[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

1.1 MODLIST

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1W1_-TCmGMNGJSddCwjtoAVjc1K8dJhKi

Mods updated
- The Ghosts
- Task Force 141
- Militaires Sans Frontieres
- Elite Crew
- Rimmu-Nation Clothing
- Rimmu-Nation Weapons
- Spec Ops: The Line
- Metal Gear Solid
- DOOM

Details:

Elite Crew can now be friendlies, they also have traders and caravans now. MSF added again for 1.1 with their pawntypes having high combat skills.

Rimmu-Nation Clothing and other mods that add clothing have had their "burnables" issue fixed where people cannot burn clothing. Credits added to people.

News regarding Red Horse Furniture/Military Furniture is that it's nearing release with our Mission Board fixed by Albion who came back from retirement and valrossenOliver w/ dninemfive helping fix radios and fridges. I am yet to finalize the mod.

Quote from: BigBoss12124 on March 08, 2020, 10:55:24 AM
Will you update the MSF mod? It is one of my favorite mods and I would be very happy that it was updated.
Good luck with career in the army.

Thanks. I happened to be working on it today, it's fixed now.
Quote from: Canaris on March 07, 2020, 09:10:20 AM
QuoteRed Horse tab is missing because it's from the Red Horse Furniture mod, that mod isn't updated yet.

Of course it is and i am retarded..

Not true my friend, simple mistake. I also got confused before updating since I was so used to it being there. I was thinking about removing it for 1.1. Thoughts? I think the people who use vanilla stuff will get it confused and may find it out of place so I left it alone.

It's coming soon. Cheers

Chicken Plucker

1.1 MODLIST

Mods updated
- British Military Kit
- Rimmu-Nation Clothing
- Rimmu-Nation Gloves N' Boots
- DOOM Kit Classic

Details:

Forgot to include British Military Kit to update, also Gloves N' Boots for the burnables issue. Also re-added flat colored tan/olive backpacks since flat white cloth accessories got a bit annoying for me.

Also left a BETA for Military Furniture mod, it's a bit of a mess for now but that's beta. I'm leaving it for you Ludeon fellas since it's not even announced on Steam yet. Goodnight

Cheers all.

Retry_02Hide

Haven't follow this thread for awhile, and still can see some awesome new stuffs when I come back, thx for all your great works CP!
(the MW gears are freaken nice, gonna try edit the sound data of arriving at outpost/ starting a mission to "Bravo 6, going dark." for it)

Chicken Plucker

Progress Report:

Well, well.

Finally updating my Spetsnaz, but they're not War Mongrels Spetsnaz (will do a different version of them with varying gear later) no, no my friends, we're talking Allegiance Spetsnaz.

I plan on making a playable Allegiance and Coalition scenario, and turn them into factions also.

Made a new Altyn, the 3rd version I have thankfully not lost.

WIP 6B47 helmet. Default Allegiance operator helmet. I don't wanna do too much Allegiance gear, I'll do a few more non-helmet headgear and call it a day

GORKA-4 (Spetsnaz)

Comparison to Rimmu-Nation GORKA-4:

Wanted a better, faction usable GORKA-4 without really having to remake it. Thankfully adding detail made things better. I used eyedropper on Modern Warfare Spetsnaz images to get their colors right.

<- Had to work with these, happy to have learned how to de-color my stuff.

Body Armor done by Ods. 6B43 vest, the first one I've made now. I used his textures he handed over to me, added a harness on top of it with pouches, very unique style Russian troops have since they're not MOLLE velcro addicts.

So there you have it guys, You'll get Coalition and Allegiance forces. Probably as factions too but I have till next week Friday to finish these.

Oh forgot to mention, tried to do a sample version of what J-12 looking units would look like
"Hyou theenk you can keel me? A LITTUL PEES OF SCHITT CHILD?!" - J-12 Soldier 2019

A second Telnyashka onskin for muscly bois, with just the GORKA-4 trousers and suspenders hangin' on them. Extra work but you know.. J-12 for the memes.

Scenarios Planning:

Coalition:
5 Operators
Randomized "Task Force _____" name
Coalition Logo
Resources available: US Army MREs, Medic Bags etc.

Details: Operation: "Red Horse", the priority is to find a suitable new home for the people of your world. The Coalition and all allies have rounded up the best Task Force teams to send to potential new homes. Your sacrifice may mean the difference between new leaf or extinction to those back home.

Allegiance:
5 Spetsnaz
Randomized "Special Purpose Team _____" name
Allegiance Logo
Resources available: Russian Army MREs, Medic Bags etc.

Details: The Coalition has gone out of their way to keep secrets despite the uneasy peace; Little did they know the Allegiance also captured mechanoid technology that allowed highly advanced space flight. You are to race the Coalition in finding a new home, with or without their help. Your success means life to the future generation.

Quote from: Retry_02Hide on March 09, 2020, 03:04:44 AM
Haven't follow this thread for awhile, and still can see some awesome new stuffs when I come back, thx for all your great works CP!
(the MW gears are freaken nice, gonna try edit the sound data of arriving at outpost/ starting a mission to "Bravo 6, going dark." for it)

Hey man welcome back! yeah I was gonna do custom scenarios with their video game instrumentals. I wasn't gonna add voice lines from the game but I wanna guarantee that authentic feeling when your faction logo and pawns are there lookin' tacticool.

