[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on November 24, 2018, 06:44:29 PM
Hmm. Ok. I guess i ll have to investigate further then. I indeed have a lot of mods, so i wouldn't be surprised if something else, thats not supposed to have anything to do with music could mess with MusicManager thing.

As for game loading faster\slower - its not like i blame Red Horse for making load times slower. Its just overall the more mods you have - the more time it takes to process all the files (something to do with it proccessing all the files on load and accessing them already from game memory, rather than searching for them in mod folders during play) - sound files included. So i am trying to optimize the amount of files RW has to process, by eliminating, ones i don't frequently make use of.

I do sorta regret adding that much songs, but at the time I asked if people wanted more songs at the downside of more memory (megabytes, pretty much) only one person answered and he said something along the lines of "I don't care how big the memory is in megabytes, I want dank songs boi" and nobody else voted because like 4 people visit this thread (including me) :'(

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on November 24, 2018, 07:10:11 PM
my derp :P. any intrest in making tacticool armor for animals via animal gear :base mod ?

Probably not, only the tacticool dog and even then it's just a German Shepherd with more health. I went around having to code the dog to wear apparel and all that stuff.

Easy way out if it gets the job done, I do hate asking for help since it builds up credit for me to repay or makes me more reliant on someone fixing something. If that person were to leave or just stop helping it's game over.

That on top bothering them for help and they go invisible mode pretending they're offline to get away from me, rip

Quote from: dninemfive on November 25, 2018, 11:18:25 AM
The No Rogue Robots mod has a B19 version, and though I haven't tested it in-game the relevant code hasn't been modified in 1.0. Updating it should be a matter of changing the version number or at worst recompiling; I would recommend asking Spdskatr for permission to update yourself.

I tested it, there were lots of errors about flesh types and yadda yadda. Probably translation stuff. I did message spdskatr and he's surprised it doesn't work for 1.0, I'll wait and hope he fixes it so all of you can get smashed by the new APC that I totally didn't get carried away with

dninemfive

Interesting that No Rogue Robots doesn't work on 1.0 since there didn't seem to be changes in the game code I looked at. Probably something to do with their patches, a lot of it went over my head to be honest.

By the way, are the final silver to time ratios for the Black Hat station the same as the ones you posted a while back? I'm working on a mod which adds a silver equivalent to the infinite chemreactor and I want to make sure its output doesn't make that station useless.

Chicken Plucker

Download links for latest update is in front page of this post

Rimmu-Nation Weapons

- SCAR-L added
- G36C and G36C-SD sounds fixed into their original SFX
- Railgun projectile speed raised, damage and armor penetration reduced
- Bullseye, Bullseye Mk II, BM003 Razor and Auger Mk II added
- BM001 Razor projectile color corrected, it's supposed to be red, while the upgraded version is blue.

BM001 Razor / Bullseye
/
- Shoots red charges (originally supposed to be this way according to the video game)
- Same stats as before

Bullseye version is pretty much the same weapon, just the US version for those who have played the "Resistance" series

BM003 Razor / Bullseye Mk II
/
- Freakin' upgraded baby
- Fires blue charges known as "Blue Death"
- Stronger damage, higher accuracy
- Higher crafting materials and skill required

The Bullseye series in the Resistance video games actually behaves like the Needler in Halo, where the charges follow the target, although it works even if theyre stepping sideways, just that the thing becomes less accurate behind cover. I went with their actual Mk II versions and buffed stats accordingly.

Auger WS

- Same stats as before

Auger Mk II

- More fun, cooler, sweet, swoode. More freedum'
- Fires yellow transient radiation charge
- Stronger firepower, higher accuracy and more range
- Higher crafting materials and skill required

Playing with Rimhammer 40k and losing my people to some sci-fi based enemies with their spacer tech made me go back on the Resistance weaponry sets and take a good look if I could find more weapons. Besides the Fareye sniper rifle (that slows down freakin' time somehow) and other OP weaponry I can't possibly add without C# *cough*LAARKrocketsfollowingenemies*cough* I decided to just look at the upgraded versions of the existing weapons we have.

I'm happy Mark II versions actually exist. Paired with the current best armor I have for 1.0, which is the Hunter Reactive, I'm confident this end game gear should equip you players for freedum' based encounters with powerful enemies from other mods since I don't have the Ruski power armor bad boys with their railguns to harass you yet (that and some DOOM Demons).

