[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

Hey all. Currently at a back of the line at TESCO. Lots people, lots of panic. NHS staff gets to come in an hour earlier, but I feel like people are gonna stomp my head in for my ID. I'll leave a message as I'm in this cold for an hour

I've done lots of polish to fix Coalition. Will upload soon. That's all my freezing thumbs can type for now, I'll reply to some comments I've been dreading to answer

Quote from: Skynert on March 21, 2020, 12:10:47 PM
When we can except helicopters on Steam?

When it's ready. I'm doing a lot of stuff and I'm doing that last priority cause it's a killer redoing a mod, it's frustrating and boring. War Mongrels we haven't seen in a year so it's not the same

Quote from: exegert on March 21, 2020, 03:15:45 PM
Looking good, escpecially flora. KMLK is not actually a camo pattern - it is (roughly) summer camouflaged concealment overalls. So it's basically name of the uniform model with varying camo patterns. And I've never heard displayed pattern being called war leaf - it looks like berezka (birch) pattern more than anything but pattern pieces are too big and too close together. Actually, I vaguelly remember camo that looks a bit like the one on the picture too, but it's too old and obscure.

This is not meant to diminish your hard work in any way, just sharing some thoughts & info.

Thanks, there's confusion for me for naming that leaf pattern, but just to clarify I didn't mean war leaf, I said soviet-Afghan war and there was no punctuation so it looked like one word. Thumbs are frozen so me type less words

I'll make the Berezka smaller then, cheers bro

exegert

Yeah, just "leaf" makes sense alright  :) Now I remembered that other similar old and obscure camo - it's 1942 soviet Лиственный лес (direct translation - Deciduous forest). This pattern almost died out during WWII. Here it is, summer and autumn variants:

And this is most common Berezka variants:

Relative pattern size:

And I think you might be interested in Dubok aka Butan pattern - Flora predecessor:

Chicken Plucker

1.1 MODLIST

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1W1_-TCmGMNGJSddCwjtoAVjc1K8dJhKi

Mods updated
- Faction: Allegiance
Description: Altyn (PMK gasmask) added, other description fixes. Mod still in beta

- Faction: Coalition
Description: Mod is considered "finished", issues fixed, added M4A1-SD and HK416 SD for Elite pawntypes, Elite pawntypes received a buff in their stats to better fend off first wave Coalition troops. Lore has been fixed with better descriptions and backstory, along with a finished description for faction interaction events in the scenario (will only show if you start a new save).

- Faction: Task Force 141
Description: Buffed elite pawntypes to allow maximum of 15 shooting

- Rimmu-Nation Clothing
Description: Gasmask psychic sensitivity stuff removed, GORKA-4 and boonie hat colorable issues fixed

- Rimmu-Nation Weapons
Description: AS VAL added

- British Military Kit
Description: psychic sensitivity stuff removed to all headgear

Fixed the "GP-7" description to PMK, and found out our hero J-12 used a PMG. I fixed that and made him a bit bigger too in the preview. Can't have a national hero being misrepresented

Working on a Modern Warfare 1.1 animation as you saw from the .gif, I want it to be my last animation before Army. I don't know when they'll call be again but it best be soon or I'm gonna get fat and lose my runtime in this quarantine. Animation will show Coalition and Allegiance troops killing each other, it's meant to show the bad blood between the two before the mechanoids invaded, due to Modern Warfare's controversy with how it misrepresents Russian soldiers Im hoping I do not upset anyone and end up in a gulag forced to update mods for president Putin

Quote from: exegert on March 22, 2020, 08:26:33 AM
Yeah, just "leaf" makes sense alright  :) Now I remembered that other similar old and obscure camo - it's 1942 soviet Лиственный лес (direct translation - Deciduous forest). This pattern almost died out during WWII. Here it is, summer and autumn variants:

Thanks for the recommendations my friend they are noted, but I'll keep the Soviet camo limited since War Mongrels is meant to be Serb based, they just have Spetsnaz contractors and they use Soviet gear, I don't know I wanted that eastern european bad guy vibe.

I may remove their power armors and other fancy clothing like the ghillie suit to keep the mod simple and get it out fast.

Chicken Plucker

1.1 MODLIST

Mods updated
Description: PMG gas mask added and missing textures fixed. Faction pawntypes also fixed to use helmets more since it was disabled for most pawntypes. Rimmu-Nation Gloves N' Boots patched.

Description: Rimmu-Nation Gloves N' Boots patched and pawntype apparel tweaks

Description: Forgot what I fixed but I fixed something, pls

- Rimmu-Nation: Gloves N' Boots
Description: Generic appareltags for tacticool factions added

- Rimmu-Nation Weapons
Description: Fixed AK-12 and AK-15 texture issue, un-updated 1.1 textures

Just a catch up update, gotta run outside again. Cheers all.

Follow-up update (sorry to those who have to keep downloading, rip)
Description: PMG gas mask texture updated. Side and back view was still GP-7/PMK's and so I sorted it right out. Special thanks to Ods.

