funding for wetwork.

With a blank cheque from their sources, Umbra Company has their own line of Infantry Fighting Vehicles, Main Battle Tanks, body armor and fire arms from ancient blueprints that are provided to them at near bottomless supply.

Their boss hasn't forgotten about the past, in fact it is what his private military was made for, and the only thing left he lives for.

Too long and boring? Should be more mysterious and short? Spelling and grammar?

Let me know if anyone doesn't like anything about the backstory before it's all official, I'm gonna go sleep but I know there can be some improvements. I can't sit for an hour trying to sort it out right now, but I assume people who have dealt with their crap from A17-B18 know all about them already.

tehchanman

rofl, the surplus machine is hilarious, very interesting concept, can basically insta smith any vanilla weapon (instant legendary vanilla weapons [mod enhanced]), plus SILVER FLAKS LOL, (input problem?)

ugh, sorry just thought about it, and its XND's mod conflicting with yours XD sorry cool idea tho hahah

Chicken Plucker

Umbra Company
- Faction Added

Umbra Company is back bois and gals, they're as unfriendly as ever. They are heavier in faction base commonality than The Ghosts, but on the bright side if you manage to befriend them and unlock their trades, they sell more resources and are cheaper with their kit since they can afford to be more generous.

Vehicles/Tanks are temporarily disabled. I will explain below.
- Minor faction base name tweaking
- Mental break threshold stat for certain helmets return
- Faction base tweaked to be slightly more common

Rimmu-Nation: Clothing
- Mental break threshold stat for certain helmets return
- Social stat for Boonie hats and baseball caps added
- All Craftables version also updated

Rimmu-Nation: Weapons
- 5 new craftable assault rifles added
SCAR-H, ACR, CZ 805 BREN, FB Beryl, G36C
- RPG-7v2 explosion radius nerf (because Umbra Company bloody has it now)
- Missing AA12 new texture fixed

Quote from: tehchanman on November 22, 2018, 04:02:01 AM
rofl, the surplus machine is hilarious, very interesting concept, can basically insta smith any vanilla weapon (instant legendary vanilla weapons [mod enhanced]), plus SILVER FLAKS LOL, (input problem?)

ugh, sorry just thought about it, and its XND's mod conflicting with yours XD sorry cool idea tho hahah

Was a currency sink intended for Black Hat Stations, despite being just about insta-craft the vending machine insanely overcharges for body armor and vanilla gear that would usually cost you only a few hundred silver from traders. I charge thousands in those machines.

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on November 22, 2018, 05:36:11 AM
chicken WE LOVE YOU

Love you too, though I don't know what made you say that.

Having problems with the Mechanical pawns, Spskatr hasn't update the "No Rogue Robots" mod so these APCs and Tanks end up spawning for psychic ships similar to the original A17 issue before it came along. I'm thinking of cutting them out entirely unless I manage to find a fairy that can grant me wishes to pay Jecrell to make a patch for that mod.

Anyways, this day was dedicated to headdache and pain updating Umbra Company. Tommorrow is for X-Mas video. Enjoy Umbra Company as it is for now, without vehicles and I'll see you all later.

Oh and one more thing!

Thank you to Urumi333 who has handed me the rights for his/her hair mods, I will update them eventually when I finish this X-Mas video

Urumi only released a few of his/her hair mods to a Japanese art website (like deviantart, but more anime) outside of Ludeon and were un-updated since last year November. I'm happy to have been informed by hazael over PM to ask Urumi to take over the mods since Urumi was looking for someone to update them anyway.

One of the requests in the original descriptions were to not release them on steam, but the PM suggests that I can do so now and I will fully credit Urumi happily.

Lots of issues in real life springing up to weigh me down, and it's hard not to scream and swear at the air when everything including me bloody mouse keeps breaking. This is positive news at least!

Madman666

Cool news, CP. Raiders can now trample our colonies with tanks once again. Looking forward to that.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on November 24, 2018, 04:31:20 PM
Cool news, CP. Raiders can now trample our colonies with tanks once again. Looking forward to that.

Waho Madman, you skimmed through my wall of text! The vehicles are temporarily disabled due to some missing and broken features that need to be updated by a third party.