(1.0 pls)

Red Horse Furniture
- Fixed job string naming error for game development job
it will say "developing game" rather than "security testing" now.

Quote from: dninemfive on November 25, 2018, 04:16:01 PM
Interesting that No Rogue Robots doesn't work on 1.0 since there didn't seem to be changes in the game code I looked at. Probably something to do with their patches, a lot of it went over my head to be honest.

By the way, are the final silver to time ratios for the Black Hat station the same as the ones you posted a while back? I'm working on a mod which adds a silver equivalent to the infinite chemreactor and I want to make sure its output doesn't make that station useless.

Same as before, yep. Feel free to make your mod behave however you want! You don't have to cater to whatever I have, unless of course it's exactly what you want

Mod Added:

(NOTE: NEEDS FACIAL STUFF ENABLED TO WORK)
Steam link with previews:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1574977528

Someone requested for this version, the download for this is along with the other Google drive stuff titled "CM Hairs - Facial Stuff Version", along with the other stuff. I'm gonna go sleep now.

Nothing today was done for the X-Mas video I promised staff, bloody anxious about it. Now I only have tommorrow, and he wants to see the progress by Tuesday. I'm nothing but worried sick disappointing expectations, looking like a liar and just failing this request. I hope I get it done tommorrow.

Honestly procrastinated by progressing here instead, rip. See you lads.

Chicken Plucker

New contractor outfit (Work in progress)

Contractor is the pawn that you hire for the "recruit a contractor" option in the mission board.
This was my planned outfit for them, rather than the vanilla duster set. There were some issues I had to think about, like "what if people wanted to use vanilla clothes only?" or "what if the equipment they come with spawns for NPCs?" I'll have to worry about these now, possibly not make a jacket or etc. for them. We will see.

This clothing will be outside of Rimmu-Nation Clothing and only shows up in the Red Horse Furniture, so I have to be careful making choices.

Instead of it saying:
QuoteA freelance contractor seeking work has arrived. He/She will stay in your colony to help out.

It will now be:
QuoteA contractor you ordered from ANVIL has arrived. He/She will stay in your colony to help out.

They are no longer freelance, they're clearly equipped the same way so they work for a Private Military Company out of the map/world.

There won't be any faction hidden called "ANVIL", I thought about that but it might cause some lag having another faction so I decided to leave it. If there would be, it'll probably be hidden at enough friendly points, assuming we can make them order friendly for the QRF for the red phone/military radio building. This probably won't happen so no promises, best to keep it simple.

Fun fact: ANVIL is a private military company from the Marvel Netflix Punisher series, they were seen in A-TACS uniforms.

Also, I just recycled the contractor TacTec body armor that Umbra Company is using, I thought it's not necessary to make a new body armor since this one is what non-government backed PMC factions use anyway for their stuff, thought it made sense.

Chicken Plucker

ANVIL Backstory (Red Horse Furniture)

ANVIL is a private military company that recruits orphans, desparate refugees and survivors providing them food and shelter along with valuable training to gain the skills needed for close protection and other staff member duties. Once an ANVIL recruit is ready for employment, they get sold off to colonies or organisations from across the globe!

ANVIL has promised these brave men and women better lives, and we promise to make yours also if you choose ANVIL.

Disclaimer: ANVIL is not responsible if the contractors do not get better lives due to new owners/employees being fully responsible for the contractor's well-being once the dotted line is signed.

We understand clients may be running covert operations, or secrets may be at risk of exposure *cough*illegal activities*cough* so the answer of ANVIL is plausible deniability. Our contractors are untraceable men and women due to their lack of identification.

Their lives began with ANVIL, and they will end with your sensitive intel intact!

Testimonies:
"Kyle: We were broke, we had nothing but 5,000 silver and whatever the heck else we crashed with! After some time comparing pros and cons of freelance contractors and ANVIL, the choice couldn't be any more clearer! Now I can be rebuffed by all the female ANVIL contractors!"

"Kryl: Some of the guys can't cook, Tomomi immediately started a social fight with Allie (that's why she's bleeding in the photo) but it's okay, we just hired more ANVIL contractors! They're just so helpful, now I don't need to run into the gunfire whenever there's a raid because I can just send one of those ANVIL contractors to take the heat off me!"

"5 Stars, good" - Royal Mail
"5/5 Do you guys not have phones?" - Billzard entertainment
"7/10 We don't plan to do anything about it" - Bothesda
"10/10 Sense of pride and accomplishment" - Electronic Arse

- Update will be uploaded soon. Freelance option is still available. -

Madman666

Lol, nice updates as always, CP! I am still here watching in awe, waiting for more heavy armored dudes to ruin my city. Or die trying.