Chicken Plucker

1.1 MODLIST

Mods updated
- Task Force 141
- The Ghosts
- WWII Soviet Faction (Not my mod folder in Google Drive)
- Cordis Die
- Umbra Company
- Last Man Contingent

Details:

Temporarily removed tanks. Cordis Die still has their mechanoids since they are unmanned robots, side effects include them spawning inside ancient sites. Waiting for LimeTreeSnake's fix for NoRogueRobots however there are no promises since he is very busy himself. I should be in college right now so I'm getting out of here. Cheers all.

P.S. Factions now have skill sets and their own materials, I.E. Elite Crew uses Cloth and leather, while Cordis Die and government backed factions use Synthread and Plasteel. Umbra Company is inbetween with Cloth/Synthread and Plasteel while Last Man Mercs use mostly Cloth and Steel.

Chicken Plucker

1.1 MODLIST

Mods updated
- Military Furniture (Out of Beta baybeee)
- Last Man Contingent
- Umbra Company
- Cordis Die (Mechs removed to stop ancient sites issue)

Details:

All faction mods now coded to work with Red Horse- er I mean Military Furniture's recruitment board. We're out of beta folks. All done. Enjoy.

Gotta say it's 5:30AM and I didn't sleep trying to get this update done, now I got college for the next several hours. Oof. You guys better get some missions done and look as tacticool as possible doing it

Goodnight all- oh wait no. Good morning all. No time to sleep then.

Skynert

TuefelHundenIV

Thanks for putting so much time and work into the mods especially putting them forward for 1.1.  Good luck in the Army.

Chicken Plucker

1.1 MODLIST

Mods updated
- Military Furniture

Details: updated military crate texture to look smaller. Also added black outline

Quote from: Skynert on March 11, 2020, 10:39:48 AM
Why military furniture tab is gone?

Minimising, less cluttered look since having walls, floors and all kinds of stuff in one place was not cool to look at or navigate

Quote from: TuefelHundenIV on March 11, 2020, 09:02:18 PM
Thanks for putting so much time and work into the mods especially putting them forward for 1.1.  Good luck in the Army.

Thanks hombre. Just helicopters and modern warfare now.. and turrets

Hey guys I'm in college atm. Just leaving an update, I am stuck trying to fix an error with SSM missiles. That's all, gonna have a fitness assessment today so I'm gonna get ragged about. See you all on the other side

Canaris

Minimising, less cluttered look since having walls, floors and all kinds of stuff in one place was not cool to look at or navigate

Unironically i liked it.. I hate when i have uneven number of tabs.
Phoneposter - typos will happen.

Chicken Plucker

1.1 MODLIST

Mods updated
- Military Furniture
- Rimmu-Nation Security

Details: Added SSM missile to Rimmu-Nation security, fixed HESCO wall cost to be cheaper and also Blast Wall fill to 100%. Nerfed plywood wall HP.

Quote from: Canaris on March 12, 2020, 11:29:58 AM

Unironically i liked it.. I hate when i have uneven number of tabs.

Now I have to worry about Get to the Chopper, may remove the extra tab also.

Canaris

Cant wait for the Choppa tbh.
SRTS is great and all but its just not the same thing :(
Phoneposter - typos will happen.

nylem

Thanks for all the updates CP. Really appreciated. I use the Gunny storyteller and you said that crucible had been removed because you couldn't add more...tabs? levels?....(sorry I suck at remembering) anyway, there's a mod that adds a few more difficulties called More Higher Difficulty that's been updated. Would this help you at all with the Gunny? As you can see I'm no modder but I wondered if it could help you at all.

Also, did you scrap the idea of the female-only Medusas's faction?

Off to play with my new Red Horse Miltary Furniture now. Thanks again.

Chicken Plucker

1.1 MODLIST

Mods updated
- Military Furniture

Details: something something, fixed HESCO wall cost, made blast walls impassable- and I lost your attention cause of the new previews below.

The following are BETA releases which can be downloaded in the Google Drive link above.

Got a surprise for you fellas today. The mods are far from finished but they have stable(ish) features.

NOTE: Get to the Chopper needs "SRTS Expanded" mod to work and Get on the Boat needs "Boats" to work.

Assault Boats - Can transport up to 4 people

MRAV 660 or "Multi-Role Auxiliary Vessel". Has room for a lot of people, and has guns.
*knock knock, it's the United States. With huge guns, gun boats."

Get to the Chopper only has the MH-6 Little Bird added. It has missile launching capabilities. It took all day to get it to work with SRTS, sadly lots of things don't feel "Helicoptery" now and some design choices in that mod force me to just take it on the chin, such as insta-takeoff. I'll just deal with it. Fun fact, I have to redo all chopper textures so it's as if I'm remaking the mod. I'll probably only leave a few of the old ones we had and go to training, worry about it later

Progress on Modern Warfare 1.1 is slower than I wished, mostly cause of J-12. Ods did the gasmask for me and harness.

Quote from: nylem on March 14, 2020, 07:33:32 PM
Thanks for all the updates CP. Really appreciated. I use the Gunny storyteller and you said that crucible had been removed because you couldn't add more...tabs? levels?....(sorry I suck at remembering) anyway, there's a mod that adds a few more difficulties called More Higher Difficulty that's been updated. Would this help you at all with the Gunny? As you can see I'm no modder but I wondered if it could help you at all.

Also, did you scrap the idea of the female-only Medusas's faction?

Off to play with my new Red Horse Miltary Furniture now. Thanks again.

Hey there no problemo. I get asked a lot about multiple mods, some ideas if I've left them. The factor will always be lack of time and lack of technology. I don't have coding help to make Medusa happen since no code that isn't bugged to heck allows an all female faction. If it ever comes and I haven't decided to leave modding yet, sure, it'll happen

And thanks for letting me know regarding the difficulty, I heard but I haven't had time to look into it yet