In the meantime they're going to have to stay as they were in A17, without vehicles and purely infantry.

Shame too, I couldn't wait to hear the complaints about the APC being OP, it's significantly more of a threat now especially since each shell it fires explodes in a 1x1 block radius, just like real shells from larger cannons IRL

Madman666

Not like skimmed, more like didn't understand half of it, being a tired retard who worked for past 24 hours and got home like couple hours ago, seen the screen, seen the title and gone to conclusions. Still fine update though. Hope to see vehicles back sometime :D

Madman666

I wonder if it actually has any connection, but lately i am having a strange issue with Rimwolrd.MusicManager errors looking like this:

Root level exception in Update(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.MusicManagerPlay.StartNewSong () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MusicManagerPlay.MusicUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root_Play.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Looks a lot like something got broken with game searching for a new music track to start. I am pretty sure i don't any mods that have anything to do with game music aside from radio in Red Horse pack. Could you ask Jec to maybe take a look at it, CP?

One more thing - I usually disable music in the game anyway, as i like listening to my own stuff, so i d really appreciate a Red Horse version without huge radio music pool. I wouldn't care really, but it is kinda huge, which i believe massively slows down loading, since it has to work through all those files. If you have the time.

Smexy_Vampire

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on November 24, 2018, 05:46:48 PM
I wonder if it actually has any connection, but lately i am having a strange issue with Rimwolrd.MusicManager errors looking like this:

Root level exception in Update(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.MusicManagerPlay.StartNewSong () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MusicManagerPlay.MusicUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root_Play.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Looks a lot like something got broken with game searching for a new music track to start. I am pretty sure i don't any mods that have anything to do with game music aside from radio in Red Horse pack. Could you ask Jec to maybe take a look at it, CP?

One more thing - I usually disable music in the game anyway, as i like listening to my own stuff, so i d really appreciate a Red Horse version without huge radio music pool. I wouldn't care really, but it is kinda huge, which i believe massively slows down loading, since it has to work through all those files. If you have the time.

Even though Project Red Horse adds music to the game, that's not what's causing problems. I have never ever run into the tacticool radio even during B18, or even Jecrell's radio mod causing issues with the vanilla music player and I'm sure he'd have it sorted out if it was his mod causing it, which in turn would also patch mine.

Second of all, I know you told me you have several mods on. The songs are about 50+ but the game doesn't in fact end up taking longer to load since the game is fast when it comes to finding files that are invisible, don't have much def coding with stats and aren't actually rendered in the physical world.

A faction mod, in extreme cases, something like Rimhammer 40K with several factions or in my case, 5 factions like in B18 with several world generation crap and etc. would be the examples that can cause lag.

The Ghosts and Umbra Company, or heck just one of those two factions alone cause more lag than Red Horse Furniture because it involves world generation when it comes to the bases. I don't want to make another version anyway since it's more hassle for me, if I didn't test or consider this before I would have not added 50 songs at all

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on November 24, 2018, 05:51:53 PM
umbra uploaded to steam ?

No, if you checked steam you would know that I didn't upload it there especially since I wrote down that it's not finished. Missing features for the vehicles and etc.

Umbra Company
- Description fixes, grammar is hangin' out today

Madman666

Hmm. Ok. I guess i ll have to investigate further then. I indeed have a lot of mods, so i wouldn't be surprised if something else, thats not supposed to have anything to do with music could mess with MusicManager thing.

As for game loading faster\slower - its not like i blame Red Horse for making load times slower. Its just overall the more mods you have - the more time it takes to process all the files (something to do with it proccessing all the files on load and accessing them already from game memory, rather than searching for them in mod folders during play) - sound files included. So i am trying to optimize the amount of files RW has to process, by eliminating, ones i don't frequently make use of.

Smexy_Vampire

my derp :P. any intrest in making tacticool armor for animals via animal gear :base mod ?

dninemfive

The No Rogue Robots mod has a B19 version, and though I haven't tested it in-game the relevant code hasn't been modified in 1.0. Updating it should be a matter of changing the version number or at worst recompiling; I would recommend asking Spdskatr for permission to update yourself.