Chicken Plucker

NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE TO ENABLE THE NEW OUTFITS IN YOUR STOCKPILE AND APPAREL SETTINGS OR ELSE THE ANVIL CONTRACTORS WILL STRIP NAKED!

Red Horse Furniture
- ANVIL Contractors added
- No blackhat and VR version updated also
- Kidnapped colonist mod, mission patch added if Mission Board is enabled with this mod

The Ghosts
- Fixed boonie hat not having the social and negotiation stat bonuses it's supposed to have

Quote from: Madman666 on December 01, 2018, 02:54:22 PM
Lol, nice updates as always, CP! I am still here watching in awe, waiting for more heavy armored dudes to ruin my city. Or die trying.

Thanks Madman. Still busy doing the XMAS video, Spud replied and said he's busy. He's planning to update his fix that can help me make the APCs and Tanks happen again, but it probably won't be anytime soon.

As for me and the idea of hiring Jecrell to patch it, I have 7 GBP in my bank account so I can't afford it. My work doesn't start yet, and I don't get paid for another 20 days.

I know there are some mysterious strangers there that might read this and offer donations, I appreciate it guys! I'm just fine financially, live with me mum making mom's spaghetti, I'm well fed and sheltered. It was just money for extra luxury things like well.. Mods.

EDIT:
Another update, rip
Minor goof up, shouldn't be a problem to those using Rimmu-Nation Clothing but Red Horse Furniture as a standalone doesn't have the graphicappareldetour.dll meaning the ANVIL gear would be colorable.

I have re-updated Red Horse Furniture now and I apologise to those who have just installed stuff

EDIT... AGAIN

Hi guys it's chicken again, sorry to whoever downloaded twice already and me not testing enough before updating, rip. Saturday is my only time to update this weekend, I have to write a letter to the British Army yesterday and do that darn XMAS video. Rop.

- Fixed texture issue with hulk east view of A-TACS FG combats
- Made the ANVIL contractors not spawn with "simple" labelled guns such as revolvers

(NOTE: I'm flapping here, the update wasn't live upon posting this third edit. Please re-download just to make sure, if you saw this post before this NOTE was here. I'm sorry guys, pls.)

Chicken Plucker

Progress Report:

QuoteI paint my faa-ace black and green!
You won't see me I'm a Recon Marine!

I slip and slither into the night!
You won't see me till' I'm ready to fight!

MICH Helmet - FORECON configuration
(FORECON: Force Recon)

I looked everywhere as to what type of helmet this really was. I can be wrong that it's a MICH, but it probably is. I just know it has that big freakin' mount on the front, three straps and no side rails, seems to be a configuration of the MICH? To be fair, the helmet is customizable so it makes sense.

There's also a Crye precision AirFrame helmet that I'm gonna make for MARSOC, SAS, SEALs and Rangers but the MICH is for the Recon guys.

Crye Precision - CAGE Plate Carrier

This is a commonly used special operations plate, maybe not the CAGE but crye precision stuff in general. At the moment you can see from the current factions available that the place is plagued with 5.11 gear, in the case of PMCs maybe it makes sense that they'll stock up on some less expensive kit but it's all Crye Precision for the real deal baybee.

The Ghosts faction IS US Army canonically, but since I am not officially tying them with the US Army in this universe, aside from the MREs I just used the TacTec for them instead of Crye. Besides, I just wanted to recolor and make life easier for myself, but now it's all coming up Crye.

PS: Don't worry about the old B18 Armor, it's not being deleted. It's just that its a lighter configuration of the IBA (Interceptor Body Armor) and it's just not what Recon guys use. They're too freakin' tactical for that infantry GI Joe crap, they are walking with thousands of dollars of kit.

Crye Precision - Forest MARPAT UBACS

Breathable combat uniform, better in hot conditions than the other combat uniform (also known as BDU or ACU) since it's not thick as fricc.

This is actually the first 1.0 UBACs I have made, ever since B18 it has been challenging for me to make a newer and tacticool-er version of something since it's my plan to make things final hereafter. Also? Good to see MARPAT camo again.

That's all for now. It's a work in progress updating the textures of US Military Kit. No promises and a hint of spoilers, their 1.0 faction might come before the British this time since I'd rather update the US Military and release their faction than go through the bloody British SAS uniforms and their new Virtus kit + the old MK7 and Osprey stuff. New MTP camo version too since the old is actually multicam? Not too sure, looks too bloody small.