Chicken Plucker

(insert gif of russian man shooting SVU here, imgur broken due to high volume of users)

1.1 MODLIST

Mods updated
- Faction: Military Furniture
Description:

- Smaller blast wall drawsize, blast wall beauty lowered from 7 to 2 only
- HESCO walls are slightly pretty
- varnished chipboard floor (low cost floor)
- house door (low cost door)
- survivalist bed description fixed
- Military crate cost fix
- Military crate drawsize now slightly smaller
- Wood Military crates are now dark tan colored
- Reinforcements cost raised 800 and 1500
- Mission/Recruitment board description fixes

- "Coalition" and "Allegiance" faction patches added

Description:
- Allegiance pawntypes now spawn with caucasian melanin
- Allegiance pawntypes clothing gear pool improved, elite units and high tier units now must spawn with body armor and helmet, PMG gasmask spawnrate reduced, AK47 and AKM weapon choice chance increased for the lower tier units, AN94 and Groza spawn rate now rarer
- Lowest tier pawntype now must at least spawn with the assault vest SSO
- hardbass school attended by all pawntypes

UPDATE ROLLBACK

Description:
- Melanin update rollback due to jecrell's code causing a bug that makes ALL pawns in rimworld white/caucasian skinned

Chicken Plucker

1.1 MODLIST

Mods updated
- Military Furniture
- Rimmu-Nation Gloves N' Boots
- Rimmu-Nation Weapons

Description: Gloves N' Boots stuff cost nerfed, M4A1 MILSPEC SFX changed, Military Furniture description fixes

- Faction: Ghosts
- Faction: Last Man Contingent
- Faction: Militaires Sans Frontieres

Description: M4A1 MILSPEC SFX changed for all mods that has it, Task Force 141 scenario added, Last Man Contingent "skimpy dress" colorable fixed, MSF units now have custom names accurate to MGS PW

Description: M4A1 MILSPEC SFX changed to MW 2019 M4 SFX, Scenparts removed due to incompatibility with Prepare Carefully, no more provisions and faction interaction sadly. Allegiance Scenario added, Allegiance custom Russian names for spawned pawntypes added.

You guys can play as Task Force 141 or Allegiance now, happy hunting.

Chicken Plucker

Special thanks to JangoD'Soul for this new military radio texture

1.1 MODLIST

Mods updated
- Military Furniture
- Rimmu-Nation Security

Description: Military radio texture updated, .50 Cal and AR turret "ammo" capacity decreased significantly, HP of those two turrets decreased under 100 HP. Minimum range added to .50 cal sniper turret

Skynert

One sugestion, or question. Why we cant use military radio on other maps? Like when I attack mechanoids muffalo pirates I want support.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Skynert on March 28, 2020, 02:06:45 AM
One sugestion, or question. Why we cant use military radio on other maps? Like when I attack mechanoids muffalo pirates I want support.

It's a coding issue since an enemy or friendly base doesn't count as a "world map" from the radio in C#. I don't know why. I know dev mode doesn't have the issue, but that's cause it's dev mode and Tynan makes sure his stuff works.

Perhaps it's a thing he put in place for comms consoles to ban friendly raids in enemy maps

exegert

Hey, CP. Just checking in. How are you over there?

Chicken Plucker

1.1 MODLIST

Mods updated
- Rimmu-Nation Weapons
- Rimmu-Nation Clothing

Description: All rocket launchers can now launch automatically without having to command pawns, energy weapons are now sharp damage based not heat based to prevent centipedes from being fully immune to them. Hunter Reactive is back to green.

(ALL FACTION MODS)
- Allegiance
- Coalition
- Task Force 141
- Ghosts
- Militaires Sans Frontieres
- Umbra Company
- Last Man Contingent
- Elite Crew
- Cordis Die

Description: 141 scenario tweaks, all rocket launchers can now launch automatically without having to command pawns, Umbra Company bugs and errors fixed with missing sounds and textures, Ghosts faction spawning dogs only in base issue fixed, LMCT tweaks for barbie girls not spawning with their jackets, Allegiance recruitables (Recruitment Board) now do not have helmets to prevent issues with "crashlanded" vanilla start.

- Spec Ops: The Line
- DOOM
- DOOM Kit Classic

Description: Spec Ops: The Line intro theme changed, DOOM energy weapons are now sharp damage based not heat based to prevent centipedes from being fully immune to them. Praetor suit buffed for classic version to match new stats

TFW You're in self isolation and you can't even talk to your family or stretch your legs but you can soak your eyes on the screen updating mods for hours

Quote from: exegert on March 30, 2020, 08:11:11 AM
Hey, CP. Just checking in. How are you over there?

Doing good, in self isolation still. I have the flu but it's no coronavirus. Overcumbered with more things to fix, cant move on at the moment to make new stuff happen

Chicken Plucker

(The boys in the back of a CH-46 Sea Knight)

1.1 MODLIST

Mods updated
- Get to the Chopper! (BETA)
- Military Furniture

Description: Ransom demand quest added to mission board for kidnapped colonists, orbital traders added back to mission board

CH-53 Super Stallion is back. "I'm a stallion baby!"

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on April 01, 2020, 08:26:12 PM

1.1 MODLIST

Mods updated
- Get to the Chopper! (BETA)
- Retro Joy

Description: "Comfy Boy armchair" renamed to "Retro armchair", cloth color fixed and description fixed

CH-46 Sea Knight added and Mil Mi-24 Hind added.

exegert