Basically?

Murica'

lakajadiwa

Damn that MARPAT looks sexy, can't wait to add it to the game!

Chicken Plucker

Here was my small progress today. I haven't done the back view of the helmet, but I was re-making the LWH. I was hoping to get desert MARPAT done at least to have a faction mod out, even if its just the Marines for the sake of having something lately. I was then gonna update it all later.

Guys, things are getting harder for me here outside of the computer. I could not move an inch and do anything mod related, the stress is getting to me. I haven't submitted my DBS that I got 3 weeks ago to my supposed new job because I've put it off to keep my weekends for now. Then I fall behind on my college, being the least freakin' fit guy there. I am left behind in the 1.5 mile runs by people I used to beat, I can barely do 20 push ups on the beep and it's getting to me.

I can't do the old way of updating now, where I'd sit on my butt or lie down in bet all day without sleep to get the codes and textures out. Modding for Rimworld as a hobby is getting less and less sustainable and more and more inconvenient, at this rate I'll have to leave without finishing Red Horse or even updating the B18 stuff because I have to choose.

Also just did a playthrough and got whooped by normal freakin pirates, despite having a colony of mostly contractors. Whoever said the Black Hat station was broken isn't completely right, because they sure bring in the high raid tickets. If you are like me not paying attention and you ended up racking in about 50k silver, the raid size never goes down and you will lose more reliable and highly skilled people than you can keep hiring new ones trying to replace your old crew.

Let's just say my colony was torched, lost some of my best and ended up exiling a few people who went on to murder their allies, directly or not. Also had that one appointed leader that decided to leave the colony on their own when they were needed most, good riddance. Didn't even try to stop that colonist cause they're jack.

I'm gonna call it the "Curse of the Black Hat", because you can never spend all that silver without getting everyone on your case. Heck, even the friendly orion corp amateurs that was supposed to help us not only come late for QRF, they also used rocket launchers on my colonists during a CQB incident indoors with some mechanoids, job well done there. Had everyone too wounded to get payback from the people who launched the rockets.

Reminds me of bloody Pablo Escobar, when he couldn't spend all the money he had selling drugs so he had to bury some of them. He had so much attention from everybody. I appreciate that the game has that built in, but I don't appreciate the game going full effort murdering everyone in my colony no matter how unlikely their scenario is *cough*murderousrampagebecauseatewithoutatable*cough*, freaking storytellers.

Anyways, I'm gonna go to sleep. Hopefully tomorrow's sunshine is brighter than today's.

Quote from: lakajadiwa on December 07, 2018, 11:02:06 PM
Damn that MARPAT looks sexy, can't wait to add it to the game!

Thank you. Me neither. I wanted there to be patrols, specific body types (so no thin or fat) infantry units visiting colonies.

My idea for the military factions were to make them behave certain ways depending on who it is.

E.G US Armed Forces will enter your base for the first time with a platoon, dialogue box appears. If it was the Brits they'd have a more polite ton, they'd have helpful events such as sending Royal engineers to build solar panels or geothermal power for you, while the US is more direct, saying things like "Look it's simple, you follow our rules and we all get to hold hands and sing Kumbaya. If you don't? You're gonna get liberated.." (Won't include translations for the dialogue to make it more funny, cause the Americans will only speak English)

There'd be rules that the factions would want your follow, like fining drugs, yadda yadda. If I could afford all that if I ever come up with the cash for Jecrell it's all gonna be Gucci.

Chicken Plucker

Okay boys and gals, next plan is to make Rimmu-Nation Clothing and Weapons sell ALL their equipment via orbital trader. I'm gonna add an orbital trader for the two mods in order to make their gear available and for the company to actually exist.

Does anybody object to this? Lemme know, it's gonna come for the next update with some more rifles added. Slow but steady.

Madman666

No objections, really. I do think that combat trader pretty much covers this area, but if you wanna have it be a special "company" that trades all those delllllicious gear pieces - why not?

dninemfive

I'm definitely in favor. A big problem with traders as they are imo is that with a bunch of mods they have too many items to easily comprehend - I end up buying less because it's a lot of work looking through every item and its stats to see one worth purchasing. Having a trader for each mod would really help.

Chicken Plucker

NOTE: Don't forget to enable the new weapons added in RN: Weapons

Rimmu-Nation Orbital Traders arrive!

Rimmu-Nation has now hired MILLIONS of orbital ship traders to resell their product! Dozens of companies, freelance merchants and traders given jobs by this amazing corporation, equipping their ships with orbital weapons for customers to defend their rights with. The only catch?

They have to spread freedom not worldwide, but all across the galaxy!
(Was my excuse for not being able to call the orbital trader "Rimmu-Nation" because it's coded in freakin' C# and I would have to make a custom incident for the darned thing.)

- Rimmu-Nation Clothing updated
- Rimmu-Nation Weapons updated

Helmet texture tweaks

- Rimmu-Nation projectile balancing finalized, courtesy of Recon. New bullet stats are available.

- K2C, MSBS-5.56 and XM8 added

- Faction: The Ghosts updated
- Faction: Umbra Company updated

Red Horse Furniture:
- Nuka Cola now has different effects for the drinker.
No more pain threshold buff, instead it improves blood circulation, restfall factor and etc.
- Medical buildings tweaked, distance for the equipment buffed and some stats also buffed by a small percentage.

Progress Report:

US Marine pawn type concept
Interceptor body armor was slightly shaded and adjusted, but it remains the same. I believe it would be a waste to throw away in favour of the new design as seen here:

They both look good, but the new design has it's own downsides, the B18 version being a more convincing tan fabric thing than if I picked a flat color. It would also take more time to design a new IBA, the old one doesn't look bad anyway.

Concept of faction behaviours:

The idea is to have the US Military faction behaving like a "bully" (if you are a possible threat, which you are) in which that their introduction is a dialogue screen where they're pretty bold and they flat out threaten you despite being an early ally that if you ever screw with them once you will become enemies.

The US Military will also confiscate mech healer serums and ressurector mech serums if detected in your base. I need to save up some cash money to hire Jecrell to do that cool coding stuff.

These are all characteristics that stem from stories my instructors told me of how the US Armed Forces behaved in the Afghanistan war, and upon watching "Restrepo" and "Only the Dead". I think that in a war scenario, US Soldiers are on the edge, pretty much and are untrusting of locals (why wouldn't you be in war?) so they will be highly untrusting towards you as the player, and when opportunities arrive, the powers that be will make sure you are kept in line if you grow too strong.

Basically, the US will offer the best possible protection and will start out as your ally. They will probably be non-hostile towards Umbra Company in a patch (though British and Canadians, when made, will be), as an indication that perhaps something shady is going on with three letter agencies involved.

They will also get more and more aggressive towards you the richer you get, as shown by them confiscating spacer tech stuff like healer mech serums and resurrector mech serums, your only objection would be to assault the soldiers confiscating the equipment which then leads on to war with all of the US Military branches.

In contrast the British Armed Forces are known to be heavily regulated with strict rules, such as treating enemy combatants with the best possible medical care, not firing on retreating units if they are not firing at you, not entering a place of worship or firing upon a place of worship. (Real life rules, probably won't be implemented in game cause that stuff is too complicated to add) That faction would be a lot more friendly, would send Royal Engineers to build solar panels for players randomly as an incident.

As a consequence though, the British have been known to let known terrorists go in warzones because they send them home to await a fair trial before going to prison. (To which the US knows and responds with a freakin' airstrike) Their overly-friendly nature towards the player can possibly cause a downfall if the player ever decides to be hostile. Freakin' Merica always thought you were no good though.

All of this is a concept so far.

Quote from: Madman666 on December 09, 2018, 03:53:58 AM
No objections, really. I do think that combat trader pretty much covers this area, but if you wanna have it be a special "company" that trades all those delllllicious gear pieces - why not?

Quote from: dninemfive on December 09, 2018, 12:47:51 PM
I'm definitely in favor. A big problem with traders as they are imo is that with a bunch of mods they have too many items to easily comprehend - I end up buying less because it's a lot of work looking through every item and its stats to see one worth purchasing. Having a trader for each mod would really help.

Thanks guys, it's updated now. Should have more money sink for the Black Hat Station now, I made sure the Rimmu-Nation military supplier included some body parts aside from body armors, textiles, food and meds. It was all military specific, and we all know we lose limbs here and there. The catch is, them not being a prosthetic trader, charge out the bloody window for body parts.

Madman666

Ok, orders to my people - you see a US guy - shoot on sight, harvest on downed, make hats on death. No one takes crap from me and lives to tell the tale, unless i sold that